Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25
    The main one I am thinking of is the guy standing inside the HFC area, just past the gate (but outside the instance). Even today, in mythic gear, I have to do some really careful management of VE, Shields, and DPs... etc.. When I first entered Taanan Jungle in BRF gear, I couldn't kill this guy. I remember running back and dying several times trying to figure out how to kill him. If it would be possible to just swap to StM and power him down... ie brute force it. Then die afterwards, run back and collect loot... eh, I would probably do that sooner than I would ask someone to help. I would consider it fun, actually, to find a way to solo them without help. Sure, if it can be done in some other way, I'll probably do that instead.
    Maybe, but that means that StM should be so powerful that you can ignore every other spell to survive, while making you more vulnerable than ever since it's a risk to stop generating insainity. How probable could a similar scenario be? If the priest is usually balanced with the idea of CC and self healing/shields in mind, how much powerful should StM be to change the spec's gameplay while not gaining thoughness?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    To be honest, I quite don't get why you all are so happy. Celestalon's feedback, except for dots applying some small insanity on cast, can be described in one sentence: we won't change anything mechanically, so fuck you. No shadowy insight rework, no last talent tier rework, no apparitions flight time rework, selfhealing nerf (lol like I predicted), no meaningful StM rework, no change for our bandaid fix tier set bonus, no buffs for SoI, no changes to bottle-neck nondamage artifact traits, no mobility and some weird stuff with VE. Do you, like, really think tab targeting void bolt is a good gameplay - considering you'll still have to waste 5 seconds/target on a very "engaging" process of tab targeting dots applying before that? Yay for being useless in CM for the third expansion in a row... /sadface
    This is a ridiculous over reaction, and can be boiled down to one sentence: They didn't change exactly what I want, so overall it's terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    6. Survivability

I'm sitting here grumbling about this part because he's basically saying it's working as intended. He just says they want us to be squishy, and lists all the things we already know about what they think we can do. I guess Dispersion pausing insanity decay is something? Maybe? Bleh.
    Just to add to this point, survivability isn't so much an issue....when you have a healer. Right now in 2s I have to double dip in wasting resources. I need to use CC to peel, but using CC nerfs damage. Then, using CC nerfs heals. I got in to a few skirm 3s last night, and oh my god is shadow strong in 3s. The set up of shadow priest right is is that it scales exponentially in power as it gets support. All of a sudden I start using psychic horror first global of void form and regenning that insanity instantly to 100 instead of using it outside of void form to allow me to top myself with shadowmend...which basically starts you from 0. Shadow is such a momentum spec right now, and it's really hard to build any in 2s. When threes roll around, momentum is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY easier to build. That's my take at least. Shadow will struggle in 2s....but be amazing in 3s upward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    These changes are what I've been talking about!

For those who don't understand Multidotting/AoE. Our dots hit hard. Maybe a little too hard right now. Imagine having a spread ability spread our dots instantly. It will be the most OP ability for any spec in the game solely because our dots hit hard AF. In order to keep these dots ticking hard af we cannot have a spreader. There has to be a balance. Fortunately, the balance comes in with our Direct damage spells. While Dotting, we will have DD spells to do full damage WHILE our dots tick.

Our rotation in PvE with all these changes will make our VF last much longer aswell.

Our Dots giving Insanity on Cast is exactly what I wanted and mentioned on here before. What this change does it make your dotting/multidotting not feel like a waste. Coupled with the change of having Void Bolt lengthen our dots to FULL? lmao omg so good. Dotting will now encourage you to do it to targets on the field. Why? because you will be able to keep ALL TARGETS WITH FULL DOTS DURING THE ENTIRE TIME VF IS UP!. Ok, maybe not ALL targets, but picture this. Your void bolt has a 3 second cd(scales with haste). Your dots lasts for a shit ton of seconds. As long as a target has both dots no matter their duration, 1 Void Bolt will bring the dots back to FULL duration. Do you think you won't be able to keep a lot of dots up now?

^ That last sentence alone makes SoI AND Mass Hysteria extremely attractive again. They are back to being a huge plus to our AoE (those 2 talents are our true AoE mechanics)

Mana. Mana coming back is amazing. All our utilities can go back to costing mana and leaving our Damage spells costing insanity only. What this does is leave the pure momentum potential in any area of the game, pvp and pve. No longer will you be scared or discouraged to CC. It will feel smooth as fuck. It will play even more so like orbs but not so restricting. If Shadowmend costs Mana, it can stay OP because you will only be able to spam it for so much. HUGE heals like Ret paladin type of huge.

Insanity not draining during Dispersion is huge as well. Not only does it just pause the game play and let you stay at the point where you left, you will be able to game it. Letting diseprsion BE your Insanity Pause button for times not related to inc damage. This is huge.

I need to go to work now but dammit I want to tell you guys we are heading in the right directions now.

The squishyness, self heals and STM i want to touch on but have no time. Till later guys. Sit down and instead of going back to the dark place we were just at. Think of these changes and see what they do for us.
    I agree with everything here. This is pretty much my exact set of thoughts on the changes.

- - - Updated - - -

See, that's an opinion. Don't delude yourself into thinking your opinions are facts. You're doing yourself and everyone else a disfavor.

Case in point: I don't think anything about the Void Form dot duration reset sounds either "boring" or "tedious." I think it sounds really fun. I'm going to enjoy practicing optimal targeting of Void Bolt in tense, chaotic multi-target situations.

However, again it's important to note that I'm not saying the spec is done. Still a few glaring issues, including true aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

That's great to hear. I'm assuming Driven to Madness was huge in keep you in Void Form a long time for those juicy 50% healing void bolts?

