Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    wrong

wrong
    i feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan009 View Post
    Not really a fan of the demotion the Old Gods received, but even pre-Chronicle we had some strong evidence the most powerful OG got brought down by the mogu alone.
    Shadow, Storm and Stone doesnt say the Mogu killed Y'Shaarj alone. Especially since at the time the Mogu were afflicted by the curse of flesh. But anyways, Ra-den was the one who led the Mogu into that fight. They didn't do it alone, they had the power of a Titan Watcher with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What the Chronicle "changed" was the massive headcanon lore that was going on in many heads.
    Im reading chronicle atm. So far the Titans story was change, Sargeras's story, as was the reason why the old Gods attacked planets. I know what their stories originally were. I've been playing this game since TBC, but I've been a fan of Warcraft since Orcs Vs Humans, and I've been a huge lore nerd. I've been getting more and more pissed that they keep changing stories.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Behind the bad guy there is another bad guy concepts, I've grown to feel that these creatures are not nearly as menancing anymore.

The titans didn't even fight them themselves. They created titanic watchers and mogu, and they single handedly defeated them all
    They don't nearly seem as powerful as they used to be

Hell, the Scourge could be a bigger threat now
    Of course this is all from an observers point of view. The only people that know about the void lords are Sargeras, possibly higher ups in the BL, and maybe the Naaru. We as characters have no idea about the void lords or why there are old gods just that they are a menace and very powerful from our perspective.

then stop playing if it pisses you off

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    This is why they need Sargeras and the pantheon; they know [this is just my theory].
    Since Sargeras went on full destruction of the whole universe, it was almost mandatory for him to kill the Pantheon as the Pantheon would go on identifying world souls.

Maybe the void lords can't track world souls, since they are technically not born yet but they can track titans?
    Neither the Titans nor the Void Lord's know where each World Soul is located, it's a dart board exercise for both. Progress had slowed to a crawl for the Titans sometime before Aggramar found Azeroth. Being unable to convince the Pantheon to his purpose works against Sargeras since he is now the only Titan left searching for World Souls.

It certainly seems like the Void Lords can watch events in our reality but since they themselves can't detect World Souls it doesn't get them anywhere. Once a Titan discovers a World Soul then it's too late for the Void Lords to infect and corrupt it.

How about the part where Aman'thul stuck his hand into Azeroth and tore Y'shaarj out like some weed?

N'zoth and C'thun were easily defeated and so was Y'shaarj, only reason he lasted longer was because he had the C'thraxxi
    And old god is nothing compared to a titan. However, removing the rest or cleansing the planet may have brought more harm to the titan embryo if you will. The only thing we knew was powers relative to us and whatever head canon was created to fill in gaps that were previously unexplained. If the old gods succeed in corrupting Azeroth, all existence could be wiped out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    So far the Titans story was change
    What changed? Ordering of the universe to ordering of the universe?

Sargeras's story
    So, do tell what changed on the Sargeras' story. And no, no Eredar retcon, that's more than a decade old.

as was the reason why the old Gods attacked planets.
    The Chronicle is the first time Blizzard ever said why the Old Gods are corrupting planets.

I've been getting more and more pissed that they keep changing stories.
    All they did was to expand the more massively, fixing where there were problems (I love how they dealt with the Tribunal "old lore") and destroying headcanon lore.

no im not wrong technically. I was unaware that the idiots doing the Lore lately for Blizzard has created a new type of Void being and named it Void Lord when we already have Void Lords in WoW.

No I haven't read chronicle exactly for that reason. All I'll see is all the lore they are changing, or messing up (such as naming this new being Void Lord).
    It's theirs. They can change it to suit their purposes. This is their way of unifying and explaining everything to be a concrete foundation. Just because you do not agree or like does not mean it is being messed up.

- - - Updated - - -

yes they were that. It took multiple titans to bring one of them down. Or at least it did. But chronicles has probably changed that as well.

Everyone who likes their lore? Their lore has been shit on.
    Your opinion. I am a lore nut. I was fine with the minor retcons in the past. I have read Chronicles and think it is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Chronicle is making me understand why FanFic is a thing, this lore just sounds fucking awful, Im beyond confused as to why were ripping up over 10 years of story instead of just expanding on what we have. I suppose in fairness, Old Gods have been pathetic since we found out freaking Mogu are enough of a challenge for them. (although I think even thats been changed already)
    Most of it is being expanded upon. A lot of what is in the book pulls the curtains back on stuff that was never explained at all where people made their own assumptions and some of that became "unwritten lore". Now that there is an official source telling us what is what, it contradicts with what people thought. Another part of it is what we know about some things were only presented from an in game perspective told as stories passed down from generation to generation. Much Like Elune. The NEs claim she is a god, but there was never an official source on that. But dam will people claim lore is being shit on when Elune is found out not to be a god, even though she never was, only becasue the NEs thought so.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but we were led to believe that these were super powerful beings that it required multiple titans to kill, and as said, not they are just push over. Aman'thul tore the most powerful old god there was out of the ground like some weed in a garden
    So? The made a change to fit better a universe they are trying to establish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I have no idea what's upsetting people about Old God's in Chronicle, power level wise they are at least as powerful as they were before whilst Y'Shaarj actually got a bump in power. Pretty sure before Chronicle Y'Shaarj was zerged down by Mogu whilst now it resisted the combined might of the Titan Watchers and their forces until a planet sized entity literally plucked it from Azeroth like a massive weed.

