Poll: GO AWAY LFR!

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    B) WHY in the bleeding blue balls of zues is valor not offered at the real raiding levels and in higher quantities unless it is to force raiders back into LFR and carrying the incompetent?
    Because, barring the 500 for the weekly, those people using only the matchmaking service aka LFR/LFD would otherwise only be able to get 700 per week.
    It is NOT the raid that gets you the valor, it is finishing the objectives of the matchmaking service that awards it to you. Since normal+ don't have that, they obviously don't reward it.

That's what I got from some blue post that also basically says that additional tanks/healers running LFR is a nice sideeffect.

Deleted
    So what if terrible players can raid and actually enjoy the game? Who fucking cares?

God forbid people other than you can play and enjoy the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TanzVLIA8sQ

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    When your enjoyment of the game comes.from the fact that your at the top of the pyramid it.sure is. This is why they HATE lfr with a passion and wotlk. By allowing others to.see raid content it removes from them the aura of being the elites who saw archimonde or Guldan or whatever. No everyone saw archimonde.
    Lore, (Tankspot), touched upon this once in one of his weekly marmot episodes. He basically said the same thing. Some people only enjoy something when others cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Because, barring the 500 for the weekly, those people using only the matchmaking service aka LFR/LFD would otherwise only be able to get 700 per week.
    It is NOT the raid that gets you the valor, it is finishing the objectives of the matchmaking service that awards it to you. Since normal+ don't have that, they obviously don't reward it.

That's what I got from some blue post that also basically says that additional tanks/healers running LFR is a nice sideeffect.
    its not the side effect. it is the intended goal, to drag real raiders into the LFR cesspool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    So what if terrible players can raid and actually enjoy the game? Who fucking cares?

God forbid people other than you can play and enjoy the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TanzVLIA8sQ
    why the link to the fatty who is lashing out because he was always beat up in the school yard?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    why the link to the fatty who is lashing out because he was always beat up in the school yard?
    why the needless insults towards him?

I linked it because it's relevant to this discussion, the video essentially discusses the exact same topic we are discussing here, a bunch of people who simply cannot stand a game not completely catering to them and them alone.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-03-27 at 05:54 PM.

I linked it because it's relevant to this discussion, the video essentially discusses the exact same topic we are discussing here, a bunch of people who simply cannot stand a game not completely catering to them and them alone.
    not one person has stated that the game should cater to them alone. however you are the sole person to post a link to filth that states and at great length that it is ok if he wants to masturbate to male characters in the corner while everyone else is playing the game as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    Nobody cares how people play the game. They care only about how the game has changed to much to cater to some invisible mass proven by lack of subs.
    That's practically all this thread has been about. How people who use LFR play the game, what slugs of incompetence they all must be, and how a certain group that dislikes it and doesn't need it apparently doesn't have the mental force of will to stay out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    It really sounds like the person you are describing would be far better served by a book or a movie...
    But some choose to play WoW, quite a few in fact. And it's none of your affair to be telling anyone what people should choose to do with their entertainment time. Hey guess what. I've played WoW for years and will play again once Legion comes along. I read books. I watch movies. I'm not so stupidly limited as to zero in one thing and theorize a life that's based on that and nothing else.

I think I'm done with this thread for a while now. The interesting thing is that the more one talks common sense, the more stupid the responses become. "Nobody cares about how people play the game" my ass. I won't bother to go through and quote all of the posts that are exactly about "how people play the game" and what they must be like.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

its not the side effect. it is the intended goal, to drag real raiders into the LFR cesspool.
    It may be also A goal, but it is not the one that was stated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The focus of the patch is on dungeon content. Raid Finder was included as a source to add a few more options for Group Finder queuing, and if getting a few well-geared tanks and healers to hop back into Raid Finder improves queues a bit for the core Raid Finder audience, that's not the worst thing in the world. But if you hate Raid Finder, there are literally thousands of Valor available weekly without setting foot in Raid Finder.
    That's exactly what I said, Group Finder queuing without the Raid Finder would only give 700 Valor per week (the 500 per event can't really be counted, since it depends on the event.)

