Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Is the only argument you have for teens not having sex because they MIGHT and theres a huge MIGHT on getting pregnant.. I didn't know anyone during my teens who got pregnant. The first person I know who had a kid was at 20 and thats a reasonable age these days still early to me I think but just because people have sex doesnt mean they're going to have a baby pop out. You realize people have sex for pleasure as well right?

You pretty much just arguing the slight chance that a condom breaks that they will get preggers. I don't have sympathy for teens who don't practice safe sex (and even if the girl says shes on the pill I would still wear a condom) because there are crazy girls out there who trap their boyfriends at a young age because they're scared of what's going to happen after school.
    Different experiences. Few girls during my HS years got pregnant, and it wasn't exactly a surprise who got knocked up. Most times they were kind of dumb and trashy girls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Biology. Teens are driven by hormones to have partners.
    Like the story of the scorpion, the fox, and the river.
    Controlled by hormones as opposed to brain and will power. Plus US pop culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    I've never had sex or a girl but bringing a girl back home where my mom and siblings live would be a bit weird. On the other hand my mother would probably make me a pie and celebrate for finding someone at 22.
    I don't see what would be so weird about it; your family consists of people, not of aliens, and everybody understands there such things as relationships. And, like you mentioned, they would probably be even happy for you.

Now, I personally would feel awkward if I invited someone to my apartment. I live alone, and I never expect visitors, so my apartment is a big mess, with papers and clothes laying all over, dishes scattered around the living room, etc. Wouldn't want my potential partner to be shocked by what they see.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    I dont get it
    Really? How blunt do I have to say that for you to understand?

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Really? How blunt do I have to say that for you to understand?
    Be as blunt as you want I dont give a fuck

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't see what would be so weird about it; your family consists of people, not of aliens, and everybody understands there such things as relationships. And, like you mentioned, they would probably be even happy for you.

Now, I personally would feel awkward if I invited someone to my apartment. I live alone, and I never expect visitors, so my apartment is a big mess, with papers and clothes laying all over, dishes scattered around the living room, etc. Wouldn't want my potential partner to be shocked by what they see.
    It's the reverse. If I am going on a date or going out with expectations to meet a woman, I would make sure my apartment was looking presentable.

I could never bring a girl to my parents place whilst I lived there or to my current location with my 3 roomates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It's the reverse. If I am going on a date or going out with expectations to meet a woman, I would make sure my apartment was looking presentable.

I could never bring a girl to my parents place whilst I lived there or to my current location with my 3 roomates.
    I agree on the parents but if your roommates got their own room I couldn't care less. Hell, I'd even announce it as it wasn't already obvious enough.

And yes, why wouldn't you at least hide your dirt when you are expecting/planning to bring someone home?!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I agree on the parents but if your roommates got their own room I couldn't care less. Hell, I'd even announce it as it wasn't already obvious enough.

And yes, why wouldn't you at least hide your dirt when you are expecting/planning to bring someone home?!
    I just couldn't do it. They would ask about it. It would be embarrassing. I need to obtain my own place. Maybe next year.

I'm too lazy to clean up anything, and if the relationship progresses then the girl would expect my townhouse clean all the time which is not happening. I hire someone to come clean my place up so maybe if they cleaned the day before it would be presentable.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends who are currently suffering from dead-end jobs or dropped out of college had parents who spoiled them or were footmats to walk upon. I feel bad for them, and their parents.
    As opposed to your massive success story of being able to pay a whole quarter of the rent.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    I just couldn't do it. They would ask about it. It would be embarrassing. I need to obtain my own place. Maybe next year.
    The only way to go push through embarassment is to make jokes yourself before anyone else can, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm too lazy to clean up anything, and if the relationship progresses then the girl would expect my townhouse clean all the time which is not happening. I hire someone to come clean my place up so maybe if they cleaned the day before it would be presentable.
    Like my car, owned it for six and a half years now and it has only ever been cleaned when it was in the shop 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    As opposed to your massive success story of being able to pay a whole quarter of the rent.
    In some communities not going to jail is a great success...
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-03-16 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know, I'm not generally a fan of "Potemkin villages", as in doing something to impress someone, to make myself look better in their eyes than I am. Surely, I would clean up a bit, if I was expecting someone, but I wouldn't go out of my way to try to make my apartment look perfectly clean. If it is a potential partner I am inviting, then I would want them to see me for who I am: if they cannot tolerate a bit of messiness on my part, then it is not going to work anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a start. I have a job in my field and can only go up.

What did you expect? I go to college and live in a mansion first career job out of it? Get real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know, I'm not generally a fan of "Potemkin villages", as in doing something to impress someone, to make myself look better in their eyes than I am. Surely, I would clean up a bit, if I was expecting someone, but I wouldn't go out of my way to try to make my apartment look perfectly clean. If it is a potential partner I am inviting, then I would want them to see me for who I am: if they cannot tolerate a bit of messiness on my part, then it is not going to work anyway.
    While it is true that you should never change for anyone but yourself I doubt we understood that the mess your apartment is in is your normal. I really couldn't stand that for long myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    What did you expect? I go to college and live in a mansion first career job out of it? Get real.
    Mansion? No. But making enough to be able to afford your own independent living accommodations would be something generally expected from a job requiring a college degree.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    I always live at home, don't you?

Man, this is deep...

7+ Year Old Account
    Mansion? No. But making enough to be able to afford your own independent living accommodations would be something generally expected from a job requiring a college degree.
    Everybody in my house, including myself, can make enough money to support ourselves.

We just choose to live together to save money better and get a bit ahead on student loan payments.

So who is the wise one? People who live on their own just to prove how big and grown up they are, or the people who make financially smart decisions to better save money?

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah not anymore.

So who is the wise one? People who live on their own just to prove how big and grown up they are, or the people who make financially smart decisions to better save money?

Well, I mean you are paying someone else's mortgage. When I went to university I lived in my parents house and saved a ton of money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well, I mean you are paying someone else's mortgage. When I went to university I lived in my parents house and saved a ton of money.
    Lived in university housing, but in summers between semesters I stayed at my parents house.

Because why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. Yeah no. They may break some rules early on, but you deliver swift punishment and educate them.

If you do it right, a teen should make little mistakes.

And make believe? If you say so. Early on my folks basically told me if I had a kid in my teen years, I would not go to college, and end up working a shit job and live in some trailer trash park for the better part of important years. I would end up in a dead-end in life, and be a loser. I was like "Um...no thanks rather not be a loser and actually make something of myself in life."

But go ahead and let your kids break your rules and make their own. That totally won't backfire when they are older and have 0 respect for you.
    Well, my parents surely did try to be strict with me, it didnt really work out. But i suppose it can work with some ppl. It worked for my brother for example.
    When they realized that it wasnt working they changed their approach, then it worked. I do not know if just as simple as being a doormat ou giving tough love, each kid requires a different approach.

OT: And thats pretty normal to me at least.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines