Thread: WOD Feral PvE

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    How Does everyone feel about Feral siming some 40% + odd downtime atm? I've always had a resto druid main but for mop I mostly played my hunter and now that I've got a taste for solo play I want that with my druid so I'm looking at feral but going from hunters 0% downtime to 40% is off putting. I have yet to try it on PTR so I guess once the patch comes around that'l be the ultimate test.
    If you also wanna keep rejuv up 100% of the time, which is possible, you're looking at maybe 30% waiting time. Not that much worse than the 25% in MoP simulations.

The bigger issue is mastery being shit on single target, but our best stat on AoE and cleave. Like most other players here I think SR should be brought down.

Deleted
    Alright pals, few questions to the more experienced amongst you if you dont mind taking a moment to answer for me. Ive been away for a couple of months. If mastery isnt our best stat single target, what is? and at 100 are we thinking SOTF or Incarn to be better? and out of the 100 talents which do we consider the best there? Are we in a good place compared to everybody else in single target? and what about Aoe? thanks alot pals much appresiated

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    If mastery isnt our best stat single target, what is?
    Crit is simming as the best secondary stat for single-target dps. Mastery pulls way ahead for AoE; you can't multi-DoT with Shred and FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    and out of the 100 talents which do we consider the best there?
    Bloodtalons. Though not by as huge a margin as you might at first expect.

Deleted
    you can't multi-DoT with Shred and FB
    Sry if this sounds stupid but what do you mean by that? are you saying we no longer apply rake/thrash to additional targets? or are you saying that its mroe dps to not multi dot because shred and FB is so good?

So i have an idea thats prolly way too late to change but, make thrash a 1-5pt finishing move for ferals. that way we can thrash, swipe swipe swipe repeat. if they nerfed rake a bit and buffed rip to compensate, it would make our aoe favor crit like our single target, and favor swipe over raking everything. tho i hate that crit beats mastery in stat weights, just thinking out loud here i may be way off base lol, what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    wrong that they are lacking direct damage
    Moot point, they have already buffed that sufficiently on Beta, now its to the point of being excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    Moot point, they have already buffed that sufficiently on Beta, now its to the point of being excessive.
    while we was talking about MoP, yes they buff direct damage in WoD, but all of you are now whining that bleeds are not enough in our damage distribution
    people are not realise that there only 2-3 pure single target fights, where bleeds have shined, out of all ~10-14 tier boss encounters
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-10-06 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    while we was talking about MoP, yes they buff direct damage in WoD, but all of you are now whining that bleeds are not enough in our damage distribution
    people are not realise that there only 2-3 pure single target fights, where bleeds have shined, out of all ~10-14 tier boss encounters
    Having strong bleeds used to mean that our single target was great but our aoe was shit, but that isn't the case anymore. Feral multi-dotting with improved rake and whatnot is actually quite strong! So a nerf to bleeds is not only a nerf to single target, but a nerf to everything. And its a play style change that is unnecessary if you ask me. Every class and spec has its niche if you will and we were the ones with the hard hitting bleeds, but now we're basically a watered down sub rogue with less utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    Having strong bleeds used to mean that our single target was great but our aoe was shit, but that isn't the case anymore. Feral multi-dotting with improved rake and whatnot is actually quite strong! So a nerf to bleeds is not only a nerf to single target, but a nerf to everything. And its a play style change that is unnecessary if you ask me. Every class and spec has its niche if you will and we were the ones with the hard hitting bleeds, but now we're basically a watered down sub rogue with less utility.
    what playstyle you talking about, nothing have changed since tbc, it's still same abilities do different amount of damage in almost same rotation
    powerfull bleeds are get mentioned coz of snapshotting after 4.2 with trinket abusement, if you didn't play feral previous expansions you don't have expirience to point concerns
    tab raking is not meant to be our AoE, that's a problem to be sloved with merged steath abilities into our normal damage dealers, ferals are neither multidotters, and never was

what playstyle you talking about, nothing have changed since tbc, it's still same abilities do different amount of damage in almost same rotation
    powerfull bleeds are get mentioned coz of snapshotting after 4.2 with trinket abusement, if you didn't play feral previous expansions you don't have expirience to point concerns
    tab raking is not meant to be our AoE, that's a problem to be sloved with merged steath abilities into our normal damage dealers, ferals are neither multidotters, and never was
    I do agree here feral multidoting is min/max on several targets nothing more, multidoting was pretty much impossible in Ulduar/Naxx in wotlk due to pretty complex rotation. I personally prefer direct dmg over bleed dmg and there were a lot of discussion over that in DS times. And i would love to see t12/t13 set bonuses coming back in future. T17 looks meh tho

So let me ask you this.. if our Damage is that evenly distributed, couldn't i just shred5x FB over and over and do same amount of damage? and stack like crit and multistrike?

No, and I did respond stating why but forum lost my post.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

its evenly distributed based on the assumption that you will be using rip and FB in a fight, not sticking with one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Papyscrap View Post
    So let me ask you this.. if our Damage is that evenly distributed, couldn't i just shred5x FB over and over and do same amount of damage? and stack like crit and multistrike?
    An even distribution over a 5 minute fight of total damage doesn't mean you can drop it. A 5cp rip will still out damage a 5cp fb.

So has the Incarnation extending Savage Roar with the 5CP glyph been like that all Beta, or should I stop loving it before it gets changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    So has the Incarnation extending Savage Roar with the 5CP glyph been like that all Beta, or should I stop loving it before it gets changed?
    Been like that for a while now, I dont see them changing that anytime soon. Or if they even should due to how incarnation works. That to me seems like it might be a problem that would be much more apparent in PvP than PvE. Also not looking forward to getting a stank eye from a tank when I incarnation tab rake a pack of mobs. Sub rogues get their full stealth toolkit when in shadow dance. I just wish I wouldnt have to hear the SR and Pounce sound for the first 45 secs of every fight, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxx89 View Post
    I just wish I wouldnt have to hear the SR and Pounce sound for the first 45 secs of every fight, lol.
    Disable sounds :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    Disable sounds :P
    I actually started out in PvP way back in the day. I'm so used to hearing what is going on rather than waiting for it to register on my UI. If i turn sounds off I feel completely lost. Maybe weird but i can tell if my ability has landed or missed or parried or whatever have you, just from the sound it makes. I've played nothing but rogue or feral so not hearing those sounds really messes with my gameplay. Rogue's poisons on beta dont make a noise anymore, It took me a good minute to get used to it.

In early tiers squeezing in FB should be fairly rare but it will be very helpful to scaling in later tiers for FB to be close to the damage of Rip when combo points come faster.

If you pop Incarnation... wouldn't you use shred most of the time, and make sure to rake right at the end to extend SR?

Am I missing something?

(Going back to feral after an expansion as WW)
    Rawr