Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I want to play WoW very much. I just don't want to raid.

It shouldn't be a sin to not want to raid I just want to have fun in group activities
    Oh and I understand and am fine with that, but the game has always been fairly linear and the path has always been to gear up and eventually end up in raids. The difference was it was significantly more difficult to gear up and get attuned / raid ready once upon a time than now. So you could very easily never get to the raiding part if you didn't want to.

But yeah I'm not sure why you would have been playing wow all these years if you didn't like the gearing process, because that's all the games ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    The thing is it was not always that way. WoW has become so insanely vertical that people lose sight of all the shit you could do in older versions of the game. Raiding was only a part of it until they decided they wanted to open it up for more people. A side effect of that was that everyone sort of just got funneled into raiding and everything outside of it slowly fell to the wayside.

Sure a lot of things were just flat out boring grinds but other things were not. WoD was the tipping point when they completely emptied the world in favor of Garrisons. Legion looks to be fixing a lot of that but I haven't really been following it deeply because I want to go in as blind as possible for once. Been playing for 10 years now so a somewhat fresh start is welcome.
    I'm curious what you consider as things to do that fit the OP's criteria of not just being the linear gearing up to raid. I got people in my guild right now playing on a vanilla server and at least back then (and every expansion I've ever played) the game was fairly linear and what you had to do was always predominately your standard quest > dungeons > raid and the gearing path you do during that. There was consumables and attunements you had to do along the way, but the path the game set for you was always quests > dungeons > raids.

Many people took their time along the way on that path, and didn't necessarily put as much focus in sprinting across it... but the path has always been consistent.

What people are experiencing now is what hardcore raiders have experienced forever. You run out of content by reaching the point where you've done all the relevant current content and then you're just sitting around bored until the next patch / xpac comes out. That's what happens when you streamline everything so that nothing is time consuming.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really want to have some fun in WoW. The problem is that i don't want to raid.
    Heroic Dungeons, LFR, Mythic Dungeons, Tanaan Jungle they are all activities that lead you to Raiding.

So what can we do in a group activity (that is not raiding) to have fun in WoW? The only purpose to farm gear is to Raid. There is nothing left for us to do.
    I'm going to try everyday to form raids to attack enemy capital cities but they are most likely to fail.

Q: Do you think WoW should have more group activities to do outside of raids?
    WoW is 100% raiding game atm. You can do very little progressive work if you dont want to raid. As you said, everything in pve is pretty much guiding you to raiding in some sense, since it is where the large majority of content is. If you are not a raiding person, and not a person who likes doing stuff like professions, transmorging, achievment hunting> plus more, then you should proberly look for another game undtil legion hits the stores. Challenge modes can give you some fun to do for some days, but that is pretty much it. Unless you are an ultimate pro, then you can not really compete with the world best time.

And PvP.... is WoW pvp. Nothing fancy but some people find it fun to farm.

Blizzard is talking about making more endgame options for Legion, so came back when it comes out. They might lie though, so maybe it will not really work...... All i can really say, is try out Final Fantasy. I have heard they have some more stuff to do.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gathering a group and going for chalenge mode is really hard, so if you want a real challenge that' something to look into.

No, it has more than enough.
    If you don't enjoy the group based PVE in the game then this isn't the game for you.

I can't even fathom what could be added that would help you fill your niche.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to have some fun in WoW. The problem is that i don't want to raid.
    Heroic Dungeons, LFR, Mythic Dungeons, Tanaan Jungle they are all activities that lead you to Raiding.

So what can we do in a group activity (that is not raiding) to have fun in WoW? The only purpose to farm gear is to Raid. There is nothing left for us to do.
    I'm going to try everyday to form raids to attack enemy capital cities but they are most likely to fail.

Since when Tanaan, mythic dungeons lead to raiding? I did both since Last summer and I did not enter in Hellfire Citadel since August.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Have you tried a RP server like Wyrmrest Accord or Moon Guard?
    I'm going to try my best and pretend i'm in a role-play server. Going to spam the LFG for a "Pvp raid to Orgrimmar for fun" but i'm sure no one is going to join

Maybe i'll find some crazy people ^_^

I'm going to try my best and pretend i'm in a role-play server. Going to spam the LFG for a "Pvp raid to Orgrimmar for fun" but i'm sure no one is going to join

Maybe i'll find some crazy people ^_^
    Good luck to you!

