Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Who the hell cares about 1-70, at this point in the game it means nothing.
    I wish they would have just made everyone start at level 70. But now the cheating is out of control. There is just no possible way you can have 5pc class sets and pretty much BiS gear 36 hours after it went live. I know some people just seem to win at RNG. Winning at RNG means you get 2 set pieces and maybe a nice legendary in a day. Good RNG DOES NOT MEAN you are in bis gear after the first day. Yet theres a lot of people with full sets with near perfect rerolls and sick legendary items in every other slot. The fact that there is no trading just adds more evidence that a major exploit is out there. I just dont see how its possible to be in godly gear not even 2 days into the Season unless you are cheating.

If they did get that gear without exploits then something is very very wrong with the loot system. I mean why even keep playing if you have the best gear after 36 hours? What do you have to look forward to now? Why would there even be a system in place that allows you to get that level of gear in such a short period of time in the first place?

No idea about you RNG that much on loot aswell. I sure haven't gotten anything BIS inn Diablo3 ros with more played.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJaWHVeBPg

I guess some things were not really reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am not sure Blizzard screwed up anything really. People just figured out efficient means of progression in a game solely about progression.
    Absolutely agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a shit? Has no effect on you...
    Aye mate

I was just want the transmog items and seasonal legendaries, fuck the leaderboards.

It's a bit sad considering everything was well known and discussed but I don't really see how that matters. It was obvious from the beginning how ridiculous it's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Well, you're ignoring the fact that the ladder RESET wasn't actually a complete reset. Some people had very much an advantage over other people. A reset of a ladder should be fair (in my opinion)...which means no paragon levels, no extra stash tabs, no extra difficulty unlocks etc.
    Paragon levels didn't carry over, stash tabs are hardly an advantage, and who in the hell cares about this season that hasn't hit level 70 before?

Really none of these complaints are valid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keylime View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJaWHVeBPg

I guess some things were not really reset.
    Yea, things that didn't matter.

Also ironic that Kripp complains about the methods people used for fast leveling when he used to look for and do the same sort of exploitative things when he took games seriously. His opinion here is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Paragon levels didn't carry over, stash tabs are hardly an advantage, and who in the hell cares about this season that hasn't hit level 70 before?

Really none of these complaints are valid.
    Stash tabs don't carry over either though.

I thought the whole point of ladders was more of the "No one with paragon 1000" so you don't feel out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty if they do want to make the game competitive and balanced they need to axe adventure mode for seasons and start you on normal mode with no way of increasing the difficulty. Me and a friend played our barb/WD to like 53 yesterday in adventure mode doing Act 1 bounties and rifts on hard. It was fun. Loot drops feel consistent. But I still say they need to do that for the sake of the game. Found out about Miner's Gold today, tried it. Pain in the dick on t6 solo as you don't get xp while dead, but yeah..when you do get it, it's insane. I just randomly have an 18 seasonal barb now from a couple of runs.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Disappointed with it aswell. Thought ladders (or seasons) would really revitalize the game for me, but it's just poorly implemented in my opinion... then i look at PoE and they really make the most out of them.

Played D3 for around 2 hours for the new season, already left it. Big disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    I wish they would have just made everyone start at level 70. But now the cheating is out of control. There is just no possible way you can have 5pc class sets and pretty much BiS gear 36 hours after it went live.
    Are we sure there was wide spread cheating?

It seems like a pretty big accusation without a lot of proof.

Diablo 3 post-ROS intends for legendary items to account for 80% of your gearing (per Blizzard dev's comment) and 5PC sets an accessible goal.

In non seasonal play mode it is possible to have 5pc sets within a week or less. Without any real effort too. For example, a Monk I was playing had finished up act 5 with Legendary items in all but 2 slots and a full set. It just happened because the loot system is slanted toward making one feel "awesome".

If they did get that gear without exploits then something is very very wrong with the loot system. I mean why even keep playing if you have the best gear after 36 hours? What do you have to look forward to now? Why would there even be a system in place that allows you to get that level of gear in such a short period of time in the first place?
    Progression. D3 has a paragon system as it's post gearing goals. There is also the meta goal of "perfect" gear.

A Marauder set in of itself is not too special or difficult to obtain. But a perfect Marauder set is very costly and requires a fair bit dedicated play.

Deleted
    I think people underestimate how many millions of people actively play D3 and how seriously some people will take it. People were preparing for a month beforehand, practicing every possible combo/route on the PTR before it went live.

