Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I only have problems in Pit of Saron.
    The tanks health in there is like a jojo.
    100%-5%-60%-10%-100%-dead. Well then...

Also all tanks I met in there have this need to skip mobs by hopping the wall.
    The moment one other player misses the jump by a bit, or lands a liiiitle bit further then the tank, all hell breaks lose.
    I had PoS 6 times today, and each time we had wipes due to failed mob skipping.

I made macros for the bosses in there, because I don't want wipefests, and having to run back.
    Even if you warn people about brand on the first boss, they just ignore what you say and go full dps, mark or not.
    Tank dies, people yell at me: learn to f*king heal you filthy scum
    The things I had thrown in my face today, you don't want to know.
    It also just takes a looong time in there to get some of the trash mobs down.

From now on I'll just pop out of PoS whenever it pops up, and hop onto one of my other healers.
    I'm not taking this verbal abuse in PoS anymore.
    welcome to LFD
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Yeah, the ability to queue without any requirements gets together all sorts of people - damage dealers doing 0,5k dps, healers running with superweird talents, or people in general just ignoring any sort of tactics and getting annihilated. Due to that I only tend to run them on my tank on which I can pretty much solo any of those dungeons and my "favourite" groups are those where people who usually don't even seem to have interrupt bound nvm using it, use it at the very second you specifically ask NOT to interrupt any mobs because it would make the instance 70% faster (talking to other people who only tank those dungeons, that kind of behavious seems to be rather common - when you ask specifically for something, your groups makes sure they won't do it). Feels like people are borderline trolling because you can't be just that fucking dumb. 1 out of 5 parties tend to be rather decent though in terms of not going backwards, fortunately.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2016-03-18 at 01:31 PM.

I'd say Wrath TW is harder than any other TW so far, but it's mostly because people run it like they would as if there were level 100 in a level 80 instance.

They are really easy, but somehow ilv inflation has gone to everyone's head, the fact that nearly every mediocre shit bag is raiding heroic and mythic these days doesn't help.

Almost every group I've done that ended in total disaster was with someone who is full mythic gear, usually DK tank who pulls everything, but only holds onto some of it, or a hunter who pulls the entire fucking room.

Most groups have been really good, not everyone is a shit stain thankfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    I'd say Wrath TW is harder than any other TW so far, but it's mostly because people run it like they would as if there were level 100 in a level 80 instance.
    I really just think its Pit of Saron that's difficult from what I've seen, because people don't know it and you can't just faceroll it. The other wrath TW dungeons are all still pretty much blow through as fast as you can. I mostly do TW on my blood DK, but I still do 1 on my mage each event for the 500 badges. I don't need a healer or dps to live on my blood DK so I don't have to worry about wipes even if people don't listen, but at this point I'll take the deserter buff if that 1 on my mage is PoS. I've tried explaining bosses before we pull them but it seems either the tank or the healer doesn't get it and we end up wiping a few times per boss, along with another random wipe or two because people somehow don't see pats coming and pull a big group that we can't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Congrats on being able to Mind Controll an OP pet?
    and t15 2p dk set

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    If you had half a brain TBC heroics were easy and are far easier than current Mythic dungeons.
    ^

After the nerf and the nerf sure. You do realize that TBC dungeons were nerfed twice right? Obviously not counting the TW-mode here. TW is just dumb as fuck as back then you could cleanse your heart out and had less skills to save your ass. So they nerfed the impact of the debuffs and upped the damage a bit but nerfed the amount of packs of mobs immensely. I find myself wandering through Shattered Halls feeling lonely ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I really just think its Pit of Saron that's difficult from what I've seen, because people don't know it and you can't just faceroll it. The other wrath TW dungeons are all still pretty much blow through as fast as you can. I mostly do TW on my blood DK, but I still do 1 on my mage each event for the 500 badges. I don't need a healer or dps to live on my blood DK so I don't have to worry about wipes even if people don't listen, but at this point I'll take the deserter buff if that 1 on my mage is PoS. I've tried explaining bosses before we pull them but it seems either the tank or the healer doesn't get it and we end up wiping a few times per boss, along with another random wipe or two because people somehow don't see pats coming and pull a big group that we can't handle.
    I only do them as a healer, and I'm almost positive every time it's wrath TW I get in PoS, in one group it's a walk in the park, in another I am the worst healer ever everyone else sucks blahblahblah, lately I've been doing it for the first 500 and skipping the rest. I only have a little over 3000 badges. It's not worth the frustration these days, and not having an active guild makes it worse.