As for the actual RP servers, I'm actually not being facetious (though I know MG has a certain reputation). If story and character interest you, there's a lot to do on those servers, and they tend to stay more lively during the content lulls. I've played on non-RP PvE and PvP servers since early 2005, and recently decided to try out the whole RP thing last spring- it made the game feel fresh again, in a lot of ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No, it has more than enough.
    If you don't enjoy the group based PVE in the game then this isn't the game for you.

I can't even fathom what could be added that would help you fill your niche.
    You are such a white knight. Blizzard could murder your family and you'd argue in their favor.

What could be added are new 5 mans etc that continue the gear but also the story. Right now there's mythic 5s and CMs, but the dungeons are actually the old launch nes. Time walking? Do you have ANY FUCKING IDEA how many times I've done all of the 5 mans in this game? Yes, for recent players those can be fun but for those of us who've played since vanilla or BC... I've done all of those, over and over, when they were current.

I want to play WoW very much. I just don't want to raid.

It shouldn't be a sin to not want to raid I just want to have fun in group activities
    I think you should play FFXIV if you want group activity but not raiding you can still have fun in their dungeons.

That's what i will do for the time being. World PvP and arenas.
    I just wish the community had more of a "role play" spirit instead of a "hungry for rewards" mentality.
    It's hard to have fun in WoW if you don't want to step in a raid ever

What i would want to see? A zone filled with hatred of Red VS Blue and hungry for rewards all over the zone probably.
    Why should you want (or expect) so much hatred between red and blue when almost every major story line is about how we need to work together? PvP is the Garrosh mentality.

It's been a while since you had not created a "this game is raid-or-die" thread OP ...

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You find another game and stop trying to pervert the existing one. The devs need to get the dollar signs out of their eyes and tell people "I'm sorry this game is not for you"
    Actually no... WoW used to be able to entertain people 100% of their time being awake... Atleast it did me. Now it doesn't. And we all should be fine with it and just go play another game? Sure "we" all can do so. And I guess a lot of people have. But why can we not expect Blizzard to give us a game we are used to and keep us entertained?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...

Challange mode, PvP-BG's, PvP-Arenas, PvP-RBG, Roleplaying, Timewalking for mount, Mythic for trinkets, Ashran and World PvP..

At least, that is what I do currently.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    What you seek is a different game. Try black desert
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    The problem is if i don't want to raid why would i want to farm gear?
    What about BIS gear for PvP, TW, CM or soloing old raid runs? Or a transmog collection?

Fun is subjective, and WoW still offers something besides raids. Unfortunately, WoD has the least amount of these alternative things to do, but you can always switch of a low level alt to have some variety of gameplay etc.

Some people have fun in doing achievements, or pet battles, or collecting mounts, or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You are such a white knight. Blizzard could murder your family and you'd argue in their favor.

What could be added are new 5 mans etc that continue the gear but also the story. Right now there's mythic 5s and CMs, but the dungeons are actually the old launch nes. Time walking? Do you have ANY FUCKING IDEA how many times I've done all of the 5 mans in this game? Yes, for recent players those can be fun but for those of us who've played since vanilla or BC... I've done all of those, over and over, when they were current.
    Well, my motivation for TW was getting the mounts and gearing up fresh 100 alts. Besides that, the quest chest is also interesting, because I don't raid and hope to collect some interesting looks via these chests, especially Archimonde look for my clothies.

As far as group activities which are not tied into raids, dungeons, ... Will be RP I guess. I never understood RP, and the risk will be on your own. :-p

Hm, ok, alright, weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    He has a point though.

"Raid or die" always has been part of WoW . Sure WoD is the extreme incarnate of that, but the concept of hitting a wall unless you raid is nothing new.

Imho, if Shadowpunkz isn't interested in slow character advancement via gear, WoW is simply put: the wrong game for his tastes, because it was always about grinding some gear in one form or another.

Sure the occasional Main city raid happened, but I can count those at one hand, because ultimately players only do stuff repeatedly that nets them some rewards.

WoW's "sedimentary" non-raid/solo content has been long since exhausted, and WoD's late-game additions weren't much. Factions, dailies, achievements? Professions? Seriously, people, you're telling me professions are remotely as substantive? I'll point to Herald of the Titans as one of the last remaining involved activities; why so many people are trying to do it.

OP, skip this expansion. Nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    What you seek is a different game. Try black desert
    You forget that WoW used to be more like Black Desert... Blizzard changed "in favour of appealing to more masses of players" which wasn't bad I guess for THEM.