If you don't like the crazy competition, you still get the seasonal reward even if you don't make the leaderboard, as long as you have a level 70 seasonal character. You can still get all the seasonal achievements, and all your exp still gets stacked onto your main account at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I think people underestimate how many millions of people actively play D3 and how seriously some people will take it. People were preparing for a month beforehand, practicing every possible combo/route on the PTR before it went live.

If you don't like the crazy competition, you still get the seasonal reward even if you don't make the leaderboard, as long as you have a level 70 seasonal character. You can still get all the seasonal achievements, and all your exp still gets stacked onto your main account at the end of the season.
    I guess to make seasons truely on an even playing field (if that is blizzards goal) they would not release what kind of season it is before hand and should do testing on internal servers only.

Though what was there really to test this season? It added a handful of new legs (which most are crap anyway) and some achievements. Like they added nothing interesting or anything, it is literally "just level as fast as you can". It's the exact same game we have always been playing :l and it wasn't even a true 100% restart (adventure mode), it was just alt leveling basically.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    Torment difficulty does not unlock until you are level 60
    Adventure Mode does not unlock until you clear Act 5

Why were they available from level 1? They should have been turned off like you were playing the game for a very first time. I mean I coudlnt open up the Map room in PoE during this new Season even though I had opened it up during the previous seasons. I had to clear Merciless Gemling Queen again. Should have been the same thing for Diablo's season. Nothing is unlocked until you unlock it again.
    that would be pointless running through the story is boring and slow, its much more fun to bash out rifts and bounties in adventure mode instead of running the story mode for that thousand and one time, people who want to abuse certain things in the game will always find a way to lvl that bit faster, its better to have a more enjoyable game for the rest than cater to the 1% of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am not sure Blizzard screwed up anything really. People just figured out efficient means of progression in a game solely about progression.
    It's not a screw up/mistake/oversight on Blizzard's part only if it was intended, and I doubt that's the case given how dominant killing monsters is as a form of progression.

Being able to avoid killing anything, having a bounty auto complete, and even reward those who are still in standing around in town? I'd be quite surprised if Blizzard says that is an intended mechanic.

Um, wat? Well let's just break your post down a bit, shall we?
    First: Why, in all that is relevant, would you think Diablo would do things like another game? And a competitor of all things.
    Second: Having access to all things is just the way the game works, you can make a completely new character but still have all vendors if you unlocked them once before.
    Third: There you are, comparing it to PoE again, why would you do that? And was seasons really ever meant to be a "race" per se?
    Fourth: "why give everyone else a 2 day head start while I tried to play the game the way its supposed to be played" to me it just sounds like you shot yourself in the foot, they made the game, not you. They are the ones that decide how it's meant to be played.
    Fifth: So because you're butt-hurt that you didn't reach max-level before everyone else when you made a fully new character and they played it the way it was meant to be played, they should be punished? GG.

You know what, I think the community is way better off not having you around, so yea, please leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    They are the ones that decide how it's meant to be played.
    Evidence suggests that "they" (being Blizzard, I assume) meant for the game to be played by killing monsters.

That the Miner's Gold bounty could be completed without doing suggests that some people were not playing the game the way they/Blizzard meant for it to be played.

Unless you think reaching 70 in a couple hours be doing the same bounty without killing anything and having your buddies stand around in town is an intended mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I guess to make seasons truely on an even playing field (if that is blizzards goal) they would not release what kind of season it is before hand and should do testing on internal servers only.

Though what was there really to test this season? It added a handful of new legs (which most are crap anyway) and some achievements. Like they added nothing interesting or anything, it is literally "just level as fast as you can". It's the exact same game we have always been playing :l and it wasn't even a true 100% restart (adventure mode), it was just alt leveling basically.
    They have been testing the roll-over for XP and items at the end of season. Imagine the blood rage if that gets frakked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Evidence suggests that "they" (being Blizzard, I assume) meant for the game to be played by killing monsters.
    Evidence does exist that Diablo 3's gameplay allows reward without direct monster slaying and player chosen quest hopping. Blizzard created a whole mode for it in their expansion and even expressed the rationale as to why Adventure mode was unlocked in season play.

So it is intended that players can chose which method they find suitable for progression.

I understand that people seem to find the "Miner's Gold" bounty a "cheap" method of progression. And that is cool as a personal value judgment, but unless Blizzard directly alter or claim otherwise the method is legitimate under the current rules of Diablo 3. Intent is for the most part irreverent and not worth player concern.

Unless you think reaching 70 in a couple hours be doing the same bounty without killing anything and having your buddies stand around in town is an intended mechanic.
    The quest is an intended mechanic. It is not and was not changed to operate any differently per these seasons. That players use the quest repeatedly is a meta concept not directly expressed by any gameplay in Diablo 3.