Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    lol blizzard getting desperate for players now.. PASS
    You realize they wouldn't have to shell any money if they were just after the card back yeah? Unless the game interested them at that point which tbh 1-20 is meh.

Hearthstone is such an amazing game from Blizzard, money wise.

No fancy animations, 3D models or whatever, just cards which require lesser work compared to 3D models, world building etc. etc.

Sell 40 packs for 49.99. If a player isn't good enough to grind a decent deck in 1-2months of playing, they buy packs, and judging from the stories from google, people have spent thousands on those packs.

If I stop playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, i'm $40+ out of pocket. If I were one those dudes spending hundreds or thousands on packs and stop playing Hearthstone, I just spent thousands on digital cards.

Cards that I can't trade or sell. Like... if someone stops Magic The Gathering, at least they can sell their collection for some money back.

Blizzard really hit the home run with this game, gotta hand it to them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davlin View Post
    Entitlement.. lol. Just a trite term overused by simpleminded yes-men. Awarding this achievement retroactively would show appreciation for their current customers who have remained despite the lack of content and questionable development choices (now and ongoing). Highlighting that Blizzard is more interested in a revolving door for a community isn't "entitlement". Grow up.
    Complaining that a company is giving something to people in a DIFFERENT GAME to encourage them to try one of their others is Entitlement.

Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    Players should refrain from reopening their accounts in order to obtain these items.
    You can do it on a starter account without re-subbing. Try again buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    lol blizzard getting desperate for players now.. PASS
    Please do pass, Wow is better without people such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AliStarzza View Post
    Tbh you can reach level 20 in a WoW starter account so you dont even have to purchase World of Warcraft to achieve level 20
    Good on them for trying to get people into WOW but it does feel a little bit desperate from Blizzard.

Can confirm, I had another toon close to 20. I hit 20 in Wailing Caverns on my first and no achievement, just hit 20 on the other questing and I got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Are they really asking people with massive amounts of 100's already to level an alt to 20? LOL
    Because it takes oh so much time to level to 20. I did it in about 45 minutes, maybe an hour, didn't really check when I started.

Yep I still hate hearthstone...

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Because it takes oh so much time to level to 20. I did it in about 45 minutes, maybe an hour, didn't really check when I started.
    it doesnt matter how long it takes - its a spit in the face to those who have high lv toons and artificial way to make low lv zones look alive so new players have fake image of how many players play this game nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Any chance of a official wallpaper of Liadrin?
    Second for that wallpaper!

Btw. If i good understand. I can able to get free Liadrin, by getting 20 LVL even on trial? Well worth install for once WoW now.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    So apparently Blizzard is now promoting WoW by baking in a reward for another game that requires getting to level 20 in WoW, presumably to try and hook people into WoW...

By having the carrot be in another game entirely, as a reward for playing WoW...

When WoW used to be the big name, crowd drawing, primo property of Blizzard.

I know Hearthstone is heavily influenced by WoW, and is Warcraft, and level 20 isn't hard, and Hearthstone is wildly successful, but that still strikes me as sort of pathetic.
    Please just stop with the stupid "Oh this is new and shocking" bullshit. This is common practice, and it's just common sense for any business ever to run promotions to increase their customer base.

Deleted
    In the time it's taken for people to complain about this you'd of levelled to 20 already, lol.

But yeh, crying on a forum is clearly a more productive way of spending your time.

can confirm -- dont have to start from level 1...

if you have a toon below level 20 and make it to 20 you still get the achievement...

i started at 16

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if they do i'm going to waste some GM time and ask where i can fill in complaints.
    There's worse things than that. It's part of the game. You're free to not do it, if you do, you get to collect a thing more, if you don't, well you won't...maybe try enjoying a leveling to level 20 like your first moments, the first zones are usually great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    There's worse things than that. It's part of the game. You're free to not do it, if you do, you get to collect a thing more, if you don't, well you won't...maybe try enjoying a leveling to level 20 like your first moments, the first zones are usually great.
    they have way less appeal if you already did it over 50 times during last 10 years trust me.

you dont need a sub to get to 20 so need to reopen accounts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Honestly? This kind of cross-brand marketing is genius. There are people out there that play Hearthstone that never played WoW, and this is aimed at getting them a taste of what it's like.
    Now, if the starter accounts only were able to actually communicate with other players....

Deleted
    Interesting promo. I can see that someone brand new to wow would be hooked by the time they hit 20.

If anything, maybe the Hearthstone player base will decrease for a while

Deleted
    Always handy if you have a lvl 19 char standing around somewhere with only 10% xp left till 20.

desperately sad to see but expected. And they are just starting on this journey. Get ready to puke every 2 months with these sort of promos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Good on them for trying to get people into WOW but it does feel a little bit desperate from Blizzard.
    Did it Hearthstone feel desperate for players when they added the Hearthsteed in WoW as a promotion for playing Hearthstone?
    Same for HotS <- WoW with the wolf mount.
    Same for HotS, WoW, Hearthstone & Diablo <- Starcraft with special edition including additional stuff on all those games.
    Same for Legion special edition giving stuff on all other Blizz games.
    Same for a few others I imagine.

You call it desperate, I call it marketing - And they're pretty good at that =P

Even if it was exclusive to WoW, nothing unusual about trying whatever you can to bring new players to a 10+ year old game with a big upfront and possibly long-term investment. Especially one such as WoW that has a lot of stigma and prejudice going around. Especially with it being a promotion across 2 games set in the same universe/franchise, and with the promotion going both ways =P (Hearthsteed in for WoW; Liadrin for Hearthstone)

But hey if you people get a kick out of the thought of a company being desperate / a game dying, good for you all I suppose =P Who am I to judge.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-03-15 at 10:27 AM.