Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Level3 profession buildings: what is the point?

Maybe I missed something, but what are the benefits of having a level 3 profession building, other than being able to submit 21 work orders as opposed to 14 for a level 2 building?

10+ Year Old Account
    That seems to be it. Would be nice if it decreased workorder wait times or increased the amount of materials you gain, but nope.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I think lvl 3 bs/lw/tailoring gives you acess to epic armor recipies. Not sure about that though.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

If you don't have the profession of the building it allows you to craft more items than level 2 would.

Ah alright, thanks
    And if I have that profession, only more work orders?

15+ Year Old Account
    more work orders and ofc achievements points when you get them all to lvl3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not having any problems keeping seven work orders going for tailoring at present. I think I probably would with 14 and certainly would with 21. If you play casually though I'm not sure it's worth the time to farm mats to keep things busy perpetually since that might be all you end up doing. As an enchanter, I have yet to see any great point to having the profession building. I don't get enough dust to do much of anything there and even with the rules changed I haven't seen a great deal more (yet).

I believe that Blizzard had a plan for professions but the synergy business of how professions work together may not have been completely thought through. It's all sort of blah for me at the moment. 100 Hexcloth to make anything and random hours of farming the countryside for furs which drop frequently but not reliably is not a happy experience so far.

I realize it's early so I'm holding back a little on the disappointment. The temptation is growing to just buy 300 HexCloth and the necessary mats and make the three 640 pieces I need and then go back to just letting things build gradually. I don't think the system is supposed to work that way though.

Anyway, that leads me back to the topic of whether or not there's a point to level 3 profession buildings. I'm not so sure there is unless it's different professions from the two I normally have. That's what I'm seriously considering now. If you're personally in a place where you can keep 21 workorders running and make something from the result, well then, yeah. Of course. I'm simply not where I can see that happening right now myself.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-11-27 at 08:11 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Profession items are BoP, so it can't work that way unless you buy the item off someone else.

Work orders, higher numbers basically allows you to forget about the building for longer. 7 work orders will complete in 1 day 4 hours, 14 will take 2 days 8 hours, 21 will take 3 days 12 hours, so keeping it flowing is easy enough.

If you struggle getting enough cloth, try barn work orders.

For me it makes sense having a lvl 3 barun and tailoring emporium. I have the tailoring profession so the I only need to trap 21 wolved or talbuks and then farm 20 fur for the daily CD. I just got my stables to lvl 3 so once I get the last achievement I have no need for it. I'll swap it out for something else. Some buildings gave a reason for keeping at lvl 3 and some dont.

A) If you don't have the profession it opens access to the epics crafted by that profession (Pretty much the main reason why you would want to upgrade to level 3)

B) If you have that profession not much, just have to visit less (good if you can't get on for a few days)

It doesn't do much for anyone with the professions, no (I find that the 21 work orders and especially the Storehouse are useless if you log on every day, or even every 3). HOWEVER, it is quite useful if it is a building you don't have trained. Take the Enchanting Study as the prime example. There is no better third building for anyone to take imo if you don't already have this profession. It gives you access to not only the DE ability, but also gives you every single enchant you will need in this expansion EXCEPT the high-end weapon enchants. And even then, you get the basic, baseline damage one. And you still get the ability to produce shards to have a guild member make one for you. It's far better than the non-profession Alchemy Lab or Gem Botique in this regard.
    Last edited by Electryon; 2014-11-28 at 01:06 AM.

it makes sense later in the expansion when you dont want to be bothered with work orders too often. have 21 up and visit the houses less often except when you need them for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemos View Post
    If you don't have the profession of the building it allows you to craft more items than level 2 would.
    This + 7 more work orders. There really is hardly a point in upgrading if you have the profession, unfortunately. IMO, it should allow you for a chance to obtain another extra crafting item per order if you have the profession, then it would be worth it.

What I have been trying to figure out in why anyone would want the Storehouse. Ashran is on a 15 minute hearthstone cooldown (for most people). The need to have transmog and bank access in your Garrison almost seems lazy. The 15 added work orders serves absolutely no purpose to anyone who plays more than once a week. It seems like the perks the Storehouse gives are only applicable to a.) people who want everything in one spot or b.) people who log into the game once or twice a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish stables level 3 could have been 1st. I would love to have that speed running around leveling or better yet make it account wide.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Profession items are BoP, so it can't work that way unless you buy the item off someone else.
    Tell Blingtron 5000 that, he gave my shaman 2 of the BoP cloths...I can't do anything with that as an enchanter/alchemist.

Personally I'm having a hard time using all my ores for work orders, but I have 3 level 2 mines now rolling out the ores for me, about to have level 3 mines tomorrow, so it will only spiral from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    I wish stables level 3 could have been 1st. I would love to have that speed running around leveling or better yet make it account wide.
    I hear the 20% buff doesn't stack. As a Paladin here i'm kind of bummed and my only other option is a barracks or wayshrine.. both of which seem useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm not having any problems keeping seven work orders going for tailoring at present. I think I probably would with 14 and certainly would with 21.
    It's still consuming the same number of work orders per day, so why wouldn't you be able to keep it running? If you want, you can just put in 7 even though 21 is the max. Having 21 in there just gives you the flexibility to not log into the game for a longer period of time. That's all it does. Level 3 building doesn't take any more resources to keep it going than a level 1. I guess if you wanted you could put in all 21 at a time and have your resources tied up in work orders rather than in your bags, but unless you're planning to log out for a few days there's no purpose to filling them up.

As far as the ordinary profession buildings go there really is no point unless you desperately want the longer queue.

I feel like there should be SOME kind of a bonus beyond that, but, whatever.

Deleted
    Nothing if you have the profession, which is a bit of a kicker since you'd think having it would provide SOME synergy.

Would be nice if they did something, made crafted items more likely be warforged / socketed, higher work order yield or something.