Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legion Alpha Boredom

I got the alpha, though I didn't especially want it. I dinked around with it a bit, but now i'm bored and need suggestions on what to do there.

In past expansions I have answered questions and junk for peeps who can't get in, but most of the info seems pretty widely publicized so unless someone has some kind of very specific question or whatever that isn't covered already, I dunno.

Also I just got off work so i'm horribly bored. I do have some cheap streaming software i've used in the past to show my friends how to do challenge modes and also a little gameplay in games they don't have, might could stream some alpha if anyone cared about it.

Imma go resume rewatching game of thrones getting ready for the new season and check back once in a while to see if anyone has replied. If not, no bigs.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since there's no real progression on non live realms I can understand, though, do you know if there's anything new on the BMAH ?
    And as for transmog, do you know if you unlock all items that you did not pick after completing a quest ?
    And so far is it an appearance collection system or an item collection system ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Since there's no real progression on non live realms I can understand, though, do you know if there's anything new on the BMAH ?
    And as for transmog, do you know if you unlock all items that you did not pick after completing a quest ?
    And so far is it an appearance collection system or an item collection system ?

As for new stuff on BMAH, I don't know. But I can tell you this... The BMAH panda lady is in the dalaran sewers. And strangely enough, the entirety of the dalaran sewers seems to be an open PVP area. You become like, arena flagged as soon as you step foot in there. I even accidently attacked some folks by blade dashing around down there. Dunno if all that is intended or going to make it to live, but that is how it exists currently.

Blues said you unlock all appearances from quest rewards, even the ones you don't pick.

And the collection system is kinda both actually. The way it works is you see all the appearances, little squares that have the graphic for what it looks like, then when you click on it it shows you a list of every item in the game that uses that model and you can tab through them and it tells you where you can get them and which versions you have unlocked. Doesn't really matter what version you get, presumably it's for completionist types who 'gotta catch em all'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. So, the collection is currently 35780 gear+7417 weapon (without counting the retired BoE that will likely cost hundreds of thousands). Brutal is pretty much the word to describe it :P

Most of the transmog types, like shoulders or whatever, had about 250ish appearances. And within those appearances, it varied between 1 item with that look to like 7+ in some of them, but usually around 3-4ish. That is also leather-only appearances, as I was on a demon hunter when I was lookin through.

- - - Updated - - -

After paying a bit more attention, I notice that when you complete quests you get the lil message saying you receive whatever piece of loot, then another message saying "item added to appearances" or something like that. The item you didn't pick. So yeah, there you go.

Do grey and white (trash) items appear in the transmog collection? They said as long as it is correct kind of gear it should, but you've never been able to mog it so far..

Nope, just checked. No grey or white items. Did discover that they changed heirloom color to a light blue though instead of the gold color it has now.

The system also has a lil filter for Collected and Not collected, and then you can check boxes by boss drop, world drop, quest, vendor, profession, and achievement.

354 leather chest appearances, across 20 pages.

Also the weapon enchant transmog mess is built in as well, so you can change the enchant appearance on your weps with it too.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2016-03-25 at 07:03 AM.

Could you maybe check for me if goblin hunters start with a mechanical chicken in this newest alpha build?
    Maybe if you would like to stream somelow level gnome and goblin hunter leveling straight from the alpha?
    Much obliged and thank you in advance! :}

Goblin still starts with a crab.
    Gnome does start with a mechanical bunny.

Oh wow, i forgot how much they changed hunter, I haven't played it any yet. Cobra shot is instant and costs focus now. They turned it into arcane shot. XD

I would stream, but it's much too late for that now. I need to hit the sack, perhaps tomorrow after work. I gotta get some sleep now.

Also, not sure that this matters much but it's default name is "Mechanical".

You could go try to find game breaking bugs or little hiccups that can be repeated.

7+ Year Old Account
    the alpha is for testing not for entertainment.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    This x infinity.

Ah yes, the age-old mantra of people who want to get access to all the alphas and betas just to play around and try to fool others (and themselves) that it is for the best that they get in because of what a good job they would do testing for blizzard. I have heard this same line repeated during every single one. People preach up and down you are there to test and find bugs, not to enjoy it and claim vehemently that if THEY were in, they would do their "job" instead of the slackers that are in there now.

I didn't ask to get in alpha, i didn't want to be in alpha, I was put in for things outside my control because of my status. And I already have a job, i'm not going to "work" finding bugs and exploits for blizzard free of charge. I did that for a couple of the betas and alphas a long time ago, but as my interest in this game dwindles, my desire to go above and beyond has burned out.

In short, you mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Ah yes, the age-old mantra of people who want to get access to all the alphas and betas just to play around and try to fool others (and themselves) that it is for the best that they get in because of what a good job they would do testing for blizzard. I have heard this same line repeated during every single one. People preach up and down you are there to test and find bugs, not to enjoy it and claim vehemently that if THEY were in, they would do their "job" instead of the slackers that are in there now.

I didn't ask to get in alpha, i didn't want to be in alpha, I was put in for things outside my control because of my status. And I already have a job, i'm not going to "work" finding bugs and exploits for blizzard free of charge. I did that for a couple of the betas and alphas a long time ago, but as my interest in this game dwindles, my desire to go above and beyond has burned out.

In short, you mad.
    Don't play it then but as you have been told it is primarily for testing and not entertainment. I mean if you don't want to play it fair enough but it's not an early access demo. Also if you ticked the box in your preferences to be signed up for all future betas then you gave yourself a chance.

That is the most idiotic thing i have read all week.

You are invited for both.

Not TESTING alone.

You are there to VOICE your opinion, as well as FOR others TO VOICE their Opinions and other things ABOUT the Alpha, not just about testing shit.

The Alpha is more about this than the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Why? Alpha and Beta aren't pre-release demos they are primarily for testing or that is what is hoped from them. Reporting bugs/feedback from content.

7+ Year Old Account
    true=/= idiotic.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why? Alpha and Beta aren't pre-release demos they are primarily for testing or that is what is hoped from them. Reporting bugs/feedback from content.
    You are there to test the stuff yes, but you are also there to VOICE what you find FUN and what (more importantly *looking with dread on WoD*) You want changed.

It is for PEOPLE to voice and say "No DONT do this, This isnt Fun."

- - - Updated - - -

true=/= idiotic.

You are there to test the stuff yes, but you are also there to VOICE what you find FUN and what (more importantly *looking with dread on WoD*) You want changed.

It is for PEOPLE to voice and say "No DONT do this, This isnt Fun."
    Oh for sure but the primary focus is testing at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Nope, just checked. No grey or white items. Did discover that they changed heirloom color to a light blue though instead of the gold color it has now.

The system also has a lil filter for Collected and Not collected, and then you can check boxes by boss drop, world drop, quest, vendor, profession, and achievement.

354 leather chest appearances, across 20 pages.

Also the weapon enchant transmog mess is built in as well, so you can change the enchant appearance on your weps with it too.
    So I wonder then how this works for the classic cases of class armor sets and then those off-set pieces that use a class armor set appearance.

If I unlock the class armor set - say I get death knight T_ shoulders, and there's also an item from that same raid tier that looks the same but is a non-set piece, so thus, my warrior or paladin could wear it, do I get that appearance for my other plate wearers by unlocking the DK tier piece by virtue of the fact that it is an "appearance" and a not-class-specific item exists?

So I guess a better way of saying it is will unlocking the appearance via any one of X items that use that appearance just unlock it in general, assuming there exist non-class-specific appearances?
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.