Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is WoW worth coming back to?

I've played since BC and I only played off and on during cata and MoP. I played a little of WOD, but couldn't find a class I liked so I left again. I think the reason I've not had as much fun is the lack of friends who still play. I don't have tons of time to raid like I used to so my question is: Does the current content have enough for someone to play casually? What are some of the fun aspects you enjoy? Would you recommend coming back? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    And here we come to the entire crux of the matter. Millions of people also listen to Justin Bieber, doesn't mean it's good music.

In short.... NO.
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

Do you like facebook games, taking selfies and the occasional raid? Then WoD is the expansion for you.

level 90-100 if your into story..sure if not well..no, also can i just say.. i'm tired of people whining about the fact that blizzard added a toy into the game, to take pictures with.

But yes, if your into story leveling once to level 100 is about as much good atm, outside of raiding you will get, then again you might find something fancies your needs etc. there are some stupid shit going on atm, but honestly it's personal preference.
    Last edited by Kharli; 2015-05-27 at 06:47 AM.

Bad timing for this question lol, people are REALLY sour atm about the announcement of no more flying. I personally don't care either way, so I think it comes down to what you find enjoyable in the game. You should have no problem playing casually, but you oughta consider resubbing when patch 6.2 hits so there's a resurgence of players and more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is good. It's a little short but it's some of the best leveling ever.
    Raids are good. Very good for some.
    Dungeons are nice but irrelevant after a few times through.
    Garrisons are fun at first but don't have sustainable interest.
    PVP is still a problem. Their big PVP zone didn't work out well.
    Zone environments are nice.
    Music is great.

The general impression is there's not much to do after you get to 100 except for raiding.

And don't expect to do any flying.

That's about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I would say there is no content coming back to. Ok, if you like raiding and have time for that (have guild, since pugs are getting worse and less of them imho), than its worth it. Nothing really worthy to do outside your garrison. Without flying everything takes too much time for your effort (pet battles (which are bad in this expansion), archeology, professions, pvp,.. Etc).
    I got one extra month of gametime after my brake (guild disbanded in beginning of WoD) and after coming back I doubt I will get more months of gametime - you can already feel that LOT of ppl left and canceled their subscriptions.. and lot of ppl just sits in garrisons and/or just logs in for guild raids.

TLDR: not worth it

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I turned my account on four days ago after a 7 month break and I'm already bored with it. Garrisons are lamer than I thought they would be. I hate the changes to professions they made and to be honest already cancelled my account. I will say I have enjoyed the 5 mans so far they are fairly fun. I Will continue to gear up over the remaining time I have and if I lan on staying I will just pay the 22k gold.

wow not worth to coming back now.

Deleted
    Depends on whether or not you got something else to play. If the answer is Yes, then no.

Game is a shadow of what it used to be and its main feature is a gimmick.
    Unless of course you like major patches adding garbage like selfiecams, then it might be right up your alley!

I still somewhat enjoy lvling alts, making transmog sets and raid. Its mostly guildies that keep me playing.

Wait until what is announced at Blizzcon this year and then decide, imo.

You'll probably enjoy WoD for maybe 2-3 weeks. A month at the most. Then you'll be asking yourself "What do I do now?"

The question is whether you like facebook games or not.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Levelling your first character to 100 is rather good fun. After that, the experience drops dramatically. Unless you want to dedicate time to raiding, there really isn't much to do. PvP isn't in a great spot at the moment, professions have been gutted and Garrisons, whilst potentially a great idea, have backfired terribly.

Wait and see what the next expansion is would be my advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you like - if you like raiding then definitely... if you care about lore/story then yes (it's actually amazing seeing Draenor how it was before)... if you are more solo person, then probably no...

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather little that feels worth doing and they are once again making the mistake of invalidating 6.0/6.1 content once 6.2 hits (in the name of catch-up which is inherently a must, but always taken too far) making the game not feel much bigger at all.

I've found the raids to be fun, though.

only if you like to inflict self pain

Deleted
    Only finding the game fun again because I discovered the power and fun of prot warrior pvp, so now I have a new alt to gear. If Nooblinka nerfs prot warrior pvp, I'm out too.