Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    YOUR experience may be that the horde loses a majority of random bgs. You may THINK that it is because the higher rated population all migrated to alliance along with all the lower rated people that followed them, which is a completely reasonable theory, however to make that a FACT you need the random battleground win percentage numbers from Blizzard to support what you THINK.
    And the problem is that Blizzard never release any data whatsoever about their game... therefore the whole thread is just conjecture right?

And the thread is posted up by someone who hasnt won a single BG as Horde... and funnily enough, thats exactly the same personal experience as a whole load of people in this thread... and more importantly, been appearing THIS ENTIRE EXPAC.

Yes THIS ENTIRE EXPAC Horde casual Bg players are noticing a massive difference in win ratios.

These are differences which have never been there before.

Anyone whose played Wow for a long time, more importantly played casual BGs, will remember that this massive difference has never existed... NEVER. There is always the usual bitching about what faction wins/loses the most... but its never been proven as an issue.

Right now however... THIS ENTIRE EXPAC we have had thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, of casual pvpers entering into BGs as Horde and seeing no wins whatsoever. This is now commonplace and the forums are a reflection of how common this is.

If u want to ignore this genuine issue then ur welcome to do so... just dont piss all over the posters who have personally experience this disparity because theyre talking from experience. And ur just THINKING theyre wrong.

Personally i go with the guy who experienced something.

Deleted
    Its pretty shocking again really; enter Warsong we are already 2-0 down getting farmed at the graveyard. Its really common this happens too. Not sure what to do lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    And the problem is that Blizzard never release any data whatsoever about their game... therefore the whole thread is just conjecture right?

And the thread is posted up by someone who hasnt won a single BG as Horde... and funnily enough, thats exactly the same personal experience as a whole load of people in this thread... and more importantly, been appearing THIS ENTIRE EXPAC.

Yes THIS ENTIRE EXPAC Horde casual Bg players are noticing a massive difference in win ratios.

These are differences which have never been there before.

Anyone whose played Wow for a long time, more importantly played casual BGs, will remember that this massive difference has never existed... NEVER. There is always the usual bitching about what faction wins/loses the most... but its never been proven as an issue.

Right now however... THIS ENTIRE EXPAC we have had thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, of casual pvpers entering into BGs as Horde and seeing no wins whatsoever. This is now commonplace and the forums are a reflection of how common this is.

If u want to ignore this genuine issue then ur welcome to do so... just dont piss all over the posters who have personally experience this disparity because theyre talking from experience. And ur just THINKING theyre wrong.

Personally i go with the guy who experienced something.
    At no point in any of my posts did I "piss all over" any other poster. People in this thread were responding with their experiences and perspectives, so I gave mine just the same. It was you that attacked me for giving thoughts based on my own experience, claiming my thoughts were rubbish and your thoughts were facts. If you even read my post, I state that I have experienced both sides of the coin, winning a lot of bgs, but then also losing plenty and it feeling like you can't win. I even acknowledged your initial point as part of the problem.

You are entitled to have your thoughts and theories based on your experiences, just the same as I am entitled to mine. This is a discussion forum, don't get all emotional when someone has a different thought or experience than you.

Deleted
    Personal experience (eu) if you want to Win as horde, do bgs in the morning 7-10 or evening past 22. In between there it is mainly dominated by alliance. I do play both factions btw, but my Main is alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Personal experience (eu) if you want to Win as horde, do bgs in the morning 7-10 or evening past 22. In between there it is mainly dominated by alliance. I do play both factions btw, but my Main is alliance.
    Funny you say that, I was actually just talking to a friend about this and it can be pretty similar at times for NA. If we start BGing or an Ashran in prime time, we do see our win-rate dip a little as we are more likely to come against a premade on the opposing side. As