Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    he is the lead narrative designer. he oversees the overall direction and the narrative of the lore. so no, he is not just the "quest/writing" guy.
    You have just given the formal title of the "quest/writing guy". That's what he's in charge of, quest design and the writing. That's still not the guy in charge of the lore. That would be Sean Copeland, if I am not mistaken. As I said, there's overlap, but he's not the historian.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    You have just given the formal title of the "quest/writing guy". That's what he's in charge of, quest design and the writing. That's still not the guy in charge of the lore. That would be Sean Copeland, if I am not mistaken. As I said, there's overlap, but he's not the historian.
    His role as a historian seems to be primarily as a reference for what already exists so that every employee doesn't need to know every detail, but as far as the decision making process goes he's not the one that gets to make the final call. The manner in which he's "in charge of the lore" is probably not how banestalker meant it.

The guy in charge of lore has always and most likely always will be Metzen. I really don't know where people ever got the idea that Kosak is in charge. No doubt Kosak certainly comes up with a lot of ideas but he does not have final say.

https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...92508223836160

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    The guy in charge of lore has always and most likely always will be Metzen. I really don't know where people ever got the idea that Kosak is in charge. No doubt Kosak certainly comes up with a lot of ideas but he does not have final say.

I thought Metzen isn't in the Warcraft-Team anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._story/d1ay8en

He "retconned" himself almost immediately fortunately.

Thank goodness cause I totally would have not been cool with that twist.
    He said that for damage control. I'd say him saying Azeroth will never wake up means that Azeroth will never wake up. It cracks me up how blizzard destroys things before we ever get a chance to see it play out. Like the Pantheon being killed. As if that wasn't bad enough, blizzard says Amanthul cast a spell to save their spirits. However that shit failed and their spirits are dead now too. So that's just fucking awesome. Having all the detailed Titan lore now and never getting to see the Titans.

And now we get this lore about Azeroth only to find out it doesn't matter because they'll never ever have him awaken so meh. Thanks blizzard! And I love how Metzen still gets shit on. He hasn't been writing the lore anymore since Cata ended after everyone shit on him then too. Kosaks been leading us ever since. And before anyone says it yes metzen shame is on the chronicle book but that's because the old stories/lore in it were his writing from a decade ago.

I wish they'd never have released this chronicle book if they've no plans for anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I thought Metzen isn't in the Warcraft-Team anymore.
    Nowhere has it ever been said that Metzen left the Warcraft team. Overwatch was announced and rumors flew around that Metzen stopped working on Warcraft to focus primarily on Overwatch. Like good sheeple a lot of morons immediately believed these rumors to be fact without doing research for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account

Metzen would just say go for it with whatever lore is written. He isn't nor has he been writing anymore. He said as much at last years Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Nowhere has it ever been said that Metzen left the Warcraft team. Overwatch was announced and rumors flew around that Metzen stopped working on Warcraft to focus primarily on Overwatch. Like good sheeple a lot of morons immediately believed these rumors to be fact without doing research for themselves.
    ....Ugh I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    He isn't nor has he been writing anymore. He said as much at last years Blizzcon.
    Excellent proof you have there. Just a vague "at least years Blizzcon" with no mention of what day or what interview or whenever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    He "retconned" himself almost immediately fortunately.

Thank goodness cause I totally would have not been cool with that twist.
    Indeed. It's the same bullshit story told at the end of Warcraft 3 and Cataclysm. The 'Age of Mortals' talk. It's getting really boring.

But it's not a twist though, it's the most likely outcome and I already called it when this whole fiasco with a 'world soul' started. It's simply Blizzard's straight forward writing, zero innovation, zero imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The thread became pointless after page 1 basically, I'm surprised to see how this went all the way to page 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent proof you have there. Just a vague "at least years Blizzcon" with no mention of what day or what interview or whenever.
    Yes im sorry I don't remember the exact interview he said it in. It was a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Yes im sorry I don't remember the exact interview he said it in. It was a year ago.
    Crazy, the credits say "Written by Chris Metzen"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dithemoira312 View Post
    Crazy, the credits say "Written by Chris Metzen"
    For what, the book? Yeah that's because he would get credit for the lore he wrote. Much of the chronicles info is as old as 2001.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I don't understand why people (like the OP) take this stuff so personally. Its their lore, and they can do what they want with it. And frankly its probably for the best if the planet doesn't wake up. How would you top that? Hell, how would the mortal races survive if suddenly Azeroth 'woke up' and took on some titan-ish form to fight Sargeras or whatever? I'm content with my characters' planet staying a planet, personally.
    Agree. Don't forget majority of WoW players, especially lore followers are complete nerds and take this shit to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is my "Avatar of Azeroth" title is what I want to know!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Where is my "Avatar of Azeroth" title is what I want to know!
    Will come for the Item-Shop.

"When Azeroth wakes up, it's the end of the story"

No, it isn't. Not even close. Here are some ideas what they could do after that:
    1. Burning Legion might be after any residual energy Azeroth left in our planet when it got born - why? Oh, let's say Azeroth or us or both kill Sargeras and some folks in the demon land might want him back and they need that energy to revive him.
    2. Void Lords/Old Gods/Legion might just want to nuke us for screwing them over.
    3. They might introduce a new threat on a different planet - oh, I don't know... some other Old Gods who found a way to merge and forge a body for their masters, or a corrupted world soul, or a world soul that needs saving, etc. Or maybe just a bunch of crazy dudes that want to take our planet. Whatever.

Or they can just focus on US, i.e. the inhabitants of the planet. Or have us explore some hidden areas of Azeroth or some new planets just for lulz.
    Either way - they can do a lot of stuff. Sure, they might not have a "bigger" villain, but at the end of the day... Technically the LK was a "smaller" villain than the Burning Legion, yet I think he was very enjoyable. So... yeah - I think that you can have an interesting storyline even without the whole big, overarching cosmic plot or a giant villain sitting somewhere and plotting our demise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth awakens, leads the Army of Light against Sargeras and the Burning Legion - Sargeras is destroyed and the Legion is scattered. Azeroth travels to Doom World and recovers the bodies of the fallen pantheon, then crafts them into six new worlds and places the last sparks of their power (which they had sent to Azeroth's Keepers) within the new worlds, so they can be reborn in the future. Azeroth populates them with all the beings who once dwelt on her - humans, orcs, etc.

Azeroth travels with the naaru into the Void to confront the Voidlords, leaving the new worlds behind. Unbeknownst to her, Sargeras' remains form a seventh world, filled with Sargeras' remaining evil. The seven titan-worlds eventually become connected through portals. Inevitably... war were declared.

Worlds of Wacraft

7+ Year Old Account
    I want to believe that Kosak was figurative talking and not really serious. Specially because of that last line.

Like. "You don't need Azeroth to wake up. We are Azeroth" kind of speech.

I don't think he was joking, its a shame player characters are too OP now anyway would have been nice to have a titan put us in our place.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft