Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will Sylvanas become the next big enemy and/or new leader of the Horde?

I played a fresh low level undead rogue and saw this dialoge.

Garrosh has a point and we already had the Forsaken overstep their boundarys at the Wrath Gates in the past.
    This quest text also shows that the restrictions the Horde forced on the Forsaken are followed very reluctant.

I think it's only a matter of time until this situation will spin out of control. Especially with Garrosh gone. Could Sylvanas turn into a female Lich King? Could she try to overtake the Horde and kill everybody to make them Forsaken? I don't think that Vol'Jin will be leader of the Horde for a long time and I don't think that he is a very powerful leader.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-08-19 at 12:16 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    She certainly has the capability to make some big waves, both physically and mentally, i.e. she seems like she can go off the deep end. I hope she doesn't turn into a raid boss, though, I rather like her.

I think when and if this story arc happens, it will involve Bolvar as the new Lich King, a kind of Hades like figure from Greek mythology, who sees himself as a new kind of Aspect in the world now without dragon guardians, the Jailer of the Damned and the Undead. The Aspect of Death, who will see it has his responsibility to destroy or subvert her.

I used to fancy him alone with Sylvanas imprisoned in isolation, perhaps slowly coming to know each other in their solitude, kind of exploring a Hades/Persephone type scenario. Just tossing shit at the wall to see what sticks, don't kill me.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Sylvanas was being groomed as a future raid boss during Cataclysm, the same period where they were trying to sell Garrosh as a fierce but honorable Warchief. The screenshot in the OP in particular represents an exchange of dialogue where they were working both of those angles simultaneously, with Sylvanas being evil and Garrosh actually lecturing her.

Then after a couple years worth of "Basic Campfire for Warchief" threads they finally realized that everyone hated Garrosh and always would. So they turned him into a raid boss, and well, they're not going to have us kill TWO leaders of the Horde in raids. So the whole "Sylvanas is the new Lich Queen" thing was just sort of randomly dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyPete View Post
    Sylvanas was being groomed as a future raid boss during Cataclysm, the same period where they were trying to sell Garrosh as a fierce but honorable Warchief. The screenshot in the OP in particular represents an exchange of dialogue where they were working both of those angles simultaneously, with Sylvanas being evil and Garrosh actually lecturing her.

Then after a couple years worth of "Basic Campfire for Warchief" threads they finally realized that everyone hated Garrosh and always would. So they turned him into a raid boss, and well, they're not going to have us kill TWO leaders of the Horde in raids. So the whole "Sylvanas is the new Lich Queen" thing was just sort of randomly dropped.
    well, in SoO, Varian does say that the Alliance is now determined to set it's eyes on Lordaeron after all the things Sylvannas did in Cataclysm, so I'm not sure if it will be.dropped that easily.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Think it's more likely to see her turn against both factions then trying to overthrow one.

7+ Year Old Account
    hope so, would gladly rain some felfire on her emo ass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I just don't see Blizzard turning her into a Raid Boss, nor do I see them permanently killing her off. She's just far too much of a fan favorite.

The closest thing I could see is an event (maybe even a few), where she comes close to snapping and is about to turn against the Horde, then Blizzard will add some event where she sees the "light" and decides against it. I mean, she already had one of those when she was going to abandon the Forsaken pre-Cata.

Deleted
    I can't imagine Forsaken doing anything interesting w/o her.

7+ Year Old Account
    She is the best what's left and only hope for Forsaken.

Deleted
    She will never be an vilian otherwise the Forsaken will turn into Draenei/Gnomes as a race (boring and filler content)
    Unless she is ressing somebody like Uther then something might happen in the leadership of the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Sylvanas turns I will organize Blizzard HQ raid parties in order to beat the living crap out of those responsible.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

I really hope not, I like Sylvanas and the last thing I want is to have her get bumped off just so we can get some loot like K-T and Illidan.

She's more interesting as a character of dubious loyalties than a straight villain you just kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

nah, she is different than other faction leaders, she made/created/lead the forsaken to what they are today.

in a way, they are bound to her, so i doubt she will ever be a boss that we kill.
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I think when and if this story arc happens, it will involve Bolvar as the new Lich King, a kind of Hades like figure from Greek mythology, who sees himself as a new kind of Aspect in the world now without dragon guardians, the Jailer of the Damned and the Undead. The Aspect of Death, who will see it has his responsibility to destroy or subvert her.

I used to fancy him alone with Sylvanas imprisoned in isolation, perhaps slowly coming to know each other in their solitude, kind of exploring a Hades/Persephone type scenario. Just tossing shit at the wall to see what sticks, don't kill me.
    See I rather like that. Good idea.

Will probably become a villain, no way she'll become the leader of the Horde, nobody trusts her at this point.

Deleted
    Doubt she will ever become hostile to our factions because there isn't really anyone decent to replace her.

Just read the last book, she is already crazy like hell. She wants to kill her own sister and her childrens, so they can "be together". And she goes completly nuts when finds out her sister's betrayal and goes to butcher every living animal she can find in the forest meanwhile screaming like a retard. The only question is in which expansion is she going to be a boss.

Deleted
    The forsaken are well known to not care about others since forever. They only joined the Horde because their existence was in danger which explains the tone of this conversation. When you add a war crazed warchief who wanted the horde to consist purely of orcs you get the result.

I don't know about her being a boss- she certainly wouldn't be good as a Garrosh type bad/boss.

Deleted
    Well she acted so nice and civilised in the MOP ending cut scene