Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Athene Quitting Live-streaming

R.I.P

He, forgot he still existed ...,cool ..I guess.

Wasn't he just playing Hearthstone at this point? Meh, there are better people to watch.

Does anyone actually care?

He will be back in 2 months. As always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Does anyone actually care?
    Not really. I thought this was news worthy, meh *shrugs*

Deleted
    It's about damn time!

I don't follow what has happened, or what has been accused or whatever to be honest. I love some of Athenes videos, his WoW videos over the years have been hilarious etc but never watch his stream, or well any twitch streamers for that matter. I know the last few years he has been solely working towards making money for charity, so I don't understand the hate.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've never really watched him... So, okay, I guess?

I've never really understood the notion of watching people play games... unless it's a game that you don't feel like playing for whatever reason, but would like the experience of playing it, even if it is vicariously.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Guess he got tired of viewbotting.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I don't follow what has happened, or what has been accused or whatever to be honest. I love some of Athenes videos, his WoW videos over the years have been hilarious etc but never watch his stream, or well any twitch streamers for that matter. I know the last few years he has been solely working towards making money for charity, so I don't understand the hate.
    Someone bought viewbot service for athene and the community thinks that he bought the viewbot for himself, which was obvious to the public, thats why he got the hate. No one knows if athene bought the bot and used it or if someone else bought the service for his channel. Athene denies it though, but meh, he is quitting now, because the community wants twitch to ban athene.
    Last edited by mmoc30bdb680c6; 2016-03-17 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Wasn't he just playing Hearthstone at this point? Meh, there are better people to watch.
    His stream was mostly about charity, this clearly shows that people only care about their own entertainment and not what goes on in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    His stream was mostly about charity, this clearly shows that people only care about their own entertainment and not what goes on in the world.
    Sucks, I am growing a beard with my group for charity smh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I could have told you that. Seriously, you're new on this planet?

Well, this is unfortunate
    I was wondering why his stream was off a few nights ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I dont mean to be that guy but without intent to troll, who is quitting?

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Sorry I dont mean to be that guy but without intent to troll, who is quitting?
    Old school Youtuber from like TBC era who had mill views, due to funny/troll content, he then after used youtube fame to raise for charity and then he went live streaming etc for charity donations, but he got hate for trolling, so yea. The charity part was real FYI

From the video
    The damage around my name and personality is just way to big
    Only thing I can think of when he says that is DUH. He has got to be one of the Biggest d bags personality wise I have ever seen. Had a bad run in with him when he was trying to make a Minecraft server. Heck, a lot of people from that server who won razer gear never received it even. Nevermind the fact that it was literally Months before even 1 code dropped.

I'm glad to see him stop streaming personally. Guy is a jerk. Doesn't matter if he works for a charity, his personality is utter crap and his ego is through the roof.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Oh look random internet dude #235 is quitting something. Is it summer allready?
    And isn't there a thread to advertise youtube-spam?

Quote Originally Posted by hazol View Post
    Someone bought viewbot service for athene and the community thinks that he bought the viewbot for himself, which was obvious to the public, thats why he got the hate. No one knows if athene bought the bot and used it or if someone else bought the service for his channel. Athene denies it though, but meh, he is quitting now, because the community wants twitch to ban athene.
    Wouldn't doubt he bought it. When he was making a minecraft server, he regularly inflated the number of players who were on by a Massive amount to try and make the server seem better. He didn't even try to deny it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?