Page 59 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    i hear you, marvel makes 90% of their movies for people who arent comic book fans, only small parts or dialogues, plus the post credit scenes are for the fans.

But when DC/WB makes a movie targeting comic book fans they get slammed ? i counted 10 scenes and dialogues ripped directly word for word, line for line from comic books, and here lies the problem with critics and the move getting a bad rep.
    This maybe snyders biggest flaw in making this movie, he made it from the eyes of a comic book fan FOR comic book fans and it backfired.
    well, lets see, the most popular comic books in the world (spider-man and batman) at MOST will ever break the 200,000 range but most dont even do near that, even spider-man and batman usually dont even break 100k anymore

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-02.html

"comic book fans" are an INSANELY small niche. they arent a sustainable income source and catering movies to them is folly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    You either die as a terrible superhero cast, or live long enough to become an epic one...

dont know why routh is there, superman returns was well recieved and did well, it just had such a huge budget that it couldnt make its money back despite having done 400 million
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

waste of money, terrible acting and terrible cgi, people complain about the Warcraft movie flopping, look how dc just ruined three of the comic world's most known and recognized superheroes in what had the potential to be one of the most iconic super hero movies of all time /salt

I liked what this film was shooting for, but I'm not sure it achieved its goals.

****SPOILERS****

Basically, the plot is that the planet realizes it is relying upon Superman to save them, but it also cannot control Superman. So is he effectively a God? Do we just have faith that he won't turn out bad? The KEY plot point was Superman flying off to rescue Lois Lane from terrorists (and possibly getting people killed in the process), which should raise a lot of fears about relying on him as a hero because now he's putting personal issues ahead of everyone's safety. But I don't think that part was written well. For that to work, the entire planet must know that Lois Lane and Superman are dating (do they?) and the entire planet must know people died in the rescue attempt (do they?) I don't think that was communicated very well. That establishes a precedent that if the Earth is in danger, Superman may or may not save us depending on if Lois needs saving instead. And that's not good. That leads us down a path where maybe Superman doesn't even care about the Earth at all, and is just in it for Lois, and maybe we need to deal with Superman.

Really the story revolves around the good and bad aspects of having a secret police force. Because that is what superheroes are. They are the secret police. They aren't bound by our laws. They hide behind masks. And they do what they think is right.

Usually a secret police force is not bound by our laws due to corruption in the system. In this case, they aren't bound by our laws because they have special powers and choose to use them.

In Batman vs Superman, one member of the secret police (Batman) decides that another member (Superman) is out of control and plots to kill him. Batman wins in the end but just before he kills Superman, he has a change of heart because he sees Superman's love for his parents. So he gives Superman another chance and calls him "friend".

The Film could have probably ended right there, but then we go off on a Doomsday tangent which gives Superman a chance to prove to the Earth that he loves them by making the ultimate sacrifice to stop Doomsday. But the point of the Doomsday plot was again not communicated to the audience very well.

I blame most of this on Cavill not being a very good actor. Ideally, we should get a scene where Superman emotes confusion, even anguish, at having the public distrust him after saving Lois. Ideally, he would emote better his love for his mother. Ideally, we'd get a scene where Superman emotes resolve and love for the Earth before making the ultimate sacrifice. But I don't think Cavill can deliver such scenes convincingly. Because of that, the film just scrapped such scenes and suffers because of it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Henry Cavill is a great actor, and a great Superman when the script allows him to be. But for whatever reason, it doesn't do that very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I blame most of this on Cavill not being a very good actor. Ideally, we should get a scene where Superman emotes confusion, even anguish, at having the public distrust him after saving Lois. Ideally, he would emote better his love for his mother. Ideally, we'd get a scene where Superman emotes resolve and love for the Earth before making the ultimate sacrifice. But I don't think Cavill can deliver such scenes convincingly. Because of that, the film just scrapped such scenes and suffers because of it.
    Cavill performance is nothing to the films list of problems. The script barely gives him the opportunity to do anything. Zack is bad at doing anything but action scene pretty much. Any scene when Cavill could have moments like you are asking him to emote, the script just cut off short with him flying away or not talking at all or the camera is not even looking at him. Its not an actor choice, its the writing, directing.

where Superman emotes confusion, even anguish, at having the public distrust him after saving Lois.
    Why?

It's perfectly normal for the world to worry that this God-man puts his feelings before the greater good.

Oh man, you know it's bad when even the optimist bashes the film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the movie's opening weekend, it's set to parallel the run of Age of Ultron (also had a $170 million domestic box office opening weekend). AoU ended up making $460 million (again, domestic), so Dawn of Justice could easily end up about the same.

This would make them tied for sixth best-selling movie in the last ten years, behind The Force Awakens (duh), Jurassic World, Avatar, the Avengers and the Dark Knight.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of that. But a 100% return on your investment is easily enough to make the five or six sequels called for.

A good review
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Why does lex luthor know batman and supermans secret identities?

Saw BvS in IMAX last night. It was pretty neat.

Most of the people walking out of the movie were quite positive on the film it seemed. Audience was cheering during the big fight, cheering for Wonder Woman (it's kinda neat that both screenings I saw had the loudest applause for WW), lot of 'fuck yea!' when the big 3 were together, etc.

It was a late show (9:30) and 21+ too. So a mostly older crowd.

Just got to see the movie myself and I thought it was good enough. Sure, it wasn't my favorite movie of the year, nor even my favorite super hero movie of the year, but it was quite enjoyable. Most of my criticisms about it are mere nitpicks.

nor even my favorite super hero movie of the year
    Honestly Deadpool was really good. I never liked the character and thought he's cringy and overrated but the film was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Based on the movie's opening weekend, it's set to parallel the run of Age of Ultron (also had a $170 million domestic box office opening weekend). AoU ended up making $460 million (again, domestic), so Dawn of Justice could easily end up about the same.

This would make them tied for sixth best-selling movie in the last ten years, behind The Force Awakens (duh), Jurassic World, Avatar, the Avengers and the Dark Knight.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of that. But a 100% return on your investment is easily enough to make the five or six sequels called for.
    except age of ultron was good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Why does lex luthor know batman and supermans secret identities?
    because hes been monitoring supers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Saw it the other night. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much after getting my hopes up with The Force Awakens. But I actually thought the movie was pretty good. Sure there were a few things that could have been left out or explained better but overall I think Snyder did a fantastic job.

'Batman v Superman' Dominates the Box Office, Opening Over $420 Million Worldwide

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ruled the box office this weekend, both in international and domestic markets, bringing home an estimated $424.1 million worldwide. The record-breaking performance saw the film set a new domestic March opening weekend record and it also serves as the largest domestic opening for Warner Bros. ever.

I'm interested to see how it will fare next weekend. The word of mouth is pretty divisive, but nothing really opens up against it before Jungle Book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    opening weekend record and it also serves as the largest domestic opening for Warner Bros. ever.
    doesn't mean its a good movie, just means people went to see it.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    doesn't mean its a good movie, just means people went to see it.
    Difference between a critical success and a commercial success.

And one is much preferred by the production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Difference between a critical success and a commercial success.

And one is much preferred by the production.
    Well when you're trying to kickstart a world building / franchise, you kind of want it to be good so it leads to success in the subsequent movies. When you're Dawn of the Justice League movie sucks, it has the potential to hurt the other movies.

whether this will be true or not remains to be seen.
    Hi