Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else got Alpha invite recently?

Hi,
    I just got my alpha invite, I don't think I would be considered because I am not family or friend, I don't have a live stream of any kind, our guild didn't down Archie on mythic, but to my surprise I got an invite yesterday, yes I am kind of bragging but still want to know if anyone else got his/hers.

An invite wave went out earlier that would focus on pvp

They recently did a wave in hopes to get more PvP testing done.

Contrary to popular belief, in this Alpha you don't need to be anyone "special" to get an invite. There are random opt-in players along with the streamers/mythic raiders/fansite employees. It's just a relatively lower ration than the Betas.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This morning, a wave of invites was sent out with a focus on PvP experience. We'll continue to monitor participation. Thanks!

Deleted
    I wish :/
    I've never gotten into any blizzard beta

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Me too....Just downed Mythic Archimonde last reset and just want to get into Alpha/Beta now and pour all my time into it

WoW is the one beta thus far i have yet to ever get into (aside from the MOP wow annual pass thing), and its the game I play the most : /. Theres still time!! ... maybe

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    WoW is the one beta thus far i have yet to ever get into (aside from the MOP wow annual pass thing), and its the game I play the most : /. Theres still time!! ... maybe7
    I know right...and then you get people who are like...man I dont even play this game and I got beta invite...lolz....smh

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    This morning, a wave of invites was sent out with a focus on PvP experience. We'll continue to monitor participation. Thanks!
    Half the people being invited will just roll on over to the pve realm defeating the purpose of being invited, unless they've been locked to the pvp realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Well they picked the wrong guy, I hate PvP, have not done it since the quest for legendary quest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubulous View Post
    I know right...and then you get people who are like...man I dont even play this game and I got beta invite...lolz....smh
    I have two friends who got beta invite. They have been subbed for a long time due to money not being an issue. One of them buys a new account(yes not shit, a whole new account) every expansion because he cant be arsed to remember the details of the old one.

They play for two weeks once a year. ANd they both got invites for overwatch and Legion :/

I know your pain friend.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random invites have been included in the alpha thus far; it's not been just F&F and media. I know a few people who are in that aren't any of those things.

I'm sure as testing progresses, more and more invites will go out.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    The only REAL "Beta" invite I've been into was WOTLK Beta (MoP doesn't really count since everyone and their grandma had it).

So yeah, I'm with ya buddy.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Hi,
    I just got my alpha invite, I don't think I would be considered because I am not family or friend, I don't have a live stream of any kind, our guild didn't down Archie on mythic, but to my surprise I got an invite yesterday, yes I am kind of bragging but still want to know if anyone else got his/hers.
    I did too :s -- I'm really surprised I got one, never got in before, I didn't even think I had the OPT in available. but seems I got one.

I logged in to the battlenet client on my laptop one night and had Alpha access the following morning.

They pull your system specs through the client now instead of having you manually update your beta profile

You'd think since they're trying to get PvP testing that they'd, you know, actually invite people who actively PvP. Like, everybody over XXXX rating who never got suspended for botting. Good to know they still take PvP balance almost as seriously as Pet Battles.

PvP isn't just about damage tuning. It's about utility, mobility, CC, comps, diminishing returns, burst, etc. There's also a whole host of PvP talents and early class design arguably impacts PvP far more than it does PvE (PvP makes use of more abilities for most specs than PvE, and PvE tuning is, let's be honest, primarily just about number tuning for DPS and HPS).

They need to have actual PvPers with actual experience providing feedback about class designs BEFORE it's basically finalized come the beta — and if you don't think designs are pretty much finalized at that point, you haven't been paying attention (and that's also generally the meeting of "beta" in software development, as opposed to "alpha").

All this ability pruning is causing a lot more havoc and angst among PvPers at the moment. A number of classes and specs are just a mess because they've been pruning tons of skill-oriented abilities that maybe aren't utilized much in PvE. For example, Warriors have lost pretty much all skill-related play (like Spell Reflect), and just have damage buttons. Sub Rogues are an utter disaster that have been turned into a mindless tunneling spec with much of its key control gone. Hunters no longer have traps. Etc, etc etc.

Really, the class designs are kind of a mess right now and they needed to invite some PvPers into alpha about 4 months ago.
    Last edited by dak1; 2016-03-22 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    You'd think since they're trying to get PvP testing that they'd, you know, actually invite people who actively PvP. Like, everybody over XXXX rating who never got suspended for botting. Good to know they still take PvP balance almost as seriously as Pet Battles.
    They just sent out a wave of invites specifically for PvP testing recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I logged in to the battlenet client on my laptop one night and had Alpha access the following morning.

They pull your system specs through the client now instead of having you manually update your beta profile
    i hope not, i havent been able to play on my good computer for months...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    They just sent out a wave of invites specifically for PvP testing recently.
    Yeah, and the OP states he was one of the people who got the invite, and he never PvPs. So it doesn't seem like it was targeted invites like when they invited every 13/13 Mythic Raider.

Another poster below mentioned 2 people who don't even play getting invites.

Honestly, it looks almost like the invites were selected with the intention of avoiding too much feedback, because in non-alpha PvP channels it's been a shitstorm.