View Poll Results: Did Garrosh get...

Voters
223. This poll is closed
  • Less than what he deserved (he should have suffered more)

73 32.74%
  • Exactly what he deserved (the punishment fit the crime)

85 38.12%
  • More than what he deserved (he should have suffered less)

16 7.17%
  • A bum wrap (Garrosh was a hero and Thrall should have died)

49 21.97%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For all of you who says Thrall needs more emotion. ever since Garrosh as made warchief, every time Thrall and Garrosh talked and someone mentioned it to Thrall he felt it was all his fault. Now than Thrall finished Garrosh off with FINALLY no remorse he can get on with his life and start getting real character development. IT WAS ABOUT TIME Thrall got on with his life without the burden of Garrosh on his mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather that Garrosh was redeemed at the end of the last expansion or kept as a recurring minor enemy in each Expansion pack that always gets away.

So basically... Garrosh was like Charge, Hamstring, Mortal Strike, Whirlwind LOL
    And Thrall was like... LOL I'm a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Groadameer View Post
    So basically... Garrosh was like Charge, Hamstring, Mortal Strike, Whirlwind LOL
    too bad if this was a real pvp fight the enhancement shaman get slaughter by the Arms Warrior even if he could use all his elemental powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Tirion said to Arthas, "We'll grant you a swift death, Arthas. More than can be said for the thousands you've tortured and slain."
    This is surprisingly fitting for Garrosh's ultimate fate. Thrall did honor Garrosh with a swift death (At least what we can assume was swift).
    I said Garrosh should've suffered more, however. Because no amount of blood spilled by Garrosh will ever be enough to satiate this burning hatred towards this character. Many years of trying to make the Horde more then just a bunch of Bloodthirsty killers ruined single-handedly by this monster they call an Orc. Garrosh is the polar opposite of both Thrall and his Father.
    Also, I don't know much about Lore, but I don't think Thrall ever made Garrosh go fucking apeshit and destroy the Horde. That was his own choice.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

I know I'm late, but I think Garrosh got what he deserved. I wont go into detail, but in the book War Crimes he really shows no sympathy as usual. Although I think Garrosh got what he deserves, I think there is a lot to contribute. He was challenged by Cairne, abandoned by Vol'Jin and other elders. He was pretty much left to make decisions on his own. I think people should own up to their mistakes in allowing Garrosh to get as far as he did. His character was great and I'm glad it was over. Anymore Garrosh and his story would be completely ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hornyphiltrum View Post
    Imo he got exactly what he deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

LoL. It's amazing how people seem to forget.
    True story. We've already had our Villain, and UNLIKE Garrosh, people will forever run ICC, and forever spit on SoO.

I'm split between "as much he deserved" and "more than what he deserved".
    On one hand, he caused WoD, he was a tyrant, a warmonger and nearly destroyed the Horde. He got his due punishment.

On the other, it mainly bothers me who it was in particular that delivered the rather brutal end he received. Thrall. The guy who shares nearly 50/50 of the blame for Garrosh. He basically shoved Garrosh into the warchief position for a Horde he'd only been a part of for what...3-5 years at the time? He did not understand Azeroth, he was shoved into a world where he lived together with the enemies of the Horde and traded with them, it was nothing like Nagrand or Draenor as we've seen it, where non-orcs are enemies and the only "allies" orcs had were the draenei who traded with them and kept their respectful distance. People say Garrosh going genocidal was odd, but we see from WoD what sort of world orcs grew up on and it's no wonder Garrosh trusted absolutely none of his allies; from where he came from, even most members of your own race were enemies.
    Thrall essentially took him straight from Nagrand to Orgrimmar, then Northrend happened and Garrosh was introduced to the Alliance in a war-torn frozen tundra where after Wrathgate they wanted every member of the Horde dead.
    What he learned from this: "Many of my allies can't be trusted in this Horde, and the Alliance would tear us apart if given the chance." This mindset continued on until his fall in MoP.

