Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love the tase him comments the most though. They always illustrate the people who legit have 0 clue with big neon red outlines.

The alleged racism and hate against america is also enjoyable. Feed me your tears you judgmental internationals.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    You know why ATMS don't release money because you withdraw your card first?
    People forget the card because they want the Money.

To make this mistake under stress is possible as a child. He knew he did something wrong and wante to preemtive comply with the Police.

They have to train cops how people are and not how they should be.
    So your saying the cop should have let him draw first. at which point (had it been real) you have a dead cop and a dead kid when the other cop shoots him dead.

How is that preferable. Its simple, do as you are told by the police. Especially if they have a fucking gun pointed at you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    So your saying the cop should have let him draw first. at which point (had it been real) you have a dead cop and a dead kid when the other cop shoots him dead.

How is that preferable. Its simple, do as you are told by the police. Especially if they have a fucking gun pointed at you
    It was very likely an error in communication so we should adress it because it's easyer then to ban guns.

The Boy didn't want to target the cop with the gun he wanted to drop it or give it up obviously.

So if they had said don't touch the gun lift your hands the boy might be still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    "He's reaching for the gun and could seriously injure someone in a matter of seconds. Let's talk to him!"

These threads are always hilarious. I'd never hire any of you to defend me.
    "He's reaching for the gun and could seriously injure someone in a matter of seconds. Let's seriously injure him (or kill) first!" Just as dumb as Iron Horde's "we'll never be slaves - we'll enslave everyone first", but I don't see people praising them for that.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Deleted
    It was very likely an error in communication so we should adress it because it's easyer then to ban guns.

The Boy didn't want to target the cop with the gun he wanted to drop it or give it up obviously.

So if they had said don't touch the gun lift your hands the boy might be still alive.
    You know this how. "Put you hands in the air" is a pretty clear communication. How that can be mistaken as "get the gun out your pants" i don't know.

Thankfully, there seems to be a bill going to be passed to make toy guns bright colours. This will help, untill the criminals start painting their guns bright too but its a step forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to reserve judgement until the video is released. Yep, there's a video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    "He's reaching for the gun and could seriously injure someone in a matter of seconds. Let's seriously injure him (or kill) first!" Just as dumb as Iron Horde's "we'll never be slaves - we'll enslave everyone first", but I don't see people praising them for that.
    1 dead person is better than 2 dead people.. or even more if its worse.

"Hands up" means "put your hands up," not "take the weapon out, drop it, and then put your hands up." The cops had no way of knowing if the kid wanted to drop the weapon, or to try and drop them; they had to make a quick decision and pray they chose correctly.

Fault here lies with the kid for not complying with the officers and with his parents for not teaching him to obey the police.

When I was a kid, my parents made it very clear to me that I was to always obey my teachers in school and to obey the police if they ever asked/told me something. That doesn't appear to be something that happens anymore, though.
    Last edited by Osoroshii; 2014-11-24 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I've read this probably 7 times and I have no idea what you're trying to say.
    Is that because you're conditioned to obey and never question?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm going to reserve judgement until the video is released. Yep, there's a video.
    Indeed there is.

The police department has collected surveillance video and other evidence and will present it to the county prosecutor's office
    and probably shit tons of cctv in the area. Will be pretty easy to see if the kid did something as dumb as reaching for the gun or not

Deleted
    appararently even kids own guns in the US, so you can not blame the police to take it serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    "Hands up" means "put your hands up," not "take the weapon out, drop it, and then put your hands up." The cops had no way of knowing if the kid wanted to drop the weapon, or to try and drop them; they had to make a quick decision and pray they chose correctly.

Fault here lies with the kid for not complying with the officers and with his parents for not teaching him to obey the police.

When I was a kid, my parents made it very clear to me that I was to always obey my teachers in school and to obey the police if they ever asked/told me something That doesn't appear to be something that happens anymore, though.
    Because ppl have this "fuck the police" mentality.

How does the cop know that? How does he know all these things instantly? Like how old the kid is what his motives are etc? He responded to a person with a gun call and then was confronted with someone who didn't put his hands up but instead drew his weapon.

