Poll: Dungeons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    MgT, though I have done it a few times while leveling before. MgT always felt like a unique dungeon, I loved it. When it was first released it was decently difficult for your average group, but it was still far more fun than SH/SL/Arc.

Problem with brd is that in the very beginning it was supposed to be wow's endgame, in fact it's the biggest 5 man dungeon with like 20 bosses and was not meant to be run by lfd pugs, the same applies to other big/long vanilla dungeons like maraudon, sunken temple, scholomance (pre nerf was like 1h30 long) gnomeregan and uldaman..., in fact some dungeons (sunken temple, scholomance) were simplified while others were split into subzones for lfd...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Problem with brd is that in the very beginning it was supposed to be wow's endgame, in fact it's the biggest 5 man dungeon with like 20 bosses and was not meant to be run by lfd pugs, the same applies to other big/long vanilla dungeons like maraudon, sunken temple, scholomance (pre nerf was like 1h30 long) gnomeregan and uldaman..., in fact some dungeons (sunken temple, scholomance) were simplified while others were split into subzones for lfd...
    But at the same time, it doesn't take much to make it better. They have already split the dungeon on the dungeon finder, they only need to do it right.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the old versions of all the dungeons they revamped/changed for the sake of having more dungeons and nostalgia. They're absolutely gutted and removed any sense of atmosphere and grandeur.

Okay, the exception being the two revamps in RFD and BFD.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Magister's Terrace really is one of a kind. I remember when it came out, a lot of people were so upset over how hard it was. You kinda needed at least 2 CC'ers, and accidental pulls caused wipes. Still, the place holds a special place in my heart, and I would rank it among my top5 favorite 5-man dungeons. The special atmosphere, the challenging difficulty and the variety in the bosses. If we're talking heroic mode, the dungeon also has a great loot table. You have a rare mount and a rare pet (not THAT rare) for collectors, as well as a fun item in the orb that turns you into a Blood Elf. Apart from that you have cool epics dropping from every boss, though only Kaelthas in normal.

When I leveled my warrior recently, I specifically queued up as tank for MgT at 70 and I had a blast running it.

I see hour of twilights doing well. Fuck I hated that place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Black Morass was really fun except if you were a gnome, which I was. Hated the place with a passion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I see hour of twilights doing well. Fuck I hated that place.
    Only the elf boss was horrible, I wasn't able to do more than 2k dps on her, with ilvl 400+, chain-silenced the whole fight.

I dearly miss the original Scarlet Monastery. Back in Vanilla the Cathedral was a right of passage. Now it's mostly just meh. 15 man UBRS and 10 man Scholo too, especially Scholo. Nothing like having Kirtonos pitch your tank out the window and wipe the group.
    Last edited by OneTripleZero; 2014-09-24 at 01:27 AM.

ICC dungeons, Well of Eternity (should have gotten more of them than the hour of twilight crap), and MGT. All three of them define their respective expansions for me IMO. Redone ZA and ZG were also nothing short of exceptional.

That said my favorite 5 mans are probably Halls of Origination, Forge of Souls, and redone Deadmines heroic.

They're the most memorable and most utilized part of each expansion for me and it's saddening how we get fewer each time.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2014-09-24 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Am I the only one who misses ToC?

ZA and ZG were great for the first few weeks. Just wish they hadn't been on a separate queue encouraging you to do them 10 million times a week.

Also miss End Time/WoTE, though Hour of Twilight itself wasn't as cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I've listed all of the dungeons that aren't accessible in a typical (dungeon grinding) leveling path. Two of my favorite dungeons in the game are Pit of Saron and Forge of Souls; I loved the aesthetics, and their difficulty was mid range which was good for me at the time. I really wish these dungeons were part of the leveling process because I haven't entered them since Wotlk .
    I always loved FoS and HoR, wasn't as big a fan of PoS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Pit of Saron. The CC needed on the hill up to the cave, followed by the cave itself, was really amazing. One of my favorite experiences in this game when it was done right.
    Or you could just run fast around the side before they spawned, but pugs were always too disorganised and fucked that up :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Magister's Terrace and Well of Eternity. As much as I hate killing elves the dungeons themselves are very pleasing on the eyes and ears. I still run them from time to time for the sake of nostalgia but it isn't the same as doing them back when they were current content.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-09-24 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The three patch 4.3 dungeons, even though I did them a fair bit at the end of Cataclysm to pass time and get healing/tank satchels, I still love them, which is very rare!
    They were very well designed with nice looking weapon art, interesting mechanics and memorable voice dialogue. Also, Well of Eternity was a completely different appearance then anything we've seen in-game prior. So beautiful - we also got to see Queen Azshara in all her glory AND as a Highborne elf!
    The only thing I disliked was waiting for Thrall in Hour of Twilight, other then that they are very memorable and I still miss them.

Forge of Souls because of Bronjahm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I miss the original Zul'Aman raid. The 5-man is just not the same.

Mid-expansion dungeons are always poop imo, somehow I didn't enjoy a single one of those in the poll. I guess ZA is the best choice though.

A lot of the classic dungeons, I wish Blizzard wouldn't streamline them so bad when they are getting revamped. Scholomance got ruined in MoP, lost all its atmosphere and has gotten extremely linear. Vanilla Scholomance is still one of my favorites, alongside Stratholme.

I also miss the ICC 5-mans. As for Magisters Terrace... I can't like that place after turning down so many people without CC

My favorite dung would be Maraudon, I like the scenary and atmosphere. Dire Maul also comes close
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Without the teleporting bullshit the Cata dungeons that came out with dragon soul were pretty good

Deleted
    The deadmines at lvl 10 was my first ever dungeon back in 2009 when I started to play so it gets my vote !