Deleted

soakers on archi mythic

what is the most normal aproach on classes soaking? i have looked at some vids/asked some peps and most i asked tend to use healers/tanks for it. am one of the soakers in my guild as progress as hunter. but it gimpes my dps a bit with mastery etc.

Deleted
    At this point in progression you should blood lust and ring on pull and you will only have to deal with 1 Doomfire / set of fire, which we use our Brewmaster to deal with.

Healers can easily do it.

First, personally i always advise against the hero+ring on pull strat, makes whats otherwise an easy phase, into a trivial one, while making a hardphase (p3) into a harder phase.
    So, if you decide to go against the burn tactic, and actually do the boss right, you'd want to teach your players to focus on getting 10-12 stacks of fire. after that, youre going to need "amount of fire+1" healers to cover your group. Tanks can do it, but its super iffy in 2nd phase, you can but i would advise against it, as it further complicates the mechanic, and well its really simple for any healer to do it. Disc obviously being the strongest monk+druid quite easily aswell.

Anyway, if you go for the burn tactic. i tell a tank to pick up the first fire, drop it somewhere nicely, then have 1 healer pick it up in the 2nd phase(disc comes to mind).

We have the tanks rotating on it.

At this stage anyone can do it. My prime guild had hunters do it, so they could use deterrence for when they had to soak and chains were exploding.

My weekend guild followed the same ideal, but last week our hunter was out and the other hunters seemed oblivious, so our moonkin did it. Anyone who can move quickly/blink is a good contender. Tanks are a good contender. Healers are a good contender.

10+ Year Old Account
    We used a hunter and 2 healers for our early kills, now we just have a tank do it. If you're doing 1 doomfire (which I don't think is a best strat for a guild starting progression but that's another thread) then I think a tank is probably the best choice.

We do 2 doomfires lust in phase 3 and usually get 20 stacks. One tank takes 15 and a healer takes 5. Not hard to heal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    So, if you decide to go against the burn tactic, and actually do the boss right
    the "right" way is the way that kills the boss... matter of opinion if you dont like a burn strat with your comp.... maybe the fight was intended to be done with 15 mages and/or 3 tanks... there's no law here nor would any of us be above it if there were

I don't know if there's a 'right' way but there's a trade off. You can either make phase 2 or phase 3 easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    First, personally i always advise against the hero+ring on pull strat, makes whats otherwise an easy phase, into a trivial one, while making a hardphase (p3) into a harder phase.
    Seconded.

OT: We don't lust on pull because 2 stacks of fire is very easy to deal with. We get a total of 2 doomfires, 4 Allure casts soaked as follows:

Allure 1: Doomfire 1 line picked up by tank 1
    Allure 2: Doomfire 1 pile picked up by disc priest, Doomfire 2 line picked up by tank 2
    Phase 2:
    Allure 3: Doomfire 1 pile picked up by disc priest, Doomfire 2 pile picked up by a Warlock with dedicated healer, dark bargain at 8 seconds on dot then easy to heal through the bargain dot
    Allure 4: Doomfire 1 pile picked up by disc priest, Doomfire 2 pile picked up by a Mage with dedicated healer, Ice Block at 10 seconds (doesn't drop the fire, just immunes the damage)
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Best thing is to have tanks do it, since they don't really notice the damage anyways, so it's lowest risc. A healer can do it, but theres really no point (unless the tanks aren't capable of doing mechanics). Having a dps do it at this point is just silly.

Deleted
    We still have a Disc priest do it. Because you don't actually need that healer, and it's no DPS loss.

(other than you could replace it with a dps ofc. which you won't do on progress)
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2016-03-20 at 09:44 AM.

we use a disc priest. hpaladins also work well, as do tanks that can easily deal with large amounts of magic damage. hunters and warlocks are ok at it but only preferable if they're better players than the others, since they'll lose dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    At this point in progression you should blood lust and ring on pull and you will only have to deal with 1 Doomfire
    We do not and we can reliably go to the end of phase 2. We have to refine how we do that part, but it doesn't seem to be entirely depended on the doomfire. I suspect the main improvement is to improve the handling of the adds' mess at that point rather than have 1 single player freer.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    We do not and we can reliably go to the end of phase 2. We have to refine how we do that part, but it doesn't seem to be entirely depended on the doomfire. I suspect the main improvement is to improve the handling of the adds' mess at that point rather than have 1 single player freer.
    Control your dps so you don't release the adds during second lasers. It's probably the hardest moment in phase 2, since you have chains go up right after first salvo, and that damage adds up fast. Having dogs jump on people during that moment can be lethal. The phase isn't difficult, but trying to go too fast will easily wipe you. Adds aren't a problem after that, since next set of chains is either easily broken or you transition during it.

My tip. Nuke hard to only get 1 doom fire (make sure ring explosion doesnt hit the doomfire) and with only 10 stacks any1 can handle it. Hunter or monk tank is ideal thou.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Adds aren't a problem after that, since next set of chains is either easily broken or you transition during it.
    That's hopeful. I was worried we may be overwhelmed by their interrupting our boss-burning. But I guess it might be mainly a matter of keep-calm-do-it-properly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That's hopeful. I was worried we may be overwhelmed by their interrupting our boss-burning. But I guess it might be mainly a matter of keep-calm-do-it-properly.
    That's pretty much it. Next set of chains comes before third Wreath - so you either break it instantly, or transition before lasers actually hit. The only issue might be getting a Deathcaller, but that's a matter of boss dps, as leftovers dogs can be cleaved down in phase 3.