Poll: Should the name have been changed?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should have called it "yellowcake yellow". I'm sure that would put people's minds at ease.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Maybe they should have called it "yellowcake yellow". I'm sure that would put people's minds at ease.
    Yellow cake is like a really dull brownish yellow though. :<
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have just used RGB color code to name it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Yellow cake is like a really dull brownish yellow though. :<
    When it gets old yeah, but fresh yellowcake is really quite yellow:
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    When it gets old yeah, but fresh yellowcake is really quite yellow:
    I've never had yellow cake that yellow.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I've never had yellow cake that yellow.
    Yellow cake and yellowcake are different things.

It's also an existing shade of paint:

http://www.farrow-ball.com/yellowcak...product/100279

Different to the one we're discussing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAL-1021-C...-/370835325790
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-03-27 at 10:41 PM.

This is getting ridiculous, I guess words hurt. God when did society become so god damn spineless. Yes its terrible that she got sexually assaulted, but come the fuck on its a goddamn word on a paint can.

Deleted
    good choice, rapeseed is fine, but should probably make sure it doesnt get shortened to rape

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    I know someone who was raped, she gets extremely triggered by the word, I feel bad for her that she feels like that.

Something like this though is just so awful that nobody said anything during production. I'm not triggered or offended, I just think that the level of retard is full blown here. But I guess I'm one of the few that actually thinks about sequencesome of potential events/ severe paranoia
    That person you know who got raped, needs to fuck off and get a therapist and get over this shit.
    I'm not going to call it "that word we dare not say, the one that explains forced in-out-in-out".
    Like I know someone who drown and was given cpr, we don't dance around avoiding the word water. If we removed every word because someone felt 'triggered' by it we'd all be mute by now.
    Time to grow the fuck up.

edit: actually, lets rename it to "pc losers will end the world yellow"
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2016-03-27 at 11:23 PM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

This was dumb naming it "rape yellow". Was this name given by a non-native English speaker? Even "rapeseed yellow" is a bit dodgy. Why don't they rename it to "canola yellow"? They call rapeseed oil canola oil in grocery stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    This was dumb naming it "rape yellow". Was this name given by a non-native English speaker? Even "rapeseed yellow" is a bit dodgy. Why don't they rename it to "canola yellow"? They call rapeseed oil canola oil in grocery stores.
    Yes.

The paint was made in Germany. The homonym doesn't exist in German.

Here's a multi-language colour card:

Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-03-28 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    Canola wouldn't be recognised in the UK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely silly, only offensive to the misinformed and outright stupid by choice. Not only that, the best way to get over trauma is not to hugbox and stay away from anything Triggering duh duh duhhnnnn but to be exposed to discussions on the subject and realize that it's not the end of the world, you CAN move past the experience. Get psychological help, instead of living in an echo chamber of bad ideas and stupidity. If you let the past consume you, there is no future. Continue forward, and only look back to gain insight for the future. Whole other discussion could follow, but for another thread.
    I watched Bible Black for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Yep

Simply put feminism is about making women more like men because they erroneously believe that men are "better" - as if there was such a thing as "better" when it comes to describing different preferences based on hormones, evolutionary biology, etc

There isn't a "better" gender, there are just differences, and within that individuals who have their own preferences.

Feminists overrate male traits and underrate female traits: they envy and hate men while patronizing and demeaning women
    If this forum ever introduces an Oscar for posters, you'd be my nomination for smartest posts. This is not the first time you're making more sense in one post than many people in ten threads.

Of course, you'd lose the first 7 years, because of your avatar and this is the internet, but what the hey. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The flower itself is actually called "rape", so the color name is perfectly accurate. Rapeseed is, obviously, the seed it yields - which in turn is used for oil, also yellow, but not what the color refers to.

So rather than a bad naming decision, the problem is with the English language itself (why would they name it like that to begin with?). If you ask me, rape victim or not, this is not an overreaction, but a huge display of ignorance.

In any case, since ignorance is the norm nowadays, renaming is probably for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am Chinese, I am more offended to the word "yellow" than the word "rape".

You should totally change the name so it doesn't say "rape" or "yellow".

I will let a black person to do the black paint complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at all the no's from MRA goons who have never had to deal with sexual assault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Look at all the no's from MRA goons who have never had to deal with sexual assault.
    I voted no, and have been raped before. I'm also a man. Does that fit your definition of rape/sexual assault?
    I watched Bible Black for the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Only a complete fool would have any objection to the name change. Trying to be real edgy I guess. It's a crappy name that sounds like something terrible. You wouldn't name your sausage brand "Stinkies" either if you tried to sell them.
    Only a complete fool would have a meltdown because they saw a word they didn't like. What happened when she told people about it? Did she choke up every time she said the word rape herself? You might not like it, but its been called that since before you were even alive and no one has made a big deal out of it until this fragile attention grabbing fool had to make a huge deal about it and start demanding an entire industry changes its product name to satisfy her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    If after the rape they are so easily trigger by a single word "rape" even though it was meant in a non sexual way, I doubt their life would last long anyway.