Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's an actual person, not CGI.
    How observant of you! Now come on, put that thought together. We know you can do it! Come on! Come on!
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    How observant of you! Now come on, put that thought together. We know you can do it! Come on! Come on!
    Find me a person who looks like this

and you'll have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Also, to the edgelords complaining about PG-13, all Warcraft games have been rated T, so a Fury Road type R doesn't even fit the property. LOTR was darker than this and it was PG-13. There is absolutely no reason to have this movie be an R unless you want it to be a financial failure.
    The things that would make it R - extreme language, extreme violence, drug use, and nudity, have no place in a Warcraft movie. The demo market for this film is squarely the pg-13 crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by MayronEU View Post
    lol damn, what a dick move, slicing him between the legs... ouch! That orc seems so much larger than the other ones. I don't like this theme of making orcs look 5 times larger just to show they're an important character, like what they did to many of the warlords in WoD like Blackhand. They're still normal orcs! Stop making them insanely large, we want normal orc to human size ratios! :'(
    If someone is trying to kill you with a large metal axe, there is no such thing as a "dick move".

I think that's what I'm having issues with - the orcs are just too goddamned big...with tiny human sized eyes.

I was afraid that the movie wouldn't be able to capture the spirit of the games, and this trailer just confirms my fears.

Firstly, Orcs shouldn't be 8 feet tall; when they're placed next to the (clearly greenscreened) human actors (that look like they've wandered in from a Game of Thrones set), it becomes abundantly clear to me that there will be a lot of "yeah, ok" moments when it comes to humans fighting orcs in the movie. The slide to first base that Lothar did there was an example of this (totally unconvincing), and you'd think that any self-respecting 8 foot tall orc would be able to punt him away with a little swipe from his stop sign sized club.

Secondly, I would expect Lothar to look the part; his presentation and body shape are not so intimidating when put in that armor, and especially not so when you consider how itty bitty the humans look next to the orcs.

In my opinion, they really, really should have cast some more grizzled looking actors; the Stormwind army only conscripts children in this new cinematic universe, apparently. I mean, we've already seen two kids smashed to a pulp by giant clubs in the trailers.

I'm guessing this will be an "all hope is lost" movie. Eugh.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    mmmm cgi did look better than before...

still extremely dubious that it will make them any reasonable profit after all of their expenses, and somewhat meh about the movie itself...
    The cost of this movie is in the range of 100 and 200 million USD.

Judging by the Facebook & Youtube likes, the movie will deffo cash in at least $500 million and that's more than enough for a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by devcon94 View Post
    I was afraid that the movie wouldn't be able to capture the spirit of the games, and this trailer just confirms my fears.

Firstly, Orcs shouldn't be 8 feet tall; when they're placed next to the (clearly greenscreened) human actors (that look like they've wandered in from a Game of Thrones set), it becomes abundantly clear to me that there will be a lot of "yeah, ok" moments when it comes to humans fighting orcs in the movie. The slide to first base that Lothar did there was an example of this (totally unconvincing), and you'd think that any self-respecting 8 foot tall orc would be able to punt him away with a little swipe from his stop sign sized club.

Secondly, I would expect Lothar to look the part; his presentation and body shape are not so intimidating when put in that armor, and especially not so when you consider how itty bitty the humans look next to the orcs.

In my opinion, they really, really should have cast some more grizzled looking actors; the Stormwind army only conscripts children in this new cinematic universe, apparently. I mean, we've already seen two kids smashed to a pulp by giant clubs in the trailers.

I'm guessing this will be an "all hope is lost" movie. Eugh.
    The movie will make more than enough revenue to cover a sequel, and in my opinion, it looks fantastic. However, in response to your assertions, I can only state: "To each their own!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Why do you need new stuff? Just wait for the movie to come out? It'll be here before you know it and then you can see all the scenes!
    Then why bother making a spot, and just use the original trailer? Wasting time doing nothing. Superb.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    It's astonishing how few people get this. It's like getting mad at JK Rowling for anything in the Harry Potter films...
    It's astonishing that few people bother to look up the facts: (Bolds by me)

From WikiPedia:

Warcraft (to be released internationally as Warcraft: The Beginning)[3] is an upcoming 2016 American epic fantasy film directed by Duncan Jones and written by Chris Metzen. It is based on the Warcraft video game series and novels set in the world of Azeroth. The film stars Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Ben Schnetzer, Robert Kazinsky, Daniel Wu, Ruth Negga, Anna Galvin and Clancy Brown. The film portrays the origin story of the initial encounters between the humans and the orcs, with an emphasis upon both sides of the conflict, and will take place in a variety of locations established in the video game series.[4]

The film was first announced in 2006 as a project partnership between Legendary Pictures and the game's developer, Blizzard Entertainment.[5] Filming began on January 13, 2014 and concluded on May 23, 2014. The film is set to be released by Universal Pictures on June 10, 2016.[1]

Blizzard didn't license it, they're making it WITH Legendary, and Metzen wrote it. You can blame Blizzard all you want - they're responsible for it.

Anyone still astonished?

Deleted
    For those that think the humans armor are way to polished and clean... it disturbs me as well. But think about it, if you ever done military service... they have a crazy fetish for keeping the uniform clean and polished.