Won't it be tragic when that dumb talent gets narfed
    I still have to get driven. Double dps 2s without driven and void shield is total ass, but I'm pretty close to 6 now for driven. The spec gains massive power with void shield, but I'm still insanity starved from no driven. I should be able to get driven tonight.

I was running rogue/spriest for a bunch of games and we ran in to boomy/ele.....rogue died right as I killed the boomy, and I was at like 2% hp....I got behind LOS and healed to full...the ele had no chance after that they can't kill a spriest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Still Kretan I think that we got to be given a way to get some distance from the melee.

The Shadowpriest as a class is a PVP God in terms of Burst and Damage. Was always. Things however changed when he was focused and that is why our self healing is not enough in my opinion and needs some kind of distance control.

Because the melee simply won't stop attacking you. They will be like a leech on you.
    Yeah it is annoying, but I'm waiting for driven to madness before I really say if I think a gap opener is necessary. Right now fear bomb is one of the strongest CCs in the game on alpha when trinkets are down. A fear bomb that sticks means you get 100% hp, or you can use the space to get in to void form. With fear removal cds being gutted from everything but warrior, fear bomb is insanely strong compared to where it is on live.

At this point I would rather them make dealing with being trained better than adding gap openers because the spec would be a jarbled mess if you tried to make it kite. Ele's have thunderstorm and a mini blink.......and they can't get any air at ALL...... I see them and others with pseudo gap openers getting absolutely smashed in 2s because they aren't effective. This is why I'm like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh give us more tanking tools hahahaa.

I queued skirms for like 4 hours last night. I only queued in to 3 ranged toons that weren't hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    You can activate StM before Voidform... and the +200% insanity generation works outside of voidform so you basically get an instant voidform.

youhouuu :')
    Oh damn really? I didn't even notice. This would make surrender basically oblivion + stm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Thank you for the concise definition of what Shadow Priests are, and have been for a long time.

As for StM... It will literally only be used by people for comedic effect, or because they have no clue wtf to do. And to get that, everyone else has to sacrifice a max-level talent. FAIR.
    StM will be a BiS max level talent for LFR afk'ing

What!?!? I'm just playing my class don't get mad you can't brez me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    StM will be a BiS max level talent for LFR afk'ing

What!?!? I'm just playing my class don't get mad you can't brez me.
    Holy crap, that is so brilliant I may actually do that.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Hey guys, do anyone have info on 4 t18 bonus changes in prepatch? MMOC for some reason have info only on t17 bonuses.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Holy crap, that is so brilliant I may actually do that.
    "How to LFR"

Hit surrender to madness, do fun damage for a minute, die when bored. Talent protects you against annoying battle rezzes. Watch youtube vids.

Yeah... "youtube vids"

Yeah... "youtube vids"

Hey this is a family forum. There are children around. We use code words for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    There are children around.
    Not mentioning any names of course, kek

Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    As far as I remember, there are (were) only 2 other abilities in WoW that killed your character. Old Feign Death and Divine Intervention, both much more useful that Surrender to Madness.
    also 20% chance from the old doomguard ritual.

and the proposed multitarget change might actually be good enough at least for the new scaling health challenge modes, assuming that mindsear/void crash are enough to keep up on burst aoe.

wtb gif/vids of new spriest animations!

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    wtb gif/vids of new spriest animations!
    Anything new apart from updated Shadow Crash?

Hey guys, do anyone have info on 4 t18 bonus changes in prepatch? MMOC for some reason have info only on t17 bonuses.
    I believe it'll be changed to crit.

@Kretan yeah it's been like that since forever I think. You can use STM at 0 insanity and you'll still have the +200% insanity generation so you can get an instant Voidform. Dunno if that's intented. It doesn't really matter tho if they switch it to a reduced insanity depletion rate.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate Void Torrent... the channelling reminds me so much of Mindflay that most of the time I cancel it to cast voidbolt or mindblast >.<
    Habits are OP

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    @Kretan yeah it's been like that since forever I think. You can use STM at 0 insanity and you'll still have the +200% insanity generation so you can get an instant Voidform. Dunno if that's intented. It doesn't really matter tho if they switch it to a reduced insanity depletion rate.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate Void Torrent... the channelling reminds me so much of Mindflay that most of the time I cancel it to cast voidbolt or mindblast >.<
    Habits are OP
    Wow I thought it required void form. Damn.

Hahahaha. I love the ground animation of void torrent, but I wish the beam was more impactful visually. It feels very fun to press like Kreygasm fun for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Anything new apart from updated Shadow Crash?
    I don't think so. The new shadowcrash is very very very cool though. The change isn't drastic, but you can tell it went from like 2005 to 2015 with the particle effects. It went from like pure purple to a purple/DEEP blue mix if I remember correctly...it looks gorgeous.

Yeah the ground animation is really cool. I wish it kept the ground animation but that we also kinda had a new levitating animation during it to properly show the immense power we're unleashing to our ennemies along with a new animation for the "flay" itself.

Homophobia is so gay.

Buffs haste, mastery, and crit by 700 rating.

how much % does it represent ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Based on current formula? 6.36% crit, 7.7% haste, 19.89% mastery.

Not sure the formulas will be the same come Legion however.

Thanks ! Yeah, it was just to have a basic idea of how much it is compared to the flat 30% multistrike.

Cheers

Homophobia is so gay.

Right now it is worth it to get Shadow Crash over Mindbender? And Twist of Fate vs Shadow Word:Void (With legacy of the void talented)?

I think Shadow Crash should be baseline for cool it looks now =/