10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yet another nail-biter between the Kings and Rangers, headed to OT.

- - - Updated - - -

Kopitar likes playing the Rangers.
    Rangers are such crap lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Rangers are such crap lately.
    They were pretty good in this one, they were out forechecking the Kings and causing a lot of sloppy play, it's just hard to sustain that in a back-to-back situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kings are the second team to clinch a playoff spot, helps a little bit to get rid of the bad taste of last season.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still trying to figure out how Hiller continues to get starts, dude is the worst goalie in the NHL and won't be on our team next season. Maybe we're trying to lose? Fuck if I know but I hate when he plays, almost guarenteed to have 3+ goals against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Still trying to figure out how Hiller continues to get starts, dude is the worst goalie in the NHL and won't be on our team next season. Maybe we're trying to lose? Fuck if I know but I hate when he plays, almost guarenteed to have 3+ goals against.
    I saw they dug up Niklas Backstrom.

Deleted
    I think Backström is one of the best players in NHL

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I saw they dug up Niklas Backstrom.
    He played well too almost shutout the Habs who looked horrendous.

That was a chippy game last night, Calgary friends. I look forward to two of these every season going forward

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda interested to see what they do the next two weeks, they have been solid recently and that gives hope for improvements next year. Having a Calder Cup minor league team is also going to help get the boys more playing time, and I'd be surprised if they don't utterly destroy everyone else whilst doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Kinda interested to see what they do the next two weeks, they have been solid recently and that gives hope for improvements next year. Having a Calder Cup minor league team is also going to help get the boys more playing time, and I'd be surprised if they don't utterly destroy everyone else whilst doing so.
    If the Marlies make it far enough, I think Marner might be eligible to play (not 100% familiar with the rules) as the OHL season will be over.

I believe if the Knights go out early enough... but I don't really see that happening - they will at least be going to the Conference Final barring some insane upset. They were easily the best team in the OHL this year, even if they ended 2nd (albeit tied with Erie in points), and I think the expectation is at least GOING to the Memorial Cup. Highest GF, lowest GA...

In 5-6 weeks, you are going to want to watch those Erie/London Conference Final games btw. The hockey is not great compared to even AHL teams, but they fucking hate each other.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I believe if the Knights go out early enough... but I don't really see that happening - they will at least be going to the Conference Final barring some insane upset. They were easily the best team in the OHL this year, even if they ended 2nd (albeit tied with Erie in points), and I think the expectation is at least GOING to the Memorial Cup. Highest GF, lowest GA...

In 5-6 weeks, you are going to want to watch those Erie/London Conference Final games btw. The hockey is not great compared to even AHL teams, but they fucking hate each other.
    No faith in Sarnia eh?

I know next to nothing about teams from out west or the Q, but I do pay attention to the OHL most of the time (also a plus to keep an eye on prospects, or guys eligible for the draft). Sarnia COULD beat either of the two teams... but I don't think they can beat them 4 times before losing 4 times. But that's why we watch hockey.. because anyone can win any series given the right bounce.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I can't say I'm an expert either I just catch the games on Friday nights they televise on Sportsnet and know which high touted prospects are on which teams. I'm personally cheering for Barrie since we got 2 good prospects on that team (Mangiapane and Fat Ras Andersson) so I wanna see as much of them as possible!

Here's hoping for the quick out for Barrie, get Mangie up to the big team for the end of the season!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy smokes that Leafs game was insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, 3 games in 4 days and the Kings drop 'em all.

Thanks Vancouver for crapping the bed in the last 8 minutes

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Holy smokes that Leafs game was insane
    That game should have been won in regulation, sloppy defensive effort in the later part of that game. Getzlaf is so fucking salty though, he only had an assist on the power play and got shut down hard by Kadri's line.

Kadri had a beast of a game. 2 goals (1 the GWG), 2 assists, and he was defensively pretty solid. Those 4 points is unfortunately the same amount he had over the 13 previous games, including a 6-game pointless streak going into last night. He's been inconsistent this year, but he has shown this year to be a solid 2C option. Either we keep him and have a guy making probably 4.5-5M a night (and be pretty close to worth it), or we trade him, either alone or in a package. If everyone in the business thinks JVR would fetch a 1st + a middling prospect, Kadri surely would fetch roughly the same.