Poll: Is 3 weeks too long?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is 3 weeks without raids too long a wait?

Is it? Personally I think it is, I'm completely geared and ready to start raiding, as is a large portion of my guild, yet the shit doesn't start for another ~9-10 days. Would it have been better if say, the gap had only been two weeks? I know that there was a shitload of server instability in the first few days, and that the three week gap helped accommodate that, but still, I've almost run out of things to do already and the expansions only just started!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I think it's fine, considering we have MC lfr to play around :P, the 21 day wait gives players a chance to catch up to others and explore this land before hitting their keyboard against brick walls.

Lots to entertain yourself for the first 2 and a half weeks. I wouldn't mind a shorter gap, but it doesn't bother me.

I really think 12 days was long enough post launch for raiding to start. That said launching a raid on Thanksgiving week is not ideal either.

What I can't wait for is the shitshow of people that should be in lfr trying to make norm raids because lfr opens a week later than norm. Undergeared, new to mechanics, no communication, it's gonna be a disaster.

Objectively, no. It's a great amount of time for everyone to level up at their own pace, explore and enjoy, etc.

Subjectively, I'm going a little nuts and can't wait for them to be out. MC was a joke and heroics got old almost a week ago. Right now I'm just farming mats to stock up on my consumables for raids. Beside that I'm probably going to finish farming for PVP gear, but without raids the game feel so empty to me haha.

Deleted
    yeah it doesnt exactly bother me - but i still voted yes (would prefer 1 week)

blizz put in quite alot to do in terms of gearing up for raids - BUT that gear will be exchanged quickly for equip from the raids (at least for heroic/mythic raiders that is)

I think its good. Some OCE players have only had one weekend so far due to that fact the first was a complete write off if you got stuck in queue. So if you have only had the weekday evenings since plus this weekend you might not be quite ready if they released this week. Although I can see the your ready and raring to go point if you have been off work/school and been able to play since launch. I would rather wait till the 2nd.

I'd rather they delay it after server issues and what not.

It should be longer, and more phased and even more atunements.

I think three weeks is just fine. A week after is too short, especially if you're 'encouraged' to level and gear 1-2 alts to be raid ready. Two weeks is a slight bit better. Three weeks not only gives enough time for that, but also to simply enjoy the game before getting down to grit. Stockpile mats a bit more for the gbank and personal use.

I like that it's not a rush to be raid ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrendel View Post
    I think three weeks is just fine. A week after is too short, especially if you're 'encouraged' to level and gear 1-2 alts to be raid ready. Two weeks is a slight bit better. Three weeks not only gives enough time for that, but also to simply enjoy the game before getting down to grit. Stockpile mats a bit more for the gbank and personal use.

I like that it's not a rush to be raid ready.
    Yeah, I'm not overly happy that I can't raid yet, but after finally sitting down and getting a list of the shit I need for consumables, it'll be nice to have another week to get all that stocked up without having to resort to the AH.

I think the long wait is due to when the game was released. If raiding was to happen this week I'd be very happy but to wait another whole week is too long.

Deleted
    if you think about it from a different angle, we're waiting for raids so long we'll basically be paying 13 euro to unlock them

Quote Originally Posted by sthings View Post
    if you think about it from a different angle, we're waiting for raids so long we'll basically be paying 13 euro to unlock them
    Sir, this is 'merica, we use 'merican money here. k thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they got it just right. It gives people an opportunity to enjoy the new content rather than feeling that you have to rush through it to gear up in time.

There's literally no good reason to rush the way you did, OP, because now you're out of things to do.
    You screwed up. Not Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 weeks is just about right to me. I'm already 636, nearly raid ready but I'm still doing a LOT of non-raiding stuff like Challenge Mode practice, alt leveling, and tweaking my Garrison in various ways like fishing for Nat Pagle.

oh no you couldnt no life in the basement for 3 whole weeks, the sun it burnssssss

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 weeks is long enough to give everyone time to catch up on levels and gear before raiding. If it was released in a week or 2 on launch then good like trying to find people to fill in those spots

Deleted
    Definately not "too long a wait".

It gives you enough time to both enjoy the leveling-experience as well as gearing yourself and maybe an alt.

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    There's literally no good reason to rush the way you did, OP, because now you're out of things to do.
    You screwed up. Not Blizzard.