Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    This is why republicans have been marginalized, this rhetoric right here. This isn't the Cold War, there are no Soviets, no Nazi's, no one is advocating ISIS support, and yet many republicans continue to use wartime rhetoric. Not towards nations, nor spies, nor terrorists. Not toward radical political groups or ideologies that seek to restructure the world (those would all be obvious). No, you use this rhetoric towards average people that do no more than recognize a common humanity in people that seek to do no more than improve the lives of their families.
    Controlling both chambers of congress is being marginalized?

- - - Updated - - -

This is why republicans have been marginalized, this rhetoric right here. This isn't the Cold War, there are no Soviets, no Nazi's, no one is advocating ISIS support, and yet many republicans continue to use wartime rhetoric. Not towards nations, nor spies, nor terrorists. Not toward radical political groups or ideologies that seek to restructure the world (those would all be obvious). No, you use this rhetoric towards average people that do no more than recognize a common humanity in people that seek to do no more than improve the lives of their families.
    Why does no other European nation full of 99% far left people by US standards have open borders?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Controlling both chambers of congress is being marginalized?

- - - Updated - - -

Why does no other European nation full of 99% far left people by US standards have open borders?

Marginalized as in they do not hold the popular opinion or sympathy of the public. That doesn't mean they won't get seats, it is pretty common knowledge that democrat voters are horrible at turning out to anything but presidential elections, but if they did you'd find a lot more blue states.

And you can argue for not having open borders, because there is a logical and rational reason for it, without attacking the other side and labeling them as a "traitor." That just turns people off and turns them away.

I'm surprised Bernie didn't drop. Clinton should be in jail. Rubio was expected to drop. Pity for Kaisch or however you spell his name. Pretty sure if Trump gets elected, someone will assassinate him.

Interesting times.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Bingo. I'm more afraid of Cruz than Trump.
    Same. Trump is at least an unknown. Cruz is genuinely and consistently insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Nah, Trump/Palin for the most cartoonish campaign in US history.
    If that happened I'd start giving the "Trump is running to help Hillary win" theory another look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expected. Rubio has come off entirely as "unready," this election season. He seems like he can only handle extremely rehearsed situations, and is unable to handle anything not going as planned. That doesn't come off well for someone running for president.

Interestingly enough, he sounds FAR more confident and comfortable in Spanish than in English.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Marginalized as in they do not hold the popular opinion or sympathy of the public. That doesn't mean they won't get seats, it is pretty common knowledge that democrat voters are horrible at turning out to anything but presidential elections, but if they did you'd find a lot more blue states.

And you can argue for not having open borders, because there is a logical and rational reason for it, without attacking the other side and labeling them as a "traitor." That just turns people off and turns them away.
    Wont get seats, they have more seats than the people you claim are the overwhelming majority. Cesspool urban centers are 90% of the liberal base, and they try to dictate how everyone else in the country lives. And they arent arguing for open borders because its good for the economy, I dont know where you got that idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand the "end of the world" mentality surrounding anti-Trump people. He's one of the only Republicans openly against the Iraq War and Bush. You'd think the antiwar candidate would be more important than some perceived prejudices (which are totally blown out of proportion).

A shame really, not that Rubio was ever a good candidate, but I was kind of rooting for the brokered convention and now that's probably not happening unless we see some kind of massive Kasich surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    A shame really, not that Rubio was ever a good candidate, but I was kind of rooting for the brokered convention and now that's probably not happening unless we see some kind of massive Kasich surge.
    never doubt the power of fox news to create a kaisich surge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I really don't understand the "end of the world" mentality surrounding anti-Trump people. He's one of the only Republicans openly against the Iraq War and Bush. You'd think the antiwar candidate would be more important than some perceived prejudices (which are totally blown out of proportion).
    Trump said he would bomb the shit out of ISIS and wants to intervene in North Korea, despite it being controlled by China, and make South Korea pay for it.

He is only anti-war in comparison to the other GOP hopefuls, in much the same way that he's less racist than David Duke.

Stumped himself by bringing literal dicks into the political discourse.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

never doubt the power of fox news to create a kaisich surge
    It's mathematically impossible for him to win the nomination. Fox news has already been over this topic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I'm surprised Bernie didn't drop. Clinton should be in jail. Rubio was expected to drop. Pity for Kaisch or however you spell his name. Pretty sure if Trump gets elected, someone will assassinate him.

Interesting times.
    The best case scenario would be for Clinton's investigation to be expedited. Whether she is guilty or not, such a case shouldn't be left to the end to a presidential campaign. If she is guilty, her campaign can end and Sanders would take over. This way the two candidates for general election wouldn't feel like picking a lesser evil (i.e. the predicted Trump v Hillary). If not, then I guess she is innocent in the email scandal.

Bernie is going to ride this as long as possible. Which is a good thing IMO.

Kasich is the only thing close to establishment left and he needs to win over 75% of the delegates in the next race simply to be mathematically feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    His most reasonable statement may be the waste of money that the war in Iraq had been. But he is far from being against war. He wants to America to "win" again, which does not mean backing down in the Middle East. I could be surprised though as the guy is a loose cannon. Hard to take anything he says seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, so much for Nate Silver's prediction.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Any US citizen that votes for the interests of non us citizens is a traitor
    What if it benefits both?

Rubio dropping out is a big boon for Cruz and the fact that Kasich won Ohio away from Trump was another big victory for Cruz. Cruz and Trump seemed to be relatively even in a lot of places, especially Missouri which is a good sign for him. What looked like an indefinite Trump nomination may not be the case. Seems like Trump won't be able to outright win the nomination and negotiating with the establishment republicans probably won't go well for him.

Likely to be a Trump v. Clinton race although it is still possible that it is a Cruz v. Clinton race.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What if it benefits both?
    Would the us be better or worse if it was 90% the same ethnic grip like Europe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Little Marco stood no chance. He should've dropped out before Florida and saved himself the embarrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.