Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best way to level from 82-90

Hey

Whats the best way to level from 82 to 90 and how long would it take?

Deleted
    Just quest. I think they decreased the amount of XP from 85 to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually did this a couple of week ago, I did mostly quests and the odd random dungeon. It took me 2 days from 82-90 I did have double exp the full duration though.

LFD with rested bonuses. Faster than even questing. It may get monotonous, though, but it is quite definitively the fastest way.

If you know any high level willing to run you through Grim Batol at full rested you'll go from 83-85 in just 3 runs. Only shortcut I know.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Acquire XP through whichever mechanism best appeals to you.

Deleted
    Thanks /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    $60.00 is the best way to level to 90 and it only takes a couple minutes. If I was 88 or 89 I would just grind it out. However 82 is a long way from 90.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    However 82 is a long way from 90.
    It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to be 85 to go to Pandaria. You can go to Outland at 58, Northrend at 68, and certain Cata content whenever you want to since you can just fly there.

Having said that, level 80 dailies give about as much EXP as initial Jade Forest quests. I just do Argent Dailies on my alts to get them to 83 (then Grim Batol runs). The quests are fast and easy and I get the benefit of champion seals too.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    If you know any high level willing to run you through Grim Batol at full rested you'll go from 83-85 in just 3 runs. Only shortcut I know.
    Why Grim Batol over Stonecore? More mobs? You can port people to Stonecore at 80 I note.

Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    I actually did this a couple of week ago, I did mostly quests and the odd random dungeon. It took me 2 days from 82-90 I did have double exp the full duration though.
    How? rested xp only lasts 1.5 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    How? rested xp only lasts 1.5 levels.
    Quests and xp for bonus objectives in dungeon are not affected by rested status. You only get bonus exp (and consume it) from mob kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Why Grim Batol over Stonecore? More mobs? You can port people to Stonecore at 80 I note.
    Yeah, basically. GM has a ridiculous amount of trash (if you don't bomb them). I 'ground' out Ramkahen to exalted in there in just a few runs too. (I don't think you get rep from Cata tabards in SC?)

It all depends on how you're doing it. Generally, if someone else is running you through it's a favor/inconvenience that they're getting little to nothing out of, at least with GM you can say it'll only take 3 runs and you'll probably get exalted with someone. :P

Wow. I have never known about that.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, basically. GM has a ridiculous amount of trash (if you don't bomb them). I 'ground' out Ramkahen to exalted in there in just a few runs too. (I don't think you get rep from Cata tabards in SC?)

It all depends on how you're doing it. Generally, if someone else is running you through it's a favor/inconvenience that they're getting little to nothing out of, at least with GM you can say it'll only take 3 runs and you'll probably get exalted with someone. :P
    Tried this on the weekend, works perfectly! Nice! First time we bombed the mobs it reduced the XP a lot, second run we didn't, just vaped them, and holy shit, that's a great way to skip two potentially very dull levels.

I did 80-90 this weekend, no rested. Way I went was:

80-82 Cata Dungeon LFD. Could have gone whole way like this but the early Cata dungeons got severely messed up by the stat squish, with some stuff too easy, and some stuff into literally one-shots (when it shouldn't be - i.e. 70k hit when tanks have 30k health), plus they're super-boring.

82-83 Quests in Hyjal. Went v.quickly.

83-85 Very quick Grim Batol runs as described (chasing Ele Shammy, barely had time to loot!)

85-89 Questing + LFD in Pandaria.

89-90 Pulling big packs in Timeless Isle (ran out there on DK waterwalking). Took just under two hours (questing + LFD maaaaaaybe faster but it's a bit of a toss-up).

I discovered most of the daily quests in Icecrown give 12-18k EXP each, which has become a great way to level my alts so that they skip Cata content completely. I've gone from 81 to 84 in just a few days. They're all so quick and easy. There's the tournament, a bunch off the skyship, the Ebon Hold ones, and the ones from the outpost just before the Scarlet Onslaught island if you care to go that far.

The tournament suffers an EXP loss at 84 though, I noticed, only giving ~9k EXP now, but all the other ones are still giving 12-18k.

Course, this is on a character that unlocked all that, probably not so great for those who never completed Icecrown. :P

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to be 85 to go to Pandaria. You can go to Outland at 58, Northrend at 68, and certain Cata content whenever you want to since you can just fly there.

Having said that, level 80 dailies give about as much EXP as initial Jade Forest quests. I just do Argent Dailies on my alts to get them to 83 (then Grim Batol runs). The quests are fast and easy and I get the benefit of champion seals too.
    You can't get any Cata quest until 80. That was a running theme in chat channels at launch since during beta you could go at 78 but was changed after the mob level, HP and damage got buffed. People kept asking/saying you could go at 78.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Take the 82 to the Verlock Stand in Deepholme... have him drink the 300% exp pot.

A 90 in party grinds the ever spawning trolls for less than an hour for 85..

Do Jade Forest and dungeons first time until 87... then Kun'Lai Summit and dungeons until about 88.5... then do a few quests in Towelong to reach 2 bars from 89.

Stop and go get all the treasures and ding 90. (Best oif a friend has a flying mount for 2) 30 mins and you ding 90.

5 hours 82-90 tops.

i would quest it out then kill the silkworms on timeless isle for mad exp

LFD sure beats spending 2 hours trying to organize a group for Blackfathom Deeps back in 2005.