I don't see how you can argue that it IS the indended goal with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    It may be also A goal, but it is not the one that was stated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The focus of the patch is on dungeon content. Raid Finder was included as a source to add a few more options for Group Finder queuing, and if getting a few well-geared tanks and healers to hop back into Raid Finder improves queues a bit for the core Raid Finder audience, that's not the worst thing in the world. But if you hate Raid Finder, there are literally thousands of Valor available weekly without setting foot in Raid Finder.
    That's exactly what I said, Group Finder queuing without the Raid Finder would only give 700 Valor per week (the 500 per event can't really be counted, since it depends on the event.)

I don't see how you can argue that it IS the indended goal with that statement.
    because the blue post is one of their usual PR/Lies.

Deleted
    not one person has stated that the game should cater to them alone. however you are the sole person to post a link to filth that states and at great length that it is ok if he wants to masturbate to male characters in the corner while everyone else is playing the game as intended.
    Of course noone has explicitly stated that the game should only cater to them, however some people want LFR gone, OP for instance wants it gone simply because he or she doesen't enjoy it, but others do enjoy it, shouldn't that enough to keep it around?

I feel like you've misunderstood the point of the video.

Just make it absolutely optional and move the fuck on.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-03-27 at 06:11 PM.

because the blue post is one of their usual PR/Lies.
    It may be "the usual PR" but the reasoning is absolutely sound.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's practically all this thread has been about. How people who use LFR play the game, what slugs of incompetence they all must be, and how a certain group that dislikes it and doesn't need it apparently doesn't have the mental force of will to stay out of it.
    Well LFR does not really bother me so much because I have a strong will and refuse to use it myself. But if others can't and players are quitting the game bored because of it that causes problems for me as a guild master. Its just a small friendly one that likes doing 10 mans

it sure is. don't offer valor in normal and above raiding and if raiders want to get the maximum amount of valor per week they will be forced to run LFR and help carry. it is very thinly masked.

Don't look at it only from a min/max view, you don't have to max your valor per week (especially not in the beginning of valor, I think the valor->ring upgrade thingy was added later).

Then tell me: Do you think those that can't do mythic dungeons should only get 700 valor per week? And that is only if they can play every day (would have been better if it's 7 heroics per week that award the valor)
    Last edited by Vocah; 2016-03-27 at 06:20 PM.

Then why the constant discussion regarding the removal of LFR or the removal of rewards from LFR or degrade it to the point that is useless to anyone running?

Seriously, you seems unable to discuss anything with anyone who disagree with you without throwing insults around.

I see you missed the point of the video entirely.

The point was options, male on male action, in no way changes the way you enjoy the game, because it is an option that you do not have to use. You don't want anyone else to enjoy the game, unless they play the way you see fit.

Which is why they should remove gear from mythic, your goal is challenge, you only need gear to progress, they could simply buff you after every boss, just enough to make the next boss possible. Challenge is your reward.

Deleted

Here is the issue as I see it

WoW is a rpg that uses gear as a progression system at level cap. The problem with lfr is that for is difficulty of 0.1 it gives rewards that are about a 6.

This in turn quickly butchers most other content while at the same time over gearing players for content designed with them in mind. WoD is the best example of this actually... Invasions,treasure hunting, rares, dungeons, cm dailies, summoned bosses, and more all of them made irreverent with lfr. It is the only mode in the game that actively harms the rest of it by existing in its current state.

Now change the rewards to be.. 620 and 625 from hfc lfr and it would be fine. This has always been the problem with lfr. Unlike the solo player games you linked in your video what lfr does is impact the entire community. It even goes so far as to effect the development of the game we were told no dungeons in mop because of lfr making them pointless...

