Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Honestly, when I read that he pretty much just makes it horribly depressing to be horribly depressing I reconsidered reading it, because if I know that it's all "just on purpose" I wouldn't feel anything for the characters. Just like you don't fall for a trick if you know that it's one.

I'll probably start it at some point just to see if it really is that way.
    I'm not sure if it is that way. I didn't reject it because he was being dark for dark's sake. It's that his take on the world was so utterly devoid of meaning that I couldn't relate at all.

You didn't really miss out on anything, imo. There was nothing above a 7/10 this season.
    The only one I might disagree on is Grimgar; have to see how that finishes up first. Otherwise, I agree. I enjoyed watching things as they came out just for the weekly anticipation, but as they finish up there's nothing I think I'll ever rewatch or revisit.

Oddly, Konosuba comes out of this season as the only series that does what it set out to do. The rest felt like they faltered or lost their way in some fashion. I don't rate Konosuba highly, but I appreciate that it wanted to be a goofy, fanserservice-laden comedy and it was...a goofy, fanservice-laden comedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Koukaku no Pandora 12 - that fucking thigh folder. :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Anime is obviously dead
    Megumin will save anime in season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Anime is obviously dead
    Only watched norn + galko...not much to comment on either
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    8am - 8pm shift today. 2 hours to go

the whisky is calling to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    8am - 8pm shift today. 2 hours to go

the whisky is calling to me
    You're only one hour behind compared to me?

Damn.

Why do I always suppose in my head that canadians live in their Pacific border :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Only watched norn + galko...not much to comment on either
    Filthy liar.

Aside from that, Shouwa Genroku and Boku Dake were the best shows we had this season and Shouwa Genroku lost me on the Rokugo parts whereas the rest was really solid and Boku Dake just decided to commit suicide shortly before the finish line. I honestly don't know if the rating I ended up giving to Boku Dake is going to stay where it is, but right now I can't say. I'm still pretty disappointed.
    Speaking of Shouwa Genroku, I've been downloading the episodes since the season started but haven't watched a single one of them yet. I was never in a big rush to start it because posts about it died out almost completely until your posts today. I guess it stayed good?

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    and then make it explode?

Please, anime will be saved next season by Emilia.

She has the same VA as Megumin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Filthy liar.
    about what I watched today? or that there's not much to comment on those 2?
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    about what I watched today? or that there's not much to comment on those 2?
    Jumping in with people who are saying they didn't watch much/anything at all this season with your comments on what you watched today!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Jumping in with people who are saying they didn't watch much/anything at all this season with your comments on what you watched today!
    Must've been me just getting off work. I somehow mis-read that as thread is obviously dead...
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    galko
    s2 pls
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-03-25 at 11:01 PM.

GATE - low side of 8/10. Still an entertaining show despite the story being pretty weak this season. Was nice to see the OP from s1, I love that song.

Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko - It did what it wanted to do really well. A very soft and grounded experience. 8/10.

I honestly don't know if the rating I ended up giving to Boku Dake is going to stay where it is, but right now I can't say. I'm still pretty disappointed.
    Personally I think you were a little hard on it, giving it a 7. Regarding the finale, I didn't like how he revealed he had his memories back at the end of episode 11, only to have to wait a week to find out why it wasn't a complete ass-pull. That honestly made me so anxious about how it was going to end that it may have affected my enjoyment of the finale.

My other complaint was the same as yours, if I remember right: not enough Airi. After sleeping on it and reading the last dozen chapters over again, I actually kinda like how the anime handled it better. (Manga spoilers): Having Airi show up at the hospital to "save" Satoru from the photographers felt a little contrived and convenient, as opposed to Yashiro doing it since he was there, watching Satoru anyways. What I did like about that scene, though, is that Airi herself triggered his memories. That being said, I liked how the anime did it as well.

The actual resolution felt better in the anime than it did in the manga as well, at least to me. Manga spoilers again: First off, him slipping back into another long-ish coma was stupid and unnecessary. It felt like the author fucked up his math and realized Airi would be too young for OTP end and had to insert another time-skip to make it add up. Ignoring that second coma was a really good decision on the part of the director, as the flow had already fallen off after revealing who the killer was (which the manga definitely did better). In regards to the resolution itself, I really liked the rooftop confrontation, much more than the bridge at the camp. The manga's visuals were amazing and they framed some fantastic shots on that bridge. The whole thing felt a bit over-the-top, though, while the rooftop felt more natural (even if the thing they caught him with was a bit of an ass-pull in itself, too).

I think regardless of which ending, everything the viewer really cared about was done and over with by the time Satoru woke up and regardless of adaptation, those last two episodes would've felt underwhelming. Even so, I could never see how that would take away from just how amazing the show was all the way up to the point where I started feeling worried about the adaptation. Even though the anime went its own way with certain things, it was still a damn-near-perfect viewing experience to me. It's a show I'll remember for a long time, I'll talk about for a long time, I'll recommend for a long time, and I'll do all this because it was a great anime and a pretty good adaptation. I don't think it's fair to lose sight of that just because it changed some things. If anything, that's a good thing because it will lead people to the source material and those people will be in for a treat when they see just how much more there is to the story.

I just think people in general are exaggerating their "score deductions" over the ending when the show was raved about up until so recently. Even I was of the opinion that the ending was going to be rushed and it worried me, but in hindsight, everything leading up to the ending was what made the anime and manga so good; the ending was just the ending. I just don't see how people can give a show they rated a 9 or 10 for ten episodes can turn around and give it a 5, 6, or 7 just because of two episodes that would have never been able to reach the level of quality and enjoyment as everything before.

This isn't really targeted at just you, I just felt the need to respond because despite our differences in taste, you're really passionate about the things you like, and when our tastes overlap, it's almost always a really good show or manga so your opinions carry a lot of weight with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I use the michael bay scale for rating an anime, it starts at a 10 and every time there is an explosion +1, when there is something I don't like -1. konosuba was like a 20/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I use the michael bay scale for rating an anime, it starts at a 10 and every time there is an explosion +1, when there is something I don't like -1. konosuba was like a 20/10.
    Sounds like you either skipped a certain episode or didn't like a lot :P
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you either skipped a certain episode or didn't like a lot :P
    ignoring the explosion montage

I was telling a friend last night the only way I'd go back and play HOTS is if they gave Nova a Megumin skin that yelled "EXPLOSION" every time she used an appropriately reworked Precision Strike

- - - Updated - - -

ignoring the explosion montage
    probably my favorite part of the entire series

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    probably my favorite part of the entire series
    Definitely enjoyed it myself, but not my favorite: especially kazama starting to commentate on the explosions he was indifferent to at first
    [CENTER]

Rokka no Yuusha volume 2 (LN): I'm having mixed feelings for this whole thing. It's like the anime all over again. I find it enjoyable untill the end but then ending happens and I have to check whether I'm accidentally reading kimi no rage machi or not because of how mad this shit makes me. I'll still keep reading though since despite the endings I very much enjoyed the content since the mysteries are fun and interesting to read. The author doesn't really go overboard with it either and keeps it plausible.