Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Let's not push it. Americans are way too fond of this line of thinking. Next we'll be talking about attempted murder.
    She intentionally drove her car at him. Honestly, pending on the lawyer, they could aim at attempted murder. Though I agree that it is outlandish. Attempted Assault maybe, Careless Driving at the absolutely least.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Did he need to confront her to get the license plate? Did he need to follow her?

No. He chose to do so. That's his right. It's my right to say he was a stupid asshole for doing so.
    It is absolutely your right, as it is everyone else's to say the same about you exercising that right.

As to the people in the thread of the "So what, the police won't pursue that" mindset:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016...oes-viral.html

The relevant quote within:

Toronto police spokesman Mark Pugash said Wednesday the videographer, Ryan Favro, had declined to press a criminal complaint but officers still paid a visit to the woman.

“We’ve cautioned her for assault and parking in a disabled spot, which is really what we can do under the circumstances,” Pugash said.

Pugash declined to name the woman.
    So yeah. Police did care, did follow up, did identify the woman, and did visit her to give her shit. Only the dude declining to press charges is keeping her out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    So he has evidence of Illegal Parking. Which in a handicapped zone has increased fines in my area, not sure about the place they are at though.

Assault due to her throwing two cups of coffee at him, one of which was hot coffee

And Attempted Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

3 different charges, when all he did was ask questions. Sounds like he has a case on his hands, and she could be put in jail for her behavior. Good thing her recorded it, otherwise the judge would likely just side with her over the 'he said, she said' case it could have been.
    At most she could probably get charged with parking in a handicapped spot illegally, assault up to two counts, and reckless endangerment for the driving portion. Which is still a pretty serious set of charges when added up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    He was in the wrong, as was she. This is nothing more than a case of when idiots collide.
    No, she did something wrong, him calling her out on it is NOT wrong.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tons-1.3503154

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tons-1.3503154

What terrible behaviour! We don't stand for this up here.
    How do you feel about these freelance vigilante journalists trying to take matters in their own hands?
    Go for it. As long as they aren't actually hurting someone and shaming assholes, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What a poor woman, we need to stand up for equality by making it clear that it's not ok for women to be questioned or confronted about things.
    Exactly. Women should never have to deal with scrutiny. They already deal with enough, like making our sandwiches and raising our children!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Honestly, I think people should mind their own business. What was it any of this guy's concern? I mean seriously? I get like trying to stop an actual crime like a robbery or kidnapping, but seems like this guy decided to start shit with a lady for nonsense, and then decided to play the "I'm going to the police!" card after he provoked her. There are much bigger things to worry about than some lady parking in a handicap spot. Honestly, I don't even think handicap spots should exist; it's so frustrating trying to find parking somewhere and it's like oh yeah there's a spot up close.. only for it to be handicapped or expectant mothers/mothers with small children. Frustrates the hell out of me.
    He really didn't provoke her in any way to cause this sort of reaction. He asked her if she was disabled and allowed to park in that parking spot. That's not provocation. Her coffee throwing was assault, her awful behavior should get her a ticket. Shaming her is the least punishment she deserves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I live in the U.S. The idea that people with short tempers are armed isn't that farfetched, and we've plenty of stories of shootings that didn't need to happen, but happened because someone wanted to fight with someone they didn't know.

Rule #1: If it's a stranger, don't start a fight unless you can knock them out in one hit or your life is in danger. You don't know who they are, if they're armed, or if you'll end up dying.
    So my post still stands, what world do you live in where you have to be scared of confronting people in any situation?

Deleted
    aye who cares what the woman did... it only potentially inconveniences a person living with a disability. Who cares if some one legged, or otherwise disabled person, is put out cause they have to walk an extra distance. Wimps shouldn't have gotten themselves disabled in the first place then there would be no issue.

All sarcasm aside the woman broke the law by parking in a spot designated for disabled drivers to allow them the opportunity to park close enough that their disability no longer prevents them from being able to go places. She further broke the law by throwing her coffees at the guy. If we ignore the lesser laws or social conventions and allow people to get away with breaking them then where do we draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am pretty much not but if that makes you feel better ok then. I'll let you get back to feeling sorry for all the men this woman has wronged.
    You listed something that's illegal, as being 'incosiderate'. Nice backpedaling though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    In my state at least.

