Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    """" In theory, Warlords could only have two raid tiers and then a new expansion. It depends on how quickly the next expansion is ready. """

So with 2 Tiers instead of 3 and 50 bucks for each new "" Expansion "", they can get 75 % of their usual revenue ( compared to 3 tiers ) with 66 % of their usual productivity, only.

GJ BLI²

Deleted
    i guess then, WoD is my last expansion i will play, this became pure milking of money, but surely i will continue to follow what expansions Blizzard makes and where will they get with all this rushed content.

I'd prefer to stay with three tiers per expac (maybe four). The last thing I want is an even longer SoO. Pretty sure SoO has been the longest last tier in history of anything :/

LEGENDARY GOREHOWL? So glad im going back to my ret. MIIIINNNNEEEEE!!! xD

I wonder what gets more model updates? Thrall or Gorehowl?

Quote Originally Posted by otakuman523 View Post
    you know i get gorehowl and the staff being possible legendaries but cmon already when was the last time hunters had a legendary? oh wait yeah it was the end of BC and it was quickly nerfed within BC, keep in mind it was also off the last raid boss in the entire expac.

how many melee weapons have we had ? too many to list

casters got a really nice quest line in cata

going to say why give a legendary to just one class forget hunters... why did rogues get there own legendary with class questline in cata

no offense but hunters are really due something special imho
    Hunters get something special, taming pets. Warlocks may summon them, and Mages can conjure an elemental but there are so many super rare pets that its not even a joke if a hunter never can "Catch 'em all". So when you say you need a legendary, just look at your spirit animal or whatever your favorite pet is and go "Oh, I have a living creature that levels up and can be customized".

I understand your rampant need for a legendary, but the only sword and board legendary that we got to keep was in Vanilla, and even that had agility on it so people wanted to steal it as well. We got Shadowmourne because that was the Death Knights expansion, and we got Tyrygosa because it was the Dragon expansion and she was a blue dragon so she was a caster item, the Daggers were made to represent the duality of insanity and thus had to be wielded by a dual wielding class and rogues got the spot light. Val'anyr was a healer mace because they needed a nice niche item that would cover a lot of classes at once and it did, and it fit the theme of the area as they were restoring the sanity of the Titans. Atiesh was a very nice caster weapon that is now no longer allowed to be gotten, and is the staff of Medivh which in and of itself makes it awesome. Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury, came out as part of BC because it came out in the elven raid tier as a part of Sunwell and it wouldn't be right to have a weapon that didn't fit the them. Thunderfury has a good story line and is agi which meant it could be used by a large number of classes. Sulfuras wouldn't have fit as any weapon other than a hammer.The last legendary weapons on the list are the Glaives, which are Warrior/Rogue/Death Knight/Monk, are extremely hard to get and dont matter much now anyway beyond the feat of strength.

When they can find a place for a legendary that doesn't walk around behind you and murder your enemies, they'll put one in. Until then, stand in line. Warriors and Paladin tanks have been waiting for a legendary shield for a very long time.

I think the next legendary weapon really ought to be an agility staff or 1h axes/maces/swords. And rogues should be excluded from using them since they had their legendary in Cata. Back in WotLK, DK's had a legendary weapon that suited their specs during their expansion. Monks never got their legendary weapon. Hunters missed out on weapon being useful sure. Casters had staff from Firelands as well, so to skip agility users like this feels wrong.

Pretty soon our $15 will no longer give us content patches. There will be a new "expansion" every 6 months/raid tier. Why give us content patches when they can charge us twice for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Pretty soon our $15 will no longer give us content patches. There will be a new "expansion" every 6 months/raid tier. Why give us content patches when they can charge us twice for them?
    It's EQ all over again. Jesus fucking Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Will they reduce the price of the next expansion to compensate?
    Keep dreaming.

yeah, I am starting to turn to the dark side here. So now the expansion is $50 and will include less patches and raids? It really does feel like they are going towards the EQ model.

I'm not alarmed about the raid tier thing. Think about it, they've talked about adding more dungeons.

6.1 dungeon tier 6.2 raid tier 6.3 dungeon tier, 6.4 raid tier.

It would allow them to have larger, more epic raids, especially if they make the dungeons as hard as HoR was when that first hit.

"In theory, Warlords could only have two raid tiers and then a new expansion. It depends on how quickly the next expansion is ready."