The only thing that has changed is that now we actually know what the Old God's are up to and that they are the spawn of a set of eldritch beings that which are in turn so scary one Titan would rather commit genocide upon his own race, purging all life from the universe in the process rather than risk letting one manifest.
    Even with this knowledge of Sargeras, he is still a giant threat to us.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Even with this knowledge of Sargeras, he is still a giant threat to us.
    Did I say he wasn't? Chronicle says that purging all life is basically the collateral damage of his crusade but just because it isn't personal then it's no less terrifying.

Sarg: "Here m8, need to scour your planet of all life to prevent matter sucking entities from literally (not figuratively) eating our universe or turning it into an eternal realm of torment......nothing personal though!"

Us: "Ye np's man, go crazy."

Not seeing it somehow lol. Sargeras is still the primary antagonist of Warcraft, at least until/if we get a Dark Titan.

Im reading chronicle atm. So far the Titans story was change, Sargeras's story, as was the reason why the old Gods attacked planets. I know what their stories originally were. I've been playing this game since TBC, but I've been a fan of Warcraft since Orcs Vs Humans, and I've been a huge lore nerd. I've been getting more and more pissed that they keep changing stories.
    Please kindly tell us what was changed compared to the latest canon, not the more-than-7-years-ago-canon. I don't know how much of a "lore nerd" you are, but I find it interesting that people who don't claim themselves "lore nerd" can explain the events in Chronicle with pre-Chronicle canon and the "lore nerd" can't. Unless by "lore nerd" you meant "I was hooked on WoW lore few years ago and never bothered to update any information after reading it the first time".

There certainly are some inexplainable diffefences in Chronicle, but those are far fewer than what people make them out to be.

Changing established beliefs for over a decade into something so far left field it might as well be a new story is not good.

Pulling the curtain back in a restrained manner isnt a bad thing, but this might as well be a different game. From what I understand not having Chronicle currently, the OG's exist to now corrupt the World Soul and create some Void Titan, then why the fuck are they in-fighting for such a monumentally, universe eclipsing task, or did that get retconned too?
    Why wouldn't it be good when said beliefs (and I'm glad you used "beliefs" instead of "facts" like some people do) were built from implications and speculations? Lore expansion solidify the lore (and actually closed some plot holes / questions we had earlier) instead of outright changing it, why would it be bad?

The OGs were created to corrupt the world soul - this much is correct. However, nowhere was it stated that they were actually under the void lords' command instead of just having some instinctual desire to corrupt things. If it is the later, it isn't strange that they might fight against each others for a while. Eventually, though, if we go by the Chronicle, the OGs banded together anyway - at least they were when Yogg managed to get into the Emerald Dream.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-03-18 at 04:40 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Pulling the curtain back in a restrained manner isnt a bad thing, but this might as well be a different game. From what I understand not having Chronicle currently, the OG's exist to now corrupt the World Soul and create some Void Titan, then why the fuck are they in-fighting for such a monumentally, universe eclipsing task, or did that get retconned too?
    Haven't read a reason yet but it also hasn't stated that the OG's fight amongst themselves either during the Black Empire's height. Could be that they are a reflection of their masters though and just anarchic by nature. "Evil defeats itself" right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Haven't read a reason yet but it also hasn't stated that the OG's fight amongst themselves either during the Black Empire's height. Could be that they are a reflection of their masters though and just anarchic by nature. "Evil defeats itself" right?
    They're beings of disorder, so of anarchy. They just devour everything, even one another.

However, I'm not entirely sure what infighting you're referring to? The chronicle doesn't mention any during the Black Empire.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-03-18 at 04:56 PM.

Why, because Blizzard ran with it, the lore has developed with its playerbase, and everyone shouts a collective song of "What the fuck" whenever something random comes into the fray, like it is now. They're taking the reigns far too late and basically rewriting WoW, at this point all you can do is sit back and switch off like its an Adam Sandler film. If they wanted to fill in gaps like the creation of Azeroths moral races they didnt have to do it with a Keeper we easily defeat in the middle of a Siege against the freaking Lich King. The power levels are all so messed up its hard to even contemplate whats a threat and whats unreachable anymore.