So for Thrall to act high and mighty and deliver judgement down upon Garrosh is hypocritical when, as we can clearly see, the warning signs were there and not only did Garrosh warn Thrall that he did not feel he was ready, but Vol'jin, Eitrigg and Cairne did was well and Thrall did it anyway. How many big red "BAD IDEA" flags have to be waved in front of this idiot's face for him to stop and think "maybe I should choose someone a bit more level-headed and experienced in the New Horde to lead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanen View Post
    For all of you who says Thrall needs more emotion. ever since Garrosh as made warchief, every time Thrall and Garrosh talked and someone mentioned it to Thrall he felt it was all his fault. Now than Thrall finished Garrosh off with FINALLY no remorse he can get on with his life and start getting real character development. IT WAS ABOUT TIME Thrall got on with his life without the burden of Garrosh on his mind.
    In what, the novels? Majority don't even read them.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kippi View Post
    What if alternate timeline Gul'dan raises Garrosh as the first Death Knight
    Hmm... Maybe, after all, I'm sure Gul'dan has seething hatred of Garrosh now. What better way to take revenge than raising him in servitude. Although I wonder what effect that would be, a Gen 1 Deathknight with a warrior's soul.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groadameer View Post
    I find it odd how magic trumps everything in cutscenes.

I picked Bum Wrap.

He did exactly as he was told, Blizzard made him go nutsoid, and now he dead.

I wanted to add that "he made one mistake" but he didn't make a mistake, sending an assassin after Vol'jin was a completely justifiable and arguably correct decision, but the assassin failed to finish the job. If he'd successfully offed Vol'jin he'd probably still be Warchief.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

It wasn't humiliating enough. He died in 1v1 combat with an orc. Exactly the way Garrosh wanted to go out.

Preferably he would have been beaten by Yrel and then subjected to draenei justice for his crime. He thought the draenei weren't a threat and something he could easily push over, he should have been shown how wrong he was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    It's understandable, really.
    "An ostler has a mood and he kicks the dog. A mage has his moods and a town disappears." - Lothar.

10+ Year Old Account
    He got what he deserved, even if I am sad to see him go.

Also, I really wish the kill had gone to anyone but thrall, not because I have some sort of vendetta out for him but simply because a warrior x shaman battle was extremely anticlimactic. "Ugh, good hit, looks like you got me OHWAITFORGOTABOUTALLDEEZELEMENTS!!!!" *game over*

Ew.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

He got what he deserved.

Thrall made a mistake in choosing Garrosh as his successor; he rectified that mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    It's because martial styles and close range combat rely heavily on manliness and badassery - things that are almost non existent in azeroth.
    Garrosh basically didn't have a juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    He got what he deserved, even if I am sad to see him go.

Also, I really wish the kill had gone to anyone but thrall, not because I have some sort of vendetta out for him but simply because a warrior x shaman battle was extremely anticlimactic. "Ugh, good hit, looks like you got me OHWAITFORGOTABOUTALLDEEZELEMENTS!!!!" *game over*

Ew.
    He didn't even have any minions on the board. Blizzard am I really supposed to believe that a shaman can oneshot someone without significant board presence?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I wanted Garry to cleave thrall in two

Also that cutscene showed how utterly archaic warriors are in a land full of magic

All garrosh had was his axe and his muscles so what chance did he have when the other guy can literally use the air to pick u up then use the rock to pin you down and crush the life out of you then use lightening to electrocute you to death.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    It's understandable, really.
    "An ostler has a mood and he kicks the dog. A mage has his moods and a town disappears." - Lothar.
    Then again, a punch to the face interrupts the cast, as does the dagger to the back or a precisely thrown salmon to the mouth. Varian had his moods and he cut a 10-meter thick neck of a dragon with a 1 meter sword in a single blow. Hell, it's fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It's because martial styles and close range combat rely heavily on manliness and badassery - things that are almost non existent in azeroth.
    Garrosh basically didn't have a juice.
    Just as combat magic apparently relies on enemies just standing there in stupor with dropped jaws like it's the first time they see someone cast a spell.