Poll: Worst Xpac

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 59
... LastLast

The Worst Xpac Ever Made

Which xpac do you think was truly the worst, not to bash or anything but im curious to what people have to say now.

My votes on Cata, but only because WoD isn't finished yet (well, I'm speaking theoretically, from everything I've heard, this will really be the last major content patch.... so I'm giving them a chance to prove that wrong).

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata never did it for me. Disliked leveling in that xpac with a burning passion. All the leveling zone was spread out all over the place instead of being on 1 continent.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata gave us Transmog, so it's better than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    My votes on Cata, but only because WoD isn't finished yet (well, I'm speaking theoretically, from everything I've heard, this will really be the last major content patch.... so I'm giving them a chance to prove that wrong).
    IMO, WoD was done, and I do mean FINISHED, today after the servers came back up. Done as in, tarred/feathered/whipped/castrated/punchedinface/swirlee/wedgie.

It's that bad.

wod > cata > wotlk = mop > BC for the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, really.

Why do I say this? Because even if I didn't always like the storyline or specific features, each one has improved something or given me something I've enjoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will never in a thousand years be a poll where a past expansion is picked over a current one that is half way through. All you're doing is giving people who hate the expansion a reason to jump into the thread and choose WoD. No one else is going to care enough. During the launch, WoD was always on top of the best lists. Now people are bored with the game and have circle-jerked each other into a frenzy on the forums that has spilled over to videos and everywhere else and now nothing is going to be good enough for them until the next expansion...where the cycle will start all over again.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

How anyone could put Cata above WoD for worst expansion is beyond me. I only have two problems with Cataclysm; Dragon Soul, and heroic difficulty at launch. I could crate a laundry list of things wrong with WoD. Firelands alone is better than any of the end game content in WoD. And Blizzard managed to redo 1-60 (whether it was good or not) while giving us huge high level zones, new dungeons, and questing with a purpose.
    Last edited by merex760; 2015-06-24 at 02:33 AM.

Cata was light years ahead of WoD. This is by far the worst expanion in WoW without a doubt; it's laughable and the devs know it.

You're insane if you think otherwise! Cata at least brought some major mechanics to the game that are still used today.

Garrisons - lol worst idea in wow period
    Trashran - lol Holinka, what a clown
    hideous uneventful looking gear, seriously the vanilla stuff looks so much better
    No flying
    Ugly world - This is what makes that entire "no flying" holdout such a slap in the face, they wanted us to explore the new world but it's very plain and boring. Nothing really exciting other than the alliance starting zone...again the WoD world should be top notch but it's not even as nice as vanilla and light years behind WoTLK
    Boring raid - Did it once, no desire to ever do it again
    Arena has become the red headed stepchild...seriously this long and still season 1? They don't give a fuck anymore
    Battlegrounds - Meh, whats the point? People get gear in trashran these days. Not even 1 new BG.

Can't think of one single positive thing in WoD? Not a single one! We would have been better off with just a simple new raid added on to MoP!

As someone who hates weeaboos and wants to see them all sent to a concentration camp and tortured, I will say that MoP was actually WAY better than WoD and that's saying alot coming from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still Cataclysm.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I voted wrath but that isn't entirely accurate. Wrath up to ulduar was great, the Argent Tournament however is where i pinpoint the beginning of the decline of WoW. So while it might not be the worst xpac because it started well imo, but it certainly had by far the worst content patch.

Too much comic relief in Ulduar and ICC for me to appreciate Wrath. Death of Arthas, unnecessary. There must always be a Lich King, yeah right. Huge disappointment.

WoTLK was the glory days of WoW; as someone who started day 1 vanilla...nothing can compare to that amazing expansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still cataclysm with me, the people yelling WoD ..I don't even...I was there for the entirety of cataclysm. There was nothing for me once I was done leveling outside of raids. It was so...fucking dull at end game. The 'expansion' was portaling you around, nuked thralls character, failed to portray deathwing as a credible threat, withheld content JUST AS MUCH as WoD (unfinished alliance twilight highlands, the underwater raid)

Dragon Soul (I will never forgive)

At least the WoD raids have kept me interested.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

oh look, another thread that will devolve into complaining about content that is 6 hours old.

The worst is cata, but if you ask the forum its "the era i live in now!" Back in BC it was all about how vanilla was so much better, and BC was trash. A year ago you would think that pandas were the worst thing that happened to mankind in all of human history. Today, it is garrisons requiring level 3 to make a shipyard.

Wrath > TBC = MoP > Cata > Wod

I've only taken major breaks in cata and wod. So far wod is worse than cata but it's not over yet. I really hate wod though.

I was really excited about wod because the 90-100 experience was great on the beta, and I had hope for pvp because of the fabled tuning pass. It was also the only expansion I was able to play on release.

Maybe I'm not remembering expansions "correctly" or whatever but I really dislike how wod has turned out.

WoD. Horrible story line. Alternate universe, really? Rehashed zones/bosses/lore characters. Hardly any content and what there is terribly bad.

This expansion proved to me that the current devs can't even do their job properly anymore even if they tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD, bad from the very minute it launched. Doomed from the start really..