Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    <Mod image snips>
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-03-24 at 03:35 PM.

So admits she going to break the law by abusing the 911 system

Sooo how do stupid people get to become professors?

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Now the country is so divided. Some of the people want everyone to own guns no matter who they are, or what crimes they've committed, all under the guise of "freedom". Now we're wanting to kick out/monitor everyone from one religion to keep ourselves safe.
    Hyperbole much?

Then you have people freaking out over unlocking a Iphone of known terrorists when it could lead to real information.
    Without jumping down this rabbit hole, it is more then just one phone. There are hundreds even thousands more phones that would be ordered unlocked if Apple was to create a way to sabotage their own software and customers. The FEDS brought the case forward with this phone because they know it will hit Americans in the "FEELS" if it was a terrorists phone and not some random drug dealers phone (which they have hundreds waiting to unlock).

Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too.

People either;

- Want the government to not infringe on a single right and think they can somehow defend themselves against terrorist threats.

-They're okay with the government infringing upon rights to stop terrorism as long as it's none of their rights.

-Then there's those who are willing to have certain "rights" limited or monitored in this period when terrorism is rampant.

Our country hasn't and probably won't decide what the best method is until long after its too late.
    What else is new? Americans are hypocritical. They will spout out about wanting cheap products, but complain their jobs are moved overseas. They complain about evil greedy corporations making billions but line up around the block for the newest iPhone, XBOX, Playstation etc...etc..

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, let's knock off the random "feminist haircut"/"starter pack" posting. It's detracting from the discussion.

I hope she does call because she will get arrested for false reports

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousGamer View Post
    And what if someone gets one of these uniforms, has a real gun and starts shooting everyone? Giving the number of mass shootings in the US a little common sense over this wouldn't go astray.
    It would look bizarre because it'd be one guy with a gun, not a group marching and drilling in a formation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    If you want to play soldiers, go to a field far far away from normal people.
    You are aware they're used for marching drills and not for combat training right? ROTC doesn't do combat training.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe in Baisc Training and AIT, but I've never heard of my husband getting issued a gun to go march. I can't even remember him going on a marching drill. There's group runs during PT, but they're sure as hell not jogging with weapons.

It's somethng that's done on special occasions, like a funeral or an event, but they don't really march. My husband says the only time he's done it is during AIT, color guard, and when he was on Funeral detail.
    In ROTC they were just wooden fake guns. They weren't real guns with the firing pins removed or anything like that, they were just wooden toys basically. They were solid wood with a false trigger attached for appearance.

They don't issue real guns for military drills in ROTC.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm triggered by her feminist, maternical haircut.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling 911 for something that one knows is not an actual emergency, especially when one admitted to it beforehand, should be prosecuted harshly to the fullest extent allowable by the law, and it would be beyond shameful for the school to not fire her immediately for engaging in criminal activity through her current position if she does it even once. Regardless of one's political views, removing emergency services from positions where they are actually needed is criminally negligent, and in all honesty anyone who is agreeing with her is just putting their political biases above the safety of the public, both in terms of police forces accidentally shooting at students doing things they are fully permitted to do by the school and the law, and by removing aid from those who actually need it.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2016-03-24 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Calling 911 for something that one knows is not an actual emergency, especially when one admitted to it beforehand, should be prosecuted harshly to the fullest extent allowable by the law, and it would be beyond shameful for the school to not fire her immediately for engaging in criminal activity through her current position if she does it even once. Regardless of one's political views, removing emergency services from positions where they are actually needed is criminally negligent, and in all honesty anyone who is agreeing with her is just putting their political biases above the safety of the public, both in terms of police forces accidentally shooting at students doing things they are fully permitted to do by the school and the law, and by removing aid from those who actually need it.
    This is what I don't understand. What she's effectively saying is "I now understand this is not an emergency situation and I am not in any danger. I intend to call emergency services anytime it happens anyway." This is actually illegal.

Also, why now? How long has she been working at this university? Has she never seen ROTC students before this instance? Is she not aware that ROTC is a thing? People in uniforms with guns cause her to panic... does she realize 911 will just send more people in uniforms with guns to investigate? I have so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    Is that place some kind of military academy ? I am also confused why these two gentlemen carrying highly effective weaponry on a normal university campus is normal... Must be the Canadian in me.
    No that would probably be the lazy in you, because clearly you didn't bother to read anything posted.

Because by "highly effective weaponry" you meant inert practice plastic/wooden guns, then sure OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    Isn't that a crime ?
    I think that depends on the local jurisdiction.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Oh im sure that they all act appropriately and proper.

Im also sure one could buy a similar looking/exact same outfit, similar looking/exact same real gun (someone said earlier they use real guns filled with cement), practise military gait/mannerisms for a afternoon and walk around campus all day without anyone being the wiser one's not supposed to be there. (or at least go unnoticed long enough to get to where one wanted to schoot people).

the public is understandably on edge about school shootings so it seems reasonable to react to that as the military by limiting the amount of (real looking) guns you carry around in civilian schools/areas.
    Somebody could dress up as a cop and carry a real weapon too. Why don't we call 911 each time we see a cop then call again when more show up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    They are drill rifles. 90% of drill rifles don't have working internal parts.
    Sounds... great.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No that would probably be the lazy in you, because clearly you didn't bother to read anything posted.

Because by "highly effective weaponry" you meant inert practice plastic/wooden guns, then sure OK.
    Not trying to start a fight here but yeah I already responded to the fact that people in the thread did point it out. I went from the article only and they did not specify. The "clearly you didn't bother to read anything posted" also applies to you here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Once again, only Americans, of the entire world, think that ''two guys with assault rifle and camo gear'' is normal in an university.
    When its a college with a ROTC attachment? Yes.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    When its a college with a ROTC attachment? Yes.
    You really think we don't have this, even in Canada ?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    North Dakota is practically Canada.
    Canada would never allow military exercises at a civilian school. Thankfully.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You laugh at her now, but the moment anything does go wrong all anyone wants to ask is why nobody spoke up and prevented it.
    Like if we asked why no one stopped her when the police are told there are a pair of strangers on campus bearing love firearms and shoot before asking more? Informing the police of a situation with live firearms when there is not is beyond criminal, and any self respecting university would kick her out for endangering the lives of students for her political agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You laugh at her now, but the moment anything does go wrong all anyone wants to ask is why nobody spoke up and prevented it.
    The problem is not her initial call, its her willful actions to clog up the 911 system and police time knowing damn well beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    it's a civilian school i don't think it's very routine there.

seriously just put your guns in a bag when carrying them trough civvies, who you shouldn't expect to know better.
    The Army ROTC has been operating on the campus of UND and doing drills of this type since the year 1918...