Excuse me, but why?! Why should it depend on the next expansion or not? If they do the WoD expansion and think it's content worthy of an expansion, I expect that they have a major story to tell - a story that will make the expansion last for a while.
    They might aswell have made WoD as some patch similar to Firelands if they didn't really have anything to say about the place.

Also: whoever Celestalon answered when it comes to the priest concerns is a bad priest and have a weird viewpoint on our spells. For example it's good that Fade has so many uses. I was afraid the'd remove it, but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    yeah, I am starting to turn to the dark side here. So now the expansion is $50 and will include less patches and raids? It really does feel like they are going towards the EQ model.
    I'm so irritated with this line of thought. First of all, the goddamn expansion is 50 dollars because they are including a free level 90, valued at 60 dollars currently. Otherwise it would be 39.99 like every other one.

Second of all, if they are looking to do dramatically faster, dramatically smaller expansions, i'm pretty sure a change in price will be considered and possibly implemented. Reaper of Souls was 30 and offered a lot of cool content. Why would you assume they would keep the price that comes with a free character?

Third, wouldn't 2 or 3 raid tiers and an expansion be better than an entire year of NOTHING for the 15 a month?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I'm not alarmed about the raid tier thing. Think about it, they've talked about adding more dungeons.

It would allow them to have larger, more epic raids, especially if they make the dungeons as hard as HoR was when that first hit.
    I am a bit alarmed. Blizzard often goes from one extreme to another, and after the current patch has been going on for some time already, they are probably going to rush patches in WoD. I'm not sure if a new expansion every 12 months with only 2 raid tiers + some dungeons is a good idea in the long run..

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    I'm so irritated with this line of thought. First of all, the goddamn expansion is 50 dollars because they are including a free level 90, valued at 60 dollars currently. Otherwise it would be 39.99 like every other one.

Second of all, if they are looking to do dramatically faster, dramatically smaller expansions, i'm pretty sure a change in price will be considered and possibly implemented. Reaper of Souls was 30 and offered a lot of cool content. Why would you assume they would keep the price that comes with a free character?

Third, wouldn't 2 or 3 raid tiers and an expansion be better than an entire year of NOTHING for the 15 a month?
    that's about the worst sorry excuse defending blizzard I have seen in a long time…guess what…they are the ones that set the price of the character boost…it actually costs them virtually nothing to do it…they are making almost 100% pure profit on every character boost they sell to people too lazy to level a toon…it's just another money grab / monetization of the game by blizzard and an extra $10 bucks on every copy of WoD they sell for something that costs them virtually nothing.

And you're using that to defend the fact that the most expensive expansion in WoW history is almost certainly going to have the least content of any expansion ever especially if they follow through with only 2 raid tiers…

and then to go on and claim that being charged more often for less content is actually better because last time the final raid tier lasted 13 months…like expecting a multi-billion dollar company to a) live up to their promises and b) give you decent value for your money (more content) is asking too much…

all I can say beyond omfg is that blizzard wishes they could clone people like you
    Last edited by Sensa; 2014-08-20 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post

Reaper of souls is 40 dollars. They could easily have a level 100 boost with the expansion after warlords and keep it at 50 dollars so idk why you're acting like it'll go back down from 50 to 40.

I don't think anyone is really saying they want a year of nothing. They just don't want rushed content and the expansions to give the story that they should give. Personally I think if we had constant yearly expansions people would just get too fatigured. Some break time from wow is good and different portions of the playerbase go through content at different rates. We shouldn't have a year without content but we also shouldn't have rushed, non stop content for contents sake.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post

They said two raid tiers, not two raid patches. So Tier 17 in 6.0, Tier 18 in 6.2, and then new expansion.

It's looking like they got halfway done with the next expansion, suddenly decided to change their focus and start from scratch to do WoD instead resulting in the 14 month gap, and cuts as they manage to get it done in that time. Then next year they'll release the other expansion that they've already half finished.

I'd honestly be okay with this if they hadn't raised also raised the price of the expansion which just seems kind of scummy at this point.

Deleted
    If anyone wants a look, I just put up a video on why WoD will beat MoP - it links in with the news that Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are making a return. Ya can see it here if ya like http://bit.ly/1pcUUhD ^^

There's also a bit of info on a WoD beta key giveaway I may be having, so get hype for that ^^
    Last edited by mmoc40e5e26206; 2014-08-20 at 06:56 AM.

Another xpac, and another xpac without a tanking legendary.
    And no Thunderfury doesnt count, because if you are waiting on a fucking wep proc for aggro to be a good tank, your a fucking fail tank.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs