Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Do you guys think we can expect a buff before raids open?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    Fire? I'd say yes, because their simulcraft is abysmal.
    Arcane? Likely, since they need a little extra.
    Frost? Maybe a Frostbolt nerf revert, otherwise will probably remain a bursty clunky spec.

Deleted
    I've only played Frost so far, going to give arcane a go this weekend i think.
    So for frost i think we'll get a buff soon. Probably just a tweak to boost the damage of frostbolt. At the moment if you're a touch unlucky with procs which can happen commonly with low gear levels you can do almost nothing with frostbolt. Though as we get more stats and we get procs more this will change. Frostbolt still needs a damage boost though or instead of the perk for a 0.5sec quicker frostbolt maybe give it a similar perk fireball has in that each cast that doesn't give a proc has an increased chance to proc.

Deleted
    I believe Fire ~might~ get buffed prior to Highmaul release, but I don't think Arcane or Frost will see any buffs until a few weeks into the raid unfortunately. If Blizzard would just revert all the level 90 balance nerfs they put in place to appease the people whining about DPS in nerfed/out of date content we'd be fine.

Ale we are king and pawn. I don't mind the damage of FB but please just speed the cast time up fml! Comet storm also needs a buff....the rest is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobles View Post
    Ale we are king and pawn. I don't mind the damage of FB but please just speed the cast time up fml! Comet storm also needs a buff....the rest is awesome!
    It's hard to give Comet Storm a buff since it will be a powerspell in pvp. Maybe increase the cooldown and increase dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    It's hard to give Comet Storm a buff since it will be a powerspell in pvp. Maybe increase the cooldown and increase dmg.
    That is just a crock of poop, Comet Storm does not move after you cast it, only a poor player in PvP would remain in AoE. Try running a dungeon and tank gets happy feet just as you mash CS... Ice Nova would be way more dangerous in PvP, root and our best damage spell that is instant.

Frost right now suffers from two issues;

Frost Bolt damage is low, if you get no procs and your talents are on cooldown, well enjoy your 4k DPS. Currently the perk Enhanced Frost Bolt attempts to help, however you only get to benefit from it once every 15 seconds, which means one of every 8 frost bolts (at current haste levels). Personally, I feel they should leave the damage as is and just reduce base cast time to 1.5 seconds. Still hits like a wet noodle, however you are casting more Frost Bolts over a given time frame and thus more opportunity to proc FoF or BF.

Comet Storm - damage needs bumped, I want to use this when raiding but as it currently stands will probably move to TV or PC once raiding starts.

Deleted
    Yeah I've just swapped to using Thermal Void exclusively now as any time I've tried to use PC the tank almost without fail moves the boss right as it gets plopped down next to it regardless if there's bad stuff on the ground or not. After updating Skada(it was double dipping on PC again) the difference between the two talents seems mostly negligible in actual dungeon settings.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...39627154944001

We’re getting some good data on level 100 combat, especially dungeons, and are working on an initial round of tuning refinements.
    Let's hope

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Don't worry...we'll get buffs, that they end up overtuning for one day, and the day after those go out, we'll be nerfed even further than we currently are!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

A question on cleaving: should you use blizzard when orb is on CD? It hits like a wet noodle, but getting the almighty orb out faster just feels so important.

Yeah I've just swapped to using Thermal Void exclusively now as any time I've tried to use PC the tank almost without fail moves the boss right as it gets plopped down next to it regardless if there's bad stuff on the ground or not.
    Maybe I am just lucky, but exact opposite happens to me, tank almost never moves away from PC, and if they start moving, they notice crystal and just move back to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    A question on cleaving: should you use blizzard when orb is on CD? It hits like a wet noodle, but getting the almighty orb out faster just feels so important.
    I use it on 5 or more targets. Under that it i dont think it is worth it

Please for the love of god re-buff frostbolt.

If I'm unlucky with procs, then it feels like I'm just tickling whatever I happen to be trying to kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Part of the problem, I feel with Frost, is the utter shit method of loot in dungeons. We need multistrike, yet every single boss that drops cloth items drops 6+ versions and only one has Multistrike on it. So first you need to hope your number comes up for loot (omfg so many 3g rewards from bosses) in personal loot (my guild healers got shafted by queues on our high pop server) and then you only have a 1 in 6 shot at a piece with Multistrike. Also can't tell you how many useless weapons I have got as drops

Versatility is all over gear and some even has that shitastic stat Leech

Trinks - well right now I am rocking two from Nagrand rares and they have shitastic procs (crabs and a wolf)

I feel an ideal piece of gear probably has Multistrike and Haste, for Frost mages. To me the big issue is simply gaining appropriate gear.
    Leech is a bonus stat that, like speed, doesn't affect the damage stats. It's bonusrolled the same way as warforged and sockets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    I use it on 5 or more targets. Under that it i dont think it is worth it

Pretty much this.

Also don't see problem with our dps. It is rare for me to not be number one or two in dungeons and cms. Only class consistently beating me is ww when they carry brew buffs from trash into bossdoghts.

Deleted
    Frost mages, we need a boost to frostbolt damage so that when we don't get procs we still do some damage.
    That or replace the 0.5 sec cast with a similar perk fireball has where we get a stacking increase to get a proc.

Just making the cast quicker would be okay now but when gear levels are higher and we proc more and cast quicker + a boost to casting time we'd be proccing too much probably.

Deleted
    my frost mage currently does 8-9k single target dps, using no cd's
    which feels a bit weak

tho, in all dungs i've been in atm i top the dps meters on all thrash pulls and on all boss fights

only reason i top the fights on bossfights is because of the insane burst, in the start i get rly rly far ahead and manage to do 40-50% of the total dmg after 40-50 sec
    from then it just starts going down until i get cd's back

Overall I think mage dps is ok. With my 630 gear I usually on par in terms of dps in group with paladins, rogues and hunters. Sometimes they overdps me, sometimes I beat them.

Frost burst is awesome, especially on aoe trash. I can make 80-100k dps per pack of spiders in Burial Grounds instance. Crystal+ 2 novas + orb, then lances. Though, who cares about aoe pack dps? Even worse - as soon as your burst is gone and you are reduced to spam frostbolts your dps falls to the ground.

Blizzard is a joke - druid can pull 30-40k dps with single Swipe ability, while my Blizzard makes 12k. Wtf is this? Cone of Cold hits like a weak noodle with 10 sec cd.

Frostbolt - this spell is a joke now. Frostbolt spam = 5k dps, and it happends sometimes if you are unlucky with procs.

To sum up: Frost mages need a buff to sustained dps and nerf to burst. Something like 50% buff to frostbolt, 50% buff to Blizzard (or maybe create new debuff - something like your Blizzard hits for 50% more while debuff from Cone of Cold is active) and 30% nerf to Frost Nova.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I'm at 647, will be at 650 after today. Easily obtainable. Even got a 695 mythic ring, the only bad part about that ring is that it has STR mainstat
    =( Got it from a forgotten BMAH treasure box.

I'm not looking at raiding for now, I'm enjoying my time in dungeons being 20ilvls ahead of everyone I love it!
    You have 5 BoE ilvl 665 items which you bought from AH.. That must have set you back at least 300-400k gold. Wouldn't call that "easily obtainable" Unless you're swimming in gold that is

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Blizzard is a joke - druid can pull 30-40k dps with single Swipe ability, while my Blizzard makes 12k. Wtf is this? Cone of Cold hits like a weak noodle with 10 sec cd.

Frostbolt - this spell is a joke now. Frostbolt spam = 5k dps, and it happends sometimes if you are unlucky with procs.

To sum up: Frost mages need a buff to sustained dps and nerf to burst. Something like 50% buff to frostbolt, 50% buff to Blizzard (or maybe create new debuff - something like your Blizzard hits for 50% more while debuff from Cone of Cold is active) and 30% nerf to Frost Nova.
    Blizzard - while I do think its AoE damage is meh, the true power of it comes via the Improved Blizzard perk, pop orb and spam IL, into Blizzard which quickly resets orb, pop orb and spam IL.

Have you tried CoC with Glyph? I haven't yet because I use that slot for Welly Glyph.

A big part of the Frost Bolt issue is simply a lack of haste, we went from having 50% haste in SoO to having 6-8% haste at 630 iLvl. That is a huge adjustment. And since we have that low haste, we have fewer Frost Bolt casts, which you see in fewer FoF and BF procs.

We will probably just have to "suck it up" until gear has 25%+ haste on it.