So the Old Gods are chaos incarnate with a goal... I mean come on.
    So basically, your complaint isn't that it makes no sense or doesn't have any logic, or not even that they conflicted with the established lore, but simply that they don't suit your taste?

Okay, then, each of us have his or her own opinion. Although, I wouldn't say that they rewrote WoW lore, since *almost* everything in the Chronicle can be explained by old lore, so it's more of an expansion than revision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they're shadow entities. Their goal is to consume all light and energy and matter in the Great Dark Beyond. That doesn't seem inherently contradictory to me?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understeand why people feel that. Since the Old Gods don't have powerlevels on their part their are not interesting anymore.

I mean. Seriously. A lot of people liked the Old Gods because of powerlevels. Not because of their concept or anything.

Deleted
    Why, because Blizzard ran with it, the lore has developed with its playerbase, and everyone shouts a collective song of "What the fuck" whenever something random comes into the fray, like it is now. They're taking the reigns far too late and basically rewriting WoW, at this point all you can do is sit back and switch off like its an Adam Sandler film. If they wanted to fill in gaps like the creation of Azeroths moral races they didnt have to do it with a Keeper we easily defeat in the middle of a Siege against the freaking Lich King. The power levels are all so messed up its hard to even contemplate whats a threat and whats unreachable anymore.

What happened with the Old Gods is pretty easy to explain. Blizzard introduced mysterious Lovecraftian entities that cause chaos on Azeroth. Since the mystery was never solved, the fan theory of "they are chaotic douchebags, lets insert X vs. Y poll for the fun of it" kinda took control of the headcanon. But now the Chronicle finally explained what the Old Gods are and behold, they are chaotic Lovecraftian douchebags that work for another Lovecraftian douchebags.

The answer was there all the time, they are a homage of Lovecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    I don't understeand why people feel that. Since the Old Gods don't have powerlevels on their part their are not interesting anymore.

I mean. Seriously. A lot of people liked the Old Gods because of powerlevels. Not because of their concept or anything.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post

Shouldn't they have stopped liking them in MoP, if not as early as post-WoTLK, though? I mean, if anything, the Chronicle buffed the OGs' powerlevels when compared to the latest canon. Y'Shaarj went from being killed by a bunch of Mogu (and possibly with Ra) to cause enough damage for the Pantheon to worry that their army might lose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Shouldn't they have stopped liking them in MoP, if not as early as post-WoTLK, though? I mean, if anything, the Chronicle buffed the OGs' powerlevels when compared to the latest canon. Y'Shaarj went from being killed by a bunch of Mogu (and possibly with Ra) to cause enough damage for the Pantheon to worry that their army might lose.
    Kinda. But even after MoP there were some people that still believed that some Old Gods could be equal to Titans.

Now that Chronicle debunked every last part of it. People are now like "Whoah. They are not the strongest anymore. Boring!"

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You forget that an important part of this new lore is that the real powers behind the old gods cant manifest in the physical world for long, or at full power, without the old gods getting their one win.

Once that happens and a full powered void lord enters in, shit will go down.

I eagerly await Elune being corrupted and bringing in a void lord, and the ensuring night elf tears.
    Elune isn't the name of Azeroth's world-soul.

It's Azeroth.

Deleted
    I don't think all of this is now less menacing. And from the many 'ok, so we can now do what? Just... give up?'-posts that popped up in threads I got the impression that if anything things are now even more menacing.
    Old Gods are universe-cancer. They had always been imprisoned by the titans with the help of their keepers. It didn't stop their mission. Y'shaarji was always dead, from the point where we found him. And guess what, not even that stopped him. Now the last of his remains have been destroyed and guess what? Not even that stops him from whispering.
    Sargeras was always said to be a Fallen Titan on a mission, he was maddened by the evil he saw and wanted to purge it all. That hasn't chanced much, acutally I didn't think it _changed_ at all, it is now only clearer what that evil is exactly and how bad his madness has become.

For the one who said voidlords are chaos and a 'goal' doesn't fit in there: voidlords are not chaos, they are void. And even Chaos alone and Void alone would not be 'evil' per se. It's the will that drives them that makes them a threat to reality. That will is Sargeras's/The Legion's for Chaos and the voidlords/Old Gods for Void.
    Last edited by mmoc1d0f52de2b; 2016-03-18 at 05:36 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're not anybody's slaves. They have their own agenda of corrupting and causing disorder. Now they are apart of a bigger scheme of things instead of typical Lovecraft monsters.