@All the people who think the movie is gonna flop ROFL, the amount of WoW players who will see this movie is pretty insane plus random non-players who just want to see why the game is so popular rating is literally nothing with this movie its just one giant commercial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well Medivh isn't soulless, but he is posessed by Sargeras, so it's close enough. Nailed it. But Khadgar. Seriously he looks like a pedophile. Getting turned into an old guy will be a blessing to him instead of a curse.

10/15 = Ironforge? :O

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    @All the people who think the movie is gonna flop ROFL, the amount of WoW players who will see this movie is pretty insane plus random non-players who just want to see why the game is so popular rating is literally nothing with this movie its just one giant commercial.
    It will for sure make it's money back, and then some, especially when it hits disks and streaming, but I'm not expecting it to break any box office records or win any awards. It'll be a good summer popcorn movie, and that's not terrible for them at all. I suspect a great many people among the 7 million who quit playing will wait for it to hit Redbox/Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It's astonishing that few people bother to look up the facts: (Bolds by me)

From WikiPedia:

Warcraft (to be released internationally as Warcraft: The Beginning)[3] is an upcoming 2016 American epic fantasy film directed by Duncan Jones and written by Chris Metzen. It is based on the Warcraft video game series and novels set in the world of Azeroth. The film stars Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Ben Schnetzer, Robert Kazinsky, Daniel Wu, Ruth Negga, Anna Galvin and Clancy Brown. The film portrays the origin story of the initial encounters between the humans and the orcs, with an emphasis upon both sides of the conflict, and will take place in a variety of locations established in the video game series.[4]

The film was first announced in 2006 as a project partnership between Legendary Pictures and the game's developer, Blizzard Entertainment.[5] Filming began on January 13, 2014 and concluded on May 23, 2014. The film is set to be released by Universal Pictures on June 10, 2016.[1]

Blizzard didn't license it, they're making it WITH Legendary, and Metzen wrote it. You can blame Blizzard all you want - they're responsible for it.

Anyone still astonished?
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Warcraft:_The_Beginning

Writer - Duncan Jones
    Writer - Charles Leavitt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Leavitt
    He re-wrote the 2015 film Seventh Son and the 2016 film Warcraft

Are you citing a rumour from 2012?

2012 Edit

As of early 2012, the movie has still not been announced to be in production, so the chances of it being made are getting lower by the year. At Comic Con 2011, Chris Metzen said the movie was not dead, but gave few useful details saying it was still in the "treatment stage".[45] In mid-March 2012, Nethaera said the movie is "still on the radar" with no other update.[46]

According to IMDB, the manuscript writer will be Chris Metzen. (Jesse Wigutow was mentioned, but has been removed).[47] IMDB information on pre-release movies should be taken as suspect, though. IMDB generally only removes false information if someone reports it.
    In some ways they are making it with Legendary but they aren't the camera crew, or even the full on production stuff. Blizzard would be consulting on the project, after all it is their IP.
    Last edited by Nefiasm; 2016-03-18 at 11:03 PM.
    I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers' flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised on the playground is where i spent mosta my days, Chillin out, maxin', relaxin' all cool,An' all shootin some B-ball outside of the school,When a couple o' guys who were up to no good, Started makin' trouble in my neighbourhood, I got in one little fight and my mum got scared, She said 'You're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!'

15+ Year Old Account
    Its all about that duel flag. I think the movie looks good so far to me, but of course I will wait to see it to pass judgement. I like how the dwarf looks in the trailer, it would be stupid to make them look too much like LoTR. They are trying to make something different, just go in with an open mind, let go of your anger(until you see it). Either way there will be whiners, but I am hopeful. I have faith in Duncan Jones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ioVulture View Post
    For those that think the humans armor are way to polished and clean... it disturbs me as well. But think about it, if you ever done military service... they have a crazy fetish for keeping the uniform clean and polished.
    As a former US Marine, I agree. If anything, the opposite should be to blame, and that is showing militaries in less than pristine uniforms all the time. I mean, look at WoW as the worst offender. We loot brand new items in the game that are chipped, and worn and rusted. Hell crafted items that are literally brand new have flaws in them.
    Last edited by mykro9; 2016-03-19 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Damnyouautocorrect

10+ Year Old Account
    My god you people will cry about anything. I think it looks awesome and I can't wait to see it!

Really REALLY hoping it won't become something I'll end up watching by myself in order to make sure it's cringeworthy levels aren't over 9000 before watching with my family...

- - - Updated - - -

OH, and I do hope that IF it ends up awesome, they'll introduce some of the gear sets and stuff seen in the movie as transmog sets in-game. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    The cost of this movie is in the range of 100 and 200 million USD.

Judging by the Facebook & Youtube likes, the movie will deffo cash in at least $500 million and that's more than enough for a sequel.
    $500 million is easily doable. Probably around $800 million, I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Much better trailer than they've shown so far. The only time I don't like the green screen and think it looks horrible is still the Stormwind shot. It's not even that it's bad, per say. Just that it looks off. I thought the dwarf looked ok, though.
    Stormwind looked somewhat better compared to last trailer. But yeah we aren't much time in SW in the movie, so I'm not too worried.