All you need to get one is a prescription and a few dollars. And the prescription is given out with no thought. You can literally call your doctor and say "walking far makes my feet hurt..." and they will write you a prescription for a handicap placard, you don't even need to go into their office or be diagnosed with something.
    Fair enough, but I rather believe situations like that are isolated and in general aren't that large scaled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to intimidate or scare someone by faking to drive into them isn't something that would just pass as a joke, especially not after throwing hot coffee on someone.

I love Toronto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    At most she could probably get charged with parking in a handicapped spot illegally, assault up to two counts, and reckless endangerment for the driving portion. Which is still a pretty serious set of charges when added up.
    Agreed. She is VERY fortunate that the guy didn't press charges. Otherwise she would be in quite a pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    And this is why they feel the need to give out tickets in the first place. Because otherwise people argue that in this and that situation it should be optional. I got news for you, the law isn't up for debate and unless people get reprimanded people like you in this girl would act like it's the jungle.
    I never argued that she was not in the wrong and I agree that a ticket would be entirely appropriate for her inconsiderate parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    So yeah. Police did care, did follow up, did identify the woman, and did visit her to give her shit. Only the dude declining to press charges is keeping her out of trouble.
    She got off real lucky. I would have pressed charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    So my post still stands, what world do you live in where you have to be scared of confronting people in any situation?
    Well, I lived in Texas for a bit.

In a shitty town, working in a shitty area. It wasn't uncommon to see open carries, nor was it uncommon for people in the store to beat the shit out of each other. Hell, we had a nearby street you didn't walk on because you'd get shot.

I'd really rather not risk my life for something as minor as a parking spot. If there was actual danger? I'd like to think I'd help them. But for something as dumb as a parking spot? Forward the video to the cops, why stick around for a confrontation that gives zero value and carries high risk?

Just watched the video. She's kinda cute. She deserves a pass. If she were ugly. She wouldn't deserve a pass. Plus the throwing of the coffee and her insane reaction tells me she's crazy. It brings her 6.5/10 cuteness to a 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    Trying to intimidate or scare someone by faking to drive into them isn't something that would just pass as a joke, especially not after throwing hot coffee on someone.

I love Toronto.
    Probably why the cops showed up anyways after he said he didn't want to file charges. That's actually really nice of the Toronto police, to stop by and basically say, "Hey. You're lucky he's a nice guy. Stop being stupid."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Just watched the video. She's kinda cute. She deserves a pass. If she were ugly. She wouldn't deserve a pass. Plus the throwing of the coffee and her insane reaction tells me she's crazy. It brings her 6.5/10 cuteness to a 7/10.
    ye she is kinda cute, doe. In that super basic "I like guys that wear tapout shirts and backwards flatbills" kind of way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    You should be a Judge. I swear this is exactly how they rule on cases involving a woman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Honestly, I think people should mind their own business. What was it any of this guy's concern? I mean seriously? I get like trying to stop an actual crime like a robbery or kidnapping, but seems like this guy decided to start shit with a lady for nonsense, and then decided to play the "I'm going to the police!" card after he provoked her. There are much bigger things to worry about than some lady parking in a handicap spot. Honestly, I don't even think handicap spots should exist; it's so frustrating trying to find parking somewhere and it's like oh yeah there's a spot up close.. only for it to be handicapped or expectant mothers/mothers with small children. Frustrates the hell out of me.
    what the fuck did i just read

Yes Remove Handicapped Spots so People that are Handicapped have a extra Hard time just because you cant be bothered to look 20secs longer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Probably why the cops showed up anyways after he said he didn't want to file charges. That's actually really nice of the Toronto police, to stop by and basically say, "Hey. You're lucky he's a nice guy. Stop being stupid."

- - - Updated - - -

ye she is kinda cute, doe. In that super basic "I like guys that wear tapout shirts and backwards flatbills" kind of way.
    LMAO!!!! Jersey Shore, Basic Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Maybe she was having a bad day.
    And there are people defending her? You guys are fucked in the head. Guy broke no law, he was nothing more of a reminder to that lady how big of a piece of shit she is.
    READ and be less Ignorant.