Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Hell, the police might not even arrest you.

Fun story, back in 2009 after my second deployment, me and a few friends went to see Rodney Carrington in Topeka.

We had some drinks, and while not drunk, we were certainly buzzed.

While walking to the event, we ran into some WBC protesters that has signs up saying " thank God for dead soldiers" "thank God for dead cops" "all fags must die" and other similar disgusting things.

One of my buddies got into a confrontation with a adult male protestor, and ended up tearing up his sign.

We ran down the block and into the convention center.

After about 15 minutes there were a few cops obviously looking for someone. My friend sucked up his pride and told one of the cops " I think you're looking for me, I'm the one that tore up the sign"

The cop looked him in the eye and said " good thing we didn't find you huh?"

Not saying it was right, or my friend was justified, but if you piss on law enforcement enough, they turn a blind eye to things that may happen to you from aggrieved parties.

Sorry for grammar and syntax, I'm on a phone and been drinking.
    Love that cop response

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Certainly, it is a normal attitude for people who work actively to seeing the world in a much darker place than it is currently.
    The opposite, actually: people who would love to see the world a better place.

According to them.
    For instance, the plan that the muslim terrorist country is good, according to them.

And dark, according to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Many protesters do already. Many also see this as a social issues- they mean to disrupt the normative social paradigm they currently live under.

This is just an opinion. One that not every one will share or is necessarily obligated to agree with- obviously the protests in the OP video do not consider paramedics sacrosanct.
    Okay, people can have the opinion that the sky is neon pink. My point remains you don't mess around with people who go around saving lives, just like you don't cut the hoses of firemen because they are putting out the fire at someones house you don't like, people who do either of these deserve to go to jail for reckless behavior and possible endangering the lives of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Got any proof that Bernie supports blocking ambulances?
    Bernie is trying to appease the group lol. Has he criticized anyone doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    The people going to Trump rallies to protest are doing just that. To protest. They aren't going there to get in fights. They are severely outnumbered when they go into these rallies. You're minimizing the people that attack anti trump protesters because people don't protest Bernie Sanders rallies?

I think you don't see people going to Bernie rallies protesting because Trump supporters need the safety and comfort of large numbers of like minded people around them. They don't have the guts to go without a large crowd to support them and give them the confidence they need.
    really on at least two of the video I seen the protesters were activity trying to antagonizing people inside (guy who got punched) or the guy jumped a barrier and tried to rush the stage. (seems more than simple protesting) and if it was just about large groups there seems to be a lot at the Trump rally, would not seem it would be hard to get a large group to gang up at a Bernie or Hilary convention if they really wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    People block ambulances all day long with their cars. But you want to make a big deal because it's a group you don't support.
    Uh....no. Normal people don't. Most people GTFO of the way when they see an ambulance coming with sirens blaring. Even when I've been in Atlanta traffic on crowded roads, most people will edge over to the left or right and give the ambulance enough room to go through the middle (either that, or the ambulance driver uses a PA thing to instruct people on what to do in crowded traffic). I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal to not get out of the way if you can, at least in my state.

Either way, it doesn't matter what group they are. These people should be in jail if they're intentionally blocking an ambulance.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-03-14 at 12:33 PM.

Despicable. I also heard all Americans are rednecks who sleep with their siblings and carry their rifles at all times (even in the bath!).

/s - generalizations are bad
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Intent matters.

I don't know how you can even compare the two unless you're being intentionally obtuse.

Could say the same about your Bernie comment.

People block ambulances all day long with their cars. But you want to make a big deal because it's a group you don't support.
    Personally I think, anyone who does such should get their drivers licence revoked.
    (But then, most countries aren't as concerned about making room for emergency vehicles as the German speaking ones, so I might be biased due to the time I spent there.)

I'm still astonished that this concept here isn't more widely known: Rettungsgasse (unfortunately even on wikipedia there is only a German and a French version of this, not even a translation into English, but the pictures should still give an impression what it is about).
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-03-14 at 12:43 PM.

an anti-white movement is given credence by leftists
    i'd be shocked if it didn't happen

the only thing that will make them happy is if they are allowed to destroy a country that others built.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And it is illegal to do so on purpose.

not in my area, never seen it happened, not saying it doesn't but it is against the law. For you to think its no big deal, makes me rather sick to my stomach. You people have no empathy

I don't care who you back politically, anyone who purposely blocks emergency vehicles are scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We're talking about labeling it an attempted murder charge...
    It is more negligent manslaughter than murder, but yes, the prosecution and punishment should definitively be harsher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is just as illegal to do so due to neglect.

Has there been anymore news on this or is the 30 second video all we got?

Has there been anymore news on this or is the 30 second video all we got?
    Is there some context that would make you think this was ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Shoulda driven over them.
    Agreed.

I wonder if they would block the ambulances that responded to that.

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Is there some context that would make you think this was ok?
    The fact that it doesn't appear to be moving even after the police start making the protesters back away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They'll outright just plow into your car and knock it out of the way if they feel its appropriate.

The fact that it doesn't appear to be moving even after the police start making the protesters back away.
    So you expected them to run over the police but not the angry mob blocking them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    So you expected them to run over the police but not the angry mob blocking them...
    Um, no, I expected them to slowly follow the police.