Quote Originally Posted by TindalosKeeper View Post
    Have you recently revealed the key to yourself? Or you revealed it and left it lying around in your own Humble Bundle page for days/months?

If the key hasn't been revealed at all, then it's certain the key is still "minty fresh", I'd red flag those that are visible to you already.
    Sorry, yes, I meant the previously revealed keys. I used to generate all of the keys once I got a bundle, but now I only generate the ones I need and leave the rest unrevealed, so I'd assume those unrevealed ones were still viable.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Sorry, yes, I meant the previously revealed keys. I used to generate all of the keys once I got a bundle, but now I only generate the ones I need and leave the rest unrevealed, so I'd assume those unrevealed ones were still viable.
    I don't know of any way, except to try them. That being said, it means you basically have to just give them away in a public setting or message (not a giveaway basically) and have the disclaimer they may not work.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I don't know of any way, except to try them. That being said, it means you basically have to just give them away in a public setting or message (not a giveaway basically) and have the disclaimer they may not work.
    That's why I was suggesting a Key Dump thread in the Steamgifts.com page. There's a Megathread about it too.

Or preferably just give them to a friend to try! A friend is better trusted than a ninja, am I right? Haha!

I always reveal all my keys and copy them to a document with the game name in front of them. Which is also synced with onedrive so I don't lose them. ^^

I would just make a giveaway for those keys you are unsure about, and just put it as a note in the description that they may have been used already. And if you find out they are used later then its just to message the person that won it and ask him to write a comment about his approval of the deletion of the giveaway in the comment section of the giveaway and then contact steamgifts support for deletion of the giveaway so it doesn't take up one slot for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    I would just make a giveaway for those keys you are unsure about, and just put it as a note in the description that they may have been used already. And if you find out they are used later then its just to message the person that won it and ask him to write a comment about his approval of the deletion of the giveaway in the comment section of the giveaway and then contact steamgifts support for deletion of the giveaway so it doesn't take up one slot for you.
    It's... kind of cruel for a winner of Steamgifts.com to just find out that the key the OP have is already used.

"Hey, you won the giveaway! Unfortunately, my key is used, so... you lose..."

I won my first giveaway against 594 other users, the chance to win was like 0.16%, I would've been pissed if the OP comes to me and says that, lol!

Unless that is acceptable...

It's... kind of cruel for a winner of Steamgifts.com to just find out that the key the OP have is already used.

"Hey, you won the giveaway! Unfortunately, my key is used, so... you lose..."

I won my first giveaway against 594 other users, the chance to win was like 0.16%, I would've been pissed if the OP comes to me and says that, lol!

Unless that is acceptable...
    Well as I said, he'd put it in the description so people would know in advance, and he should do it in the group as well where people are easier to contact and would help him out in deleting the giveaway, and the chances are far from so low in the group since we sometimes fail to even reach 5 people.

Well as I said, he'd put it in the description so people would know in advance, and he should do it in the group as well where people are easier to contact and would help him out in deleting the giveaway, and the chances are far from so low in the group since we sometimes fail to even reach 5 people.
    Ah, you are referring to private giveaways, right?

Well, then I guess if you guys are accustomed to situations like this, and it's all about sharing games to each other, then I guess it's all good and games!

It's either a Private Giveaway to the group, a giveaway to a friend in specific, or just dump it somewhere for people to grab!

I've just verified that every Steam key I've activated is listed in my license history (https://store.steampowered.com/account/licenses/) as "Retail", as opposed to "Steam Store" for the games I purchased directly from Steam. So I suppose that could be one way to cross-reference which old Humble keys I've actually used.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I've just verified that every Steam key I've activated is listed in my license history ([Redacted: Url]) as "Retail", as opposed to "Steam Store" for the games I purchased directly from Steam. So I suppose that could be one way to cross-reference which old Humble keys I've actually used.
    Hmmm... Yeah, that could be a way to do it.

But I'd use the advice of Knslyr, use the keys you aren't sure they are activated on Private Giveaways for the thread regulars in here, or just give them to your friends.

For the other unused keys that you are sure they are unused, then you can do whatever with them!

Deleted
    Oh! Yeah, I'm aware this is a Humble Bundle thread. I'm saying about doing it on another thread!

Still, thanks for the warning!

Note to myself: When can I have permission to add URL's?
    It's either 10 or 15 posts that you can post URLs, it's to stop spam bots. So shouldn't be long

@bbr
    Did you send the indiegala gift link already? Just wanted to let you know that I have not received anything, if you did send it.
    yup ages ago.
    check your spam folder, i just clicked send again

Oh noes, Goodbye Deponia giveaway ended without a winner
    Anyone here interested by any chance? I think I found the right key.

- - - Updated - - -

Same for Frankenstein: Master of Death.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind Frankenstein if it's still going. Not played Deponia yet to know if the others are worth it, and I'd probably not play that one for a good while anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    yup ages ago.
    check your spam folder, i just clicked send again
    Yea couldn't find it there or any trace of it. Well no matter, I got your new mail, thanks for the giveaway! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Oh noes, Goodbye Deponia giveaway ended without a winner
    Anyone here interested by any chance? I think I found the right key.
    If Rixis wants Frankenstein, maybe can I have Deponia? I'm an achievement hunter!

If not, then it's all fine!

Thanks for offering keys to people!

I have a current one going on, a public one, just a little Level 1+ one. Once I can post URL's, I can show it!

Edit: Also, are there any bundle sites I should stay clear off?

Like, they might have shady business and stuff?

Thanks for the answer beforehand.
    Last edited by TindalosKeeper; 2016-03-24 at 06:41 PM.

http://www.indiegamebundles.com/category/free/
    2 new games up.

If someone wins a steam gift - and does not activate the game,. even if they say they claimed it,. the receiver can get a ban for X hours or days. iirc?
    so putting in the description "it may not work",. i dont think the system likes that.
    Last edited by bbr; 2016-03-24 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Is Darkeon on here? I won Shadowrun from him, but shortly before already won it, so I sent him a steamgift message if it's possible to reroll the gift for someone else, but haven't heard back yet.

Superthanks for the giveaway, and sorry for the trouble :/
    It's alright~ been feeling under the weather, so didn't notice earlier! Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    If someone wins a steam gift - and does not activate the game,. even if they say they claimed it,. the receiver can get a ban for X hours or days. iirc?
    so putting in the description "it may not work",. i dont think the system likes that.
    But they shouldn't mark it as "Received", they should write in the comments section that it did not work and that they approve of the giveaways deletion, then the OP contacts steamgifts support through the deletion system and asks them to remove the giveaway.

That is what I did to remove an accidental double giveaway after a winner had already been chosen on the 2nd one that had a key that was already used.

If Rixis wants Frankenstein, maybe can I have Deponia? I'm an achievement hunter!

If not, then it's all fine!
    Sorry, both keys are gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Sorry, both keys are gone already.
    No! The horror!

Yeah, it's fine!

I think I can post my public giveaway, now that I have the required posts:

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/3nOM3/insurgency

This is my current profile:

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/TindalosKeeper

Hope I can do more giveaways later!

Edit: Yay! I have the ability to add URL's!