That is the problem most players have with current lfr it isn't the mode itself it is how it warps the game around itself.

(ps. Jim is kinda cancer I would recommend watching someone who isn't the mary sue of game press)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

But some choose to play WoW, quite a few in fact. And it's none of your affair to be telling anyone what people should choose to do with their entertainment time. Hey guess what. I've played WoW for years and will play again once Legion comes along. I read books. I watch movies. I'm not so stupidly limited as to zero in one thing and theorize a life that's based on that and nothing else.

I think I'm done with this thread for a while now. The interesting thing is that the more one talks common sense, the more stupid the responses become. "Nobody cares about how people play the game" my ass. I won't bother to go through and quote all of the posts that are exactly about "how people play the game" and what they must be like.
    I hope you don't count yourself among those talking sense...

WoW is a mmo not a single player game. There is a right and wrong way to play it. How fun is soccer if someone picks up a ball and then a stick and start hitting people with it while screaming its my 15$?

Again people are not talking about removing a game mode but rather fitting it into its proper place in the progression path. Trying to dismiss arguments you can't refute doesn't actually prove them wrong. If you are playing for a story you are better served by a movie or a book regardless to the fact you purchased the product or not..

That was all off topic though. I haven't told anyone how they should spend their free time just suggesting what they would be better served by. Still good to see you can make straw men though...

I would suggest reading what I write and responding to it rather then trying to read between the lines and making a case against a argument that was never there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    If anything they have to make LFR more rewarding again. (Sets and mogs) the fact Blizz took them away easily killed a million subs IMO.
    You're funny, I highly doubt LFR having mediocre loot had anything to do with it.........more like lack of things to do when you hit 100 in 2 days flat.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted

WoW is a rpg that uses gear as a progression system at level cap. The problem with lfr is that for is difficulty of 0.1 it gives rewards that are about a 6.

This in turn quickly butchers most other content while at the same time over gearing players for content designed with them in mind. WoD is the best example of this actually... Invasions,treasure hunting, rares, dungeons, cm dailies, summoned bosses, and more all of them made irreverent with lfr. It is the only mode in the game that actively harms the rest of it by existing in its current state.

Now change the rewards to be.. 620 and 625 from hfc lfr and it would be fine. This has always been the problem with lfr. Unlike the solo player games you linked in your video what lfr does is impact the entire community. It even goes so far as to effect the development of the game we were told no dungeons in mop because of lfr making them pointless...

That is the problem most players have with current lfr it isn't the mode itself it is how it warps the game around itself.

(ps. Jim is kinda cancer I would recommend watching someone who isn't the mary sue of game press)
    My post was in response to the OP, who didn't mention the issues with... Tuning I guess it's called, but rather wanted LFR gone because he or she did not enjoy it, calling it toxic, unchallenging, handholding, and unenjoyable.

My point is essentially that who gives a shit if someone doesen't enjoy LFR, if others do then that's absolutely fine.

The issues with the rewards are an entirely different thing however, it has to do with game balance and not removing a part of a game you don't enjoy that others do enjoy.

If the rewards from Raid Finder make all other content irelevant then that is something that needs to be fixed, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you don't count yourself among those talking sense...

WoW is a mmo not a single player game. There is a right and wrong way to play it. How fun is soccer if someone picks up a ball and then a stick and start hitting people with it while screaming its my 15$?

Again people are not talking about removing a game mode but rather fitting it into its proper place in the progression path. Trying to dismiss arguments you can't refute doesn't actually prove them wrong. If you are playing for a story you are better served by a movie or a book regardless to the fact you purchased the product or not..

That was all off topic though. I haven't told anyone how they should spend their free time just suggesting what they would be better served by. Still good to see you can make straw men though...

I would suggest reading what I write and responding to it rather then trying to read between the lines and making a case against a argument that was never there.
    What does single player game have to do with anything? You're a broken record, we know, but wow is an mmo not a difficulty setting.