TW dungeons deliberately scale you lower than intended ilvl
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pleasantly surprised I haven't had more bad experiences after reading this thread.

The only dungeon I've seen much of an issue in recently is Pit of Saron, where I've run into Tyrannus 1 shotting tanks with his knockback while not empowered.

People seem to be getting Garfrost more and more, so wipes have been a lot less for me. Unfortunately it seems there's always one person who doesn't follow quick enough to skip ramp trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    TW dungeons deliberately scale you lower than intended ilvl
    That's because you can break things with sets + abilities you didn't have

First time I had one of the 'additional' dungeons was this week with PoS, the damage surprised me at times. Definitely higher than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

As a healer you have the power to do whatever you want - if people are stupid or lazy - just let them die! Personally I thought time walking was super easy - i healed it on my alt ( i never even play it, only once per event to get 500 badges to get toys )

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    game is hard
    Obviously attitude is harder.

Deleted
    Majority of the playerbase can, in fact, handle mythic difficulty raid fights.

Not instantly of course, but 95%+ of people playing WoW have enough dexterity and physical / mental health to understand and handle a mythic raid boss.
    Yes, even you, 10k DPS scrub dying on every fucking fire in my LFR.

That five percent are people with health conditions preventing them from having proper reaction times, APM and alike.

The problem is, the game doesn't make those people want to try and get better (possibly near their human skill cap)
    You are the worst player imaginable, standing in all the shit and doing horrible DPS? Doesn't make a bloody difference, you will still complete your dungeon or LFR raid because the content is tuned that way and there will always be players carrying the ship for you.

What's my reward for being a good player in LFR? Do I have better odds at getting loot for taking minimum amounts of avoidable damage and doing DPS that's comparable to maximum my character can do at that gear level? No. Both me, a decent player, and you - the worst player possible, are rewarded equally.

Which brings the conclusion: why bother trying? Why bother researching class, learning the proper rotation, avoiding bad stuff, understanding the environment? I can just AFK through it, fail every mechanic and still walk away with my meaningless epics.

Hard content makes good players. I remember playing GTA San Andreas for the first time in 2005, I got stuck on that god damn plane flying mission. I kept trying and failing for hours, until I got the grip of the controls and passed it. The next similar mission, I one shotted it. I learned how to control it and how to pass it. I became a better player at that particular game. If that game used WoW reward structure, the game would just skip me to the next mission upon first failure. Because "waaaaah I paid $50 for this and you're denying me seeing the whole game, waaaaaah!"
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-03-19 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that can be hard on a healer is that people tend to brute force everything.

Pit of Saron is a great example. Esp the trash after the 3rd boss. No interrupts, no CCs?

Well, have fun wiping because with the dispel cooldown we have now there is no way to heal against that kind of DoT damage.

As sonn as people employ a modicum of skill though, stuff gets extremely easy to heal.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Only thing that can be hard on a healer is that people tend to brute force everything.

Pit of Saron is a great example. Esp the trash after the 2nd boss. No interrupts, no CCs?

Well, have fun wiping because with the dispel cooldown we have now there is no way to heal against that kind of DoT damage.

As sonn as people employ a modicum of skill though, stuff gets extremely easy to heal.
    Fixed that for ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    Huh? You mean the zombies with the crates? Didn#t think them problematic at all.

It's the sickness/fire casters on the ramp that are ugly.

Pit of Saron is a great example. Esp the trash after the 3rd boss.
    3-rd is boss the last boss in PoS ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    3-rd is boss the last boss in PoS ..
    Ah yes, got confused. I mean the second boss, slope up to Raufang.

Issue that annoys me the most is the debuff spamming. Back in wrath: no problem. Now, with that retarded CD on dispel ... nightmare stuff.
    No clue how to heal that trash w/o dead people.