Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which country to migrate to?

So, me and my wife, both 23 y.o , we want to apply for some universities but we dont know which countries to choose. aside from their education qualities we are looking for somewhere with good living qualities and possible future jobs. we have 36k€ saved up.

I got a bachelor in french literature, my wife has one in meteorology physics. we both have C1 in english, I have a B2 in french and A2 in germany. Considering that the tricky part is that I want to apply for a master in Music (piano/conducting), do you have any suggestions?

TL;DR: I wanna change to music from literature bachelor, do you know any countries that would let me? ( I have studied enough/ have had a few classicl performances)
    Last edited by mmoc9590e3104a; 2016-03-27 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wanna change from one useless degree to another? I guess it doesn't matter where you go because you won't find any jobs anywhere..

Location: Islamic republic of Hell? lol anywhere in Europe won't help you then

According to my observation, German universities are always in need of students. In vacancy listings, I've seen more German universities than French. I have few relatives/friends (one from Iran) living in Germany. They are doing fine and quite happy.

Although let me state that, my relative is studying Law masters and the other guy - brother of a friend of mine - is studying for his PhD in Electronical Engineering. Their fields are quite well.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-03-27 at 01:26 PM.

Obviously the US ain't the place you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    You wanna change from one useless degree to another? I guess it doesn't matter where you go because you won't find any jobs anywhere..

how is it useless if I have saved 30k€ in 3years with it?yeah im from Iran

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    According to my observation, German universities are always in need of students. In vacancy listings, I've seen more German universities than French. I have few relatives/friends (one from Iran) living in Germany. They are doing fine and quite happy.
    The language requirements scare me about germany universities :/ their music courses are thought in german

I would personally prefer Germany over France in any case but my field is technical and I have some "strange" metrics of my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the US government even let Iranian students study here?

Deleted
    UK

Best Universities and good for people like you with money

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post

The language requirements scare me about germany universities :/ their music courses are thought in german
    since you know some german, try that: https://www.daad.de/deutschland/de/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Try Israel I hear they have good schools.

Shouldn't you be an expert on immigration when it's one of your highest political priorities, mister Trumplet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The US has plenty of people with useless degrees, like those of the "arts"... might fit right in.

Wasn't long ago that we had like a 50K Iranian students studying in the US. There still are Iranian students attending US schools but I imagine that it's difficult.

It's a good time to look for work in the US.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post

Yep, especially germany won't help you with escaping islamism.
    You either are still stuck with them or you get killed in the fascist outrages that seek to purge them. Tough luck for you.

Deleted
    Why on Earth would anyone waste their time & money studying French Literature.....?

I'm not sure that there are any places in dire need of French literature experts or piano players/music conductors so you might want to save more money and buy a property or change your profession.

Not to be harsh but shouldn't you have thought of this before picking your major?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Why?

Honestly, the media has blown things way out of proportion. The college I attend in Northern Virginia has a good mix of people from the Middle East, Asia, India, Europe, Africa - There is absolutely no reason to avoid coming to the United States right now so long as you do it legally.

Deleted
    So, me and my wife, both 23 y.o , we want to apply for some universities but we dont know which countries to choose. aside from their education qualities we are looking for somewhere with good living qualities and possible future jobs. we have 36k€ saved up.

I got a bachelor in french literature, my wife has one in meteorology physics. we both have C1 in english, I have a B2 in french and A2 in germany. Considering that the tricky part is that I want to apply for a master in Music (piano/conducting), do you have any suggestions?

TL;DR: I wanna change to music from literature bachelor, do you know any countries that would let me? ( I have studied enough/ have had a few classicl performances)
    While you wont be able to apply for the skilled occupation visa in australia with your current education, if you are really serious about moving to a country as far away from islamic policies as possible, I would still have a look at http://www.visabureau.com/australia/...tion-list.aspx , you could get a carpenter's degree within a year and a half while your wife could for example become a nurse, this would get you going and you could look into additional education in your field after reaching permanent residentship. Carpenters are generally well paid in australia (35-85$/hour) and there is plenty of work.

- Additionally, I'd go through a working holiday first, Iran has recently signed a working holiday visa agreement with australia, so you can come to australia for a year, if you decide to work on a farm for 88 days you can get another year on top of it. + incase you manage to find a sponsorship you could theoretically stay in the country indefinately even without the skilled occupation program.
    Last edited by mmoc8ecf0a3307; 2016-03-27 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is it useless if I have saved 30k€ in 3years with it?yeah im from Iran
    You can come to the United States. One of our graphic designers was born in Iran and came here as a student. He completed his citizenship recently, got married, and is going to school to be a dentist. Graphic design was the way to pay for school, hence the odd...change...in careers.

He is an awesome guy!

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Why?

Honestly, the media has blown things way out of proportion. The college I attend in Northern Virginia has a good mix of people from the Middle East, Asia, India, Europe, Africa - There is absolutely no reason to avoid coming to the United States right now so long as you do it legally.
    This part here in the OP:
    aside from their education qualities we are looking for somewhere with good living qualities and possible future jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nordic countries - free tuition for EU citizens.

Im applying for a masters in Denmark for that reason. Besides, if i get a part tike job there the government gives me financial aid of around 900€ or smth.