Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Professor vows to call 911 on every ‘inappropriate’ ROTC drill.

An associate professor at the University of North Dakota called the police on two ROTC students carrying replica rifles on campus, saying the group’s practice drills are “highly inappropriate” and “irresponsible” in light of recent school shootings. In a letter Sunday to the Grand Forks Herald, Heidi Czerwiec described the panic she felt when she looked up from her office computer to see “two figures in camo with guns” outside her window.

“My first thought is for my students’ and my safety: I grab my phone, crawl under my desk and call 911,” she wrote. The threat, however, was two ROTC students carrying guns on their way to a routine training exercise, Campus Reform reported. “I can barely talk — first, with fear, and then with rage when the dispatcher reports back that yes, in fact, I’ve probably just seen ROTC cadets, though they’re going to send an officer to check because no one has cleared it with them,” Ms. Czerwiec wrote. She said a university officer called her back a few minutes later to inform her that ROTC would be doing the exercises for the next couple of weeks. “So I reply that I guess I’ll be calling 911 for the next couple weeks—and I will. Every time,” Ms. Czerwiec wrote. “It’s not my job to decide whether people carrying guns at school are an actual threat. It’s my job to teach and to get home to my family.

Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...vows-to-call-/
    I mean jeez, that is some chicken little the sky is falling stuff right there. She might want to consider some sort of therapy is my personal opinion.

Edit: Oh boy that is about what I expected...

Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-03-24 at 04:43 AM.

Vote for Trump. People like that will flee the country.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I mean jeez, that is some chicken little the sky is falling stuff right there. She might want to consider some sort of therapy is my personal opinion.

Edit: Oh boy that is about what I expected...

Yes, why would anyone think that guys with guns might be related to something after Brussels ?

Silly women ! They are not Muslims, which is okay to be mortally afraid of.

I can see it now: Women goes to jail after calling 911 multiple times during a week for ROTC drills.

Seriously, does she not grasp the fact that she is tieing up a 911 operator from helping someone with a Real emergency? Can't wait until she gets the book thrown at her. I am sure she may even get fired since she was told ahead of time about this now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I'm sure they'll make the ROTC apologize for triggering this delicate snowflower soon enough.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Why is some random person having a less than idealistic opinion headline news we care about?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Deggan View Post
    Vote for Trump. People like that will flee the country.
    Always helpful to insinuate that you need to purge the country.

Eh I can kind of understand her fears. The last thing you want to happen is have your school be the next one on the news for a shooting but she is sort of acting paranoid especially since she was just told those ROTC cadets are going to show up for a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I'm sure they'll make the ROTC apologize for triggering this delicate snowflower soon enough.
    If you read the article the school is going to be contacting her personally every day they are going to have drills. This is in addition to school wide notifications...

What can I say ? Some people are triggered by guns, some people are triggered by people that looks like Muslims.

But what can I say ? There is one country in the world in which ''ban all Muslims'' seems like a jolly idea and ''guns at schools might not be a good idea'' ''a kommie plot''
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-03-24 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Why is some random person having a less than idealistic opinion headline news we care about?
    If you don't care don't click. Willpower is a bitch ain't it?

Deleted
    It's not exactly hard to look like a military person, especially since were probably not talking about dress uniform here. so yeah one can understand the confusion. especially given the frequency of schootings i think it's reasonable to put your guns in a bag and inform campus security when you are transporting them over campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Probably because the idiot intends to call 911 and tie up emergency services for no reason for weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

If you read the article the school is going to be contacting her personally every day they are going to have drills. This is in addition to school wide notifications...
    But she said she'll be calling everyday. Expect an apologize from ROTC any day now. This is the PC America we live in. They didn't consider her feelings or consult her before doing their drills, ergo, everyone BUT her was in the wrong.

If you don't care don't click. Willpower is a bitch ain't it?
    Half the posts on this forum are some conservative dude posting some random's opinion as an immediate threat to their way of life. I feel it my duty to step in once in a while and wave my arms around ineffectually.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Once again, only Americans, of the entire world, think that ''two guys with assault rifle and camo gear'' is normal in an university.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Probably because the idiot intends to call 911 and tie up emergency services for no reason for weeks.
    You should see what school parents threaten to do all the time without making news stories :\

7+ Year Old Account
    So is she new at the school? Did she just realize that there is a ROTC in the school and that part of ROTC is military drill?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Once again, only Americans, of the entire world, think that ''two guys with assault rifle and camo gear'' is normal in an university.
    Well, if they specifically tell you these guys are ROTC, then there isn't really thing out of the norm for them to dress the way they do and carry the gear they do.

Well, if they specifically tell you these guys are ROTC, then there isn't really thing out of the norm for them to dress the way they do and carry the gear they do.
    Don't get baited lol

sarahtasher is nothing but a troll, you've been warned! :P

Infracted- Post constructively, not just to call other users trolls
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-03-25 at 03:23 AM.