Many people here will know that I am very hard on the police. I hold them to a higher standard and I have absolutely no problem lambasting them whenever they fail to meet it.

This case? I'm sorry the kid got shot, but based on the image on that article there is absolutely no way for the police to have distinguished that from a real weapon -- not to mention that he should not be reaching for a weapon to begin with, real or not. I'm not blaming the kid, exactly. I don't know why he did what he did, but I recognize that he's a twelve year old and they don't always make the greatest decisions. But I can't bring myself to be angry at the police in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How does the cop know that? How does he know all these things instantly? Like how old the kid is what his motives are etc? He responded to a person with a gun call and then was confronted with someone who didn't put his hands up but instead drew his weapon.
    In their world there is a peaceful sane outcome for everything (you know.. the kid was acting sane right, waving a gun around on a playground and then failing to follow the orders of the police who pulled up with flashing lights and guns drawn yelling at him to put his hands up... so yea.. reaching for my toy gun would be the sane thing to do??). the reason cops have rules and standards is because 9 out 10 times can come out exactly as they described.. but the 10th one would result in a dead officer or hurt/dead citizen because the cop didn't follow those rules.

Its a no win situation for the cop. they simply cant get past the part of it being a kid.

I really can't blame the cops here, they can't just expect the kid to have a fake gun and let him pull it on them... People should really think about the danger the policemen are in before crying out "overreaction". I don't see why a 12-year old should have an airsoft gun either, granted that I'm not from the US so... different culures I guess. Aside from that, the orange safety band had been removed, so there was no way for the cops to know if it was real or fake (unless they'd get a closer look). It's pretty dumb on the kids side to pull the gun when an armed officer just asked you to put your hands in the air aswell.

All in all I think it's just an unfortunate accident but if we're gonna blame someone here, it shouldn't be the cops.

Deleted
    I do not think you can blame this one on the cops. They told him to raise his hands, and instedt he reached for the gun. It had all Indicators removed. If you look at the pictures that looks pretty damn "normal" added with then at a distance. He was 12, he knew what it meant with armed police officeres aiming at you, telling you to raise your hands.

Unless the video (when it gets released) proves otherwise, I see nothing more than standard police procedure. The person carrying the "gun" being a 12 year old boy has nothing to do with the case at hand. It could've been any sex/race/age and it still wouldn't matter. If you are believed to be carrying a weapon capable of lethal force, and you are told to put your hands up, but you instead reach for this weapon, you should expect to be shot and probably killed. Country doesn't matter either, every country has criminals, some of which indeed can and do carry weapons such as firearms.

As for gun control: People love saying this is why their country is so "safe" or why they don't see news of this nature. Untrue. If a criminal wants a gun, he's going to get a gun, laws matter none. The real reason you don't see news like this in your country is because your country has uneducated and piss poor criminals, and don't commit crimes worthy of news, or your media chooses not to report it. If you believe for a single moment there are no guns in your country, no matter where you live, you have much to learn. Heaven forbid a real criminal steps foot in your country if your police are that poorly trained.

dont pull guns on cops. fake or not.

no sympathy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Must be hard for US Cops to ask a 12 Year old if its a Real Gun or not. You know talking something you do with your Mouth O_O

probably was black....
    Yeah like they could just trust anyone's answer. Would you ask that to a grown adult? Cop: "excuse me sir, is that a real a gun?" "Guy with gun: "uuuhh...no, why would it? I'm just playing pretend, yeah, nothing to see here, move along" Cop: "oh ok sorry to confront you then, good day!" then later on the news "man with gun murders 10 while cop does nothing, claims the suspect told him it was a fake gun". :But he's just a kid why would he lie?" yeah a 12 year old kid. This isn't some 5 year old kid we're talking about here. This kid is old enough to handle a gun and kill somebody with it. There's no reason to take it so lightly.

And yes lets just assume things happen today because of racial reasons. Always about being white or black anymore, no other possible reasons. "Oh a white cop killed a black kid? That's cop's a racist pig! Fuck da police! End white supremacy!". Please, just stop.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-11-24 at 08:30 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe