Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[WOD] - Crafting epic BoEs - profession required or is Garrison enough?

Hi there,

I hope some of you guys that tackled crafting already in the WoD beta can help me out and shed some light into this issue.

In order to fill out empty gear slots with good gear come raiding after wod release I wanted to craft the epic BoEs for my class. I read the wowhead guides about professions and it states there that even if you do not have the profession on your own, there will be an NPC that sells you the epic recipes for work order CDs.

So in my example (warrior): Will I be able to craft the epic BoE truesteel weapon/armor without having Blacksmithing on my char? Or do I need to change my profs on my main char in order to doing so?

I still don't understand what the advantage would be to have the profession on your char if the Garrison has the possibility so supply yourself with the gear that way. Or are you just "slower" until you have the correct mats and recipes through Garrison only in comparison to having the profession on your toon? Anyone can help with that?

Thank you guys in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    The recipes still require you to have the profession. You completely misunderstood what you saw on Wowhead. If you're not a blacksmith, the best you can do is gather mats and hope someone will craft it for you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Well I was just reading about this:

"Garrison Building: The Forge
    ■Level 1: Allows the production of Blacksmithing items.
    ■Level 2: Removes wear & tear durability loss. Also allows up to 3 work orders at once.
    ■Level 3: Allows up to 5 work orders at once.
    If you select the Forge without having Blacksmithing, an NPC can craft Draenor Blacksmithing recipes for you. Another NPC can generate shipments of Truesteel Ingot.

If you select the Forge while having Blacksmithing, that same NPC will sell you Draenor Blacksmithing recipes."

http://wod.wowhead.com/guide=2478/wa...thing-overview

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: Production time.

Long answer: Having the profession (and profession related garrison building) shortens production time because more potential influx of mats assuming your BS has the plans learned already (which is why there's a NPC that will sell you specific Draenor BS recipes).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

So am I able to craft all the BoEs through the Garrison without the need of having Blacksmithing on my toon?

Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    So am I able to craft all the BoEs through the Garrison without the need of having Blacksmithing on my toon?
    You still need to have the profetion for epics. When you build Alchemy lab or Froge (BS) you will be able to give mats in to get daily task complete which is mostly daily CD that nets you mats for the items. Also once you build Forge or any other proff garrsion an NPC will be there that sells plans/receips. Some of those plans costs gold those are the cheap plans and mostly plans that allow you to lvl from 1-600 and then to 700 aswell. But the main plans you want from shop cost extra resources, like Klaxxi plans costed ore, for these not sure haven't checked yet. Gonna check now and update it.

Either way having proffesion + Garrison building will be the most efficient way to get items crafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoroth View Post
    You still need to have the profetion for epics. Either way having proffesion + Garrison building will be the most efficient way to get items crafted.
    The datamined text so far states that if you don't have the profession then there's an NPC who can take work orders and craft items for you. An additional NPC is also there to convert/trade raw mats for crafted mats (i.e. Truesteel Ignots). However, if you have the profession that matches the building then the NPC (the second one) will also sell you recipes for that profession (currency is generated by a daily CD, refer to JC dailies back in Cata and WotLK).
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the text is accurate from wowhead.com datamine. Guess we can wait for part two blog about Garrisons from blizzard but my money is on you can craft boe from your garrison building without said profession but it will be slower.
    ---

My premade has Herbing and Alch as proffs, yet I built a tannery and was able to have the tannery NPC craft me a epic cloak. http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=171268

So without having the actual profession you will be able to have your plot NPC craft you BoE epics all you need to do is supply them with raw mats.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So this leads to the question, what is the point of having professions?

They removed the combat perks so what advantage do they give? Slightly faster crafting?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can't have all the buildings in a single garrison. There are also some fun vanity items that don't have a great deal effect on combat that require you have a certain level of the profession to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    So this leads to the question, what is the point of having professions?

They removed the combat perks so what advantage do they give? Slightly faster crafting?
    Professions = Faster crafting. Garrison buildings give options. You can go for more mats more crafting by aligning buildings to match your profession or diversify so that you can be more "self reliant" without as much need from the AH or Alts.

However, even that requires some sacrifices in the Garrisons. So player has more meaningful choices which is what Blizzard is aiming for. The current model clearly shows certain advantages in picking specific professions for your character based on spec/class.
    ---

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Professions = Faster crafting. Garrison buildings give options. You can go for more mats more crafting by aligning buildings to match your profession or diversify so that you can be more "self reliant" without as much need from the AH or Alts.

However, even that requires some sacrifices in the Garrisons. So player has more meaningful choices which is what Blizzard is aiming for. The current model clearly shows certain advantages in picking specific professions for your character based on spec/class.
    I see, thanks for clarifying that.

I have a full roster of alts anyway so will probably go for the maximum production of mats.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I've done on the beta all the epics you can make in the garrison without actually having the profession are BoP. Actually having the recipe and making an item yourself allows BoEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    From what I've done on the beta all the epics you can make in the garrison without actually having the profession are BoP. Actually having the recipe and making an item yourself allows BoEs.
    If the above situation is true, than I dont really think there will be any market for selling crafted BoEs, since everyone can craft gear as BoP.

Deleted
    Hello i'm wondering if the new crafted gear has 2 secondary stats?

For example this pattern: wod.wowhead.com/item=114862

It says "random enchantment", but does this mean 1 or 2 secondary stats.

i'm wondering because the apexis items have clearly 2 secondary stats, so crafted gear will be useless if it hasnt 2 secondary stats also.

wod.wowhead.com/currency=823/apexis-crystal#items:0+9-2-17+1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyriah View Post
    Hello i'm wondering if the new crafted gear has 2 secondary stats?

For example this pattern: wod.wowhead.com/item=114862

It says "random enchantment", but does this mean 1 or 2 secondary stats.

i'm wondering because the apexis items have clearly 2 secondary stats, so crafted gear will be useless if it hasnt 2 secondary stats also.

wod.wowhead.com/currency=823/apexis-crystal#items:0+9-2-17+1
    This is a complete shot into the blue butmy guess is that it will be like Diablo3. It can have 2 seondary stats or 1 secondary stat but if it only has one stat it will have a higher number.

The difference between a real profession and garrison is the amount of time you need to put in to achieve the same effect. Taking blacksmithing for example, using garrison building to produce the daily cooldown material via work order nets you 5 Truesteel Ingots and doing the same with your regular profession (assuming 700 skill) produces 10 ingots

Certain recipes are locked to a certain tier of a building if you don't have the profession. I believe most of the crafted epics require the tier 3 building if you don't have that profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    This is a complete shot into the blue butmy guess is that it will be like Diablo3. It can have 2 seondary stats or 1 secondary stat but if it only has one stat it will have a higher number.
    Yeah there's a stat budget formula somewhere for items based on item level and from that formula you can derive the amount of "secondary stat" that would be on a piece of gear.

For instance assume that x ilv has y amount of secondary stat budget. This means that you could have y = 1 secondary stat (i.e. haste) or y = 2 secondary stat (i.e. z haste and b-y mastery). Since there are five secondaries, you could get 1 of 15 different combinations:
    Pure Haste Pure Mastery Pure Crit Pure Multistrike (MS) Pure Versatility (Vers?)
    Haste/Mastery Haste/Crit Haste/MS Haste/Vers Mastery/Crit
    Mastery/MS Mastery/Vers Crit/MS Crit/Vers MS/Vers

**Update**
    The above table is only for Armor pieces excluding cloaks, rings, necklaces, trinkets and weapons. Those apparently can have additional secondaries.
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2014-08-25 at 08:53 PM.
    ---