Thread: Stop the Prune!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    if you wanna play a game with less buttons go play runescape or heroes of the storm

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the amount in Swtor currently.

Around 15-20 active, 10 or so used in constant rotation, 10 or so situational. has a fair few passives as well but I don't count those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moomoocow83 View Post
    if you wanna play a game with less buttons go play runescape or heroes of the storm
    Hey now, even Runescape has more buttons now than MMO's like GW2

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Warlock, raid environment, 32 keys.
    Enha shammy, rated pvp environment 31 key to use.

You think this isn't a bit too much to have?
    Not at all. There's so many other games you can play if you have a phobia of many buttons or whatever. Games that actually do the low number of buttons well in a lot of cases, which WoW does not, while WoW does do well with a "high" number of buttons.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by moomoocow83 View Post
    there are plenty of abilities but most of you macro them into other shit for example i dnt know any warrior who doesnt have rend or hamstring macroed to his charge, if you want more buttons ditch your multi ability macro's and stop bitching
    I'd rather go back to a time in WoW where I didn't have to macro things to save button space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Not at all. There's so many other games you can play if you have a phobia of many buttons or whatever. Games that actually do the low number of buttons well in a lot of cases, which WoW does not, while WoW does do well with a "high" number of buttons.
    What?

No.

WoW didn't have this button Bloat problem untill they threw everything and the kitchen sink in it without thinking about the long term effects.

No game does well with "High Button Numbers" who even thinks this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I'd rather go back to a time in WoW where I didn't have to macro things to save button space.

What?

No.

WoW didn't have this button Bloat problem untill they threw everything and the kitchen sink in it without thinking about the long term effects.

No game does well with "High Button Numbers" who even thinks this.
    There is no "button bloat problem".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    How u manage 50 abilities with a controller?
    Triggers and bumpers (top buttons) serve as modifiers for abilities. Hit one of those buttons, and it brings up an action bar per say.

Note: The controller supports like 16 buttons I think.
    Last edited by Deavane; 2016-03-23 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious, which MMOs would you say do the 15-20 button setups like Legion well? Every WoW-era MMO (FFXIV, Rift, SWTOR) I've played had way too many abilities and all of the newer ones have too few.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Just curious, which MMOs would you say do the 15-20 button setups like Legion well? Every WoW-era MMO (FFXIV, Rift, SWTOR) I've played had way too many abilities and all of the newer ones have too few.
    I wouldn't know about MMOs, and I didn't mean 15-20 buttons when I said "low", I was thinking more along the lines of the like.. 4-7 abilities in games like Dota/LoL/Diablo3. Legion certainly didn't do it well at least, and reducing it even further won't make it better(in my opinion, obviously).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't like about the prune, is how Blizzard feels the need to keep classes even. The prune messed with my mage pretty hard, mainly due to their gimping of glyphs, and without my glyphs or a druid's symbiosis (pruned), I could no long self-heal. They also took away my shield, seemingly only because they removed shit from other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    How u manage 50 abilities with a controller?
    The shoulder buttons controll the active action bar and the 8 face buttons are your binds. You swap bars on the fly with up to 3 sets of action bars.

So i hear FF is doing very well. Lots of buttons there. So i heard tbc and wrath was the highest peak for wow with zero pruning. I also heard that 99% of ppl palying wow are complete casuals. So there casuals never had problems with 35 keybinds back then. But now the majority asks for 4-6 buttons max. And when warriors and hunters or frost dks for example really asking for less buttons, classes that can be played with a logitech streering wheel ( dont laugh there is youtube video ), i dont even think its funny anymore.

If u complain about to many buttons/timers and complex rotation u never played encha/sub rouge and feral apparently, especially in the snapshotting era.

Wow does not do well with a high number of abilities. Most of them feel shallow and watered down for the sake of having more things to press. Anyone who thinks having more buttons to press is some kind of indicator of skill is a moron. I would much rather have a more indepth ability system with less buttons than the watered down system we have now with multiple buttons.

I'll take less buttons and more complexity over more buttons and watered down "busy work" style of gameplay anyday.

So i hear FF is doing very well. Lots of buttons there. So i heard tbc and wrath was the highest peak for wow with zero pruning. I also heard that 99% of ppl palying wow are complete casuals. So there casuals never had problems with 35 keybinds back then. But now the majority asks for 4-6 buttons max. And when warriors and hunters or frost dks for example really asking for less buttons, classes that can be played with a logitech streering wheel ( dont laugh there is youtube video ), i dont even think its funny anymore.

If u complain about to many buttons/timers and complex rotation u never played encha/sub rouge and feral apparently, especially in the snapshotting era.
    The raid mechnics in these eras-and in Current Final Fantasy-are relatively basic to the shit we do in just normal 5 man dungeons even.

The era of Clockwork rotations it was fine to have more buttons. With The death of Clockwork Rotations and the era of Pirority rotations, the less buttons you have to use to be functional the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't know about MMOs, and I didn't mean 15-20 buttons when I said "low", I was thinking more along the lines of the like.. 4-7 abilities in games like Dota/LoL/Diablo3. Legion certainly didn't do it well at least, and reducing it even further won't make it better(in my opinion, obviously).
    Well, if 15-20 isn't low, then Legion's amount isn't low, so what's the issue?

Don't you know, having more than 1 action bar full of spells is too much for many people to handle, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Like Gw2, jesus christ they went with the bare minimum, I actually think that was designed for console, but couldn't make any deals with Sony, or MS.
    No it was the same way with Guild Wars 1 you only had 8 abilities you can put on your bars at a time and that was your build.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohannon View Post
    Don't you know, having more than 1 action bar full of spells is too much for many people to handle, apparently.
    Using 2 bars for rotational Abilities then two otheres for Cooldowns is fine. Anything beyond that is just excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Using 2 bars for rotational Abilities then two otheres for Cooldowns is fine. Anything beyond that is just excessive.
    as opposed to 1 builder button, 1 spender button, 1 cooldown button and then filling the rest of your 1 bar with racial abilities like canniblize, yeah, that's so functionally better in a priority rotation system.

Edit - I don't even have a problem with low button rotations even. But as opposed to games like gw2, diablo, etc you are given a choice on what your rotation is. a barbarian has a few different set up's depending on gear and such. There is no such choice in wow. It's all static rotations, no variation other then having a couple talent choices that give you the option to move slightly faster ever 45 seconds or something.
    Last edited by Bohannon; 2016-03-23 at 02:55 AM.

Want to know why pruning is necessary? Here's why.

What gives classes depth or complexity isn't numbers but synergy and interactivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    More buttons doesn't always mean more complexity. Most of the time is means just that, more buttons. Rather the complexity come from the activities I'm doing rather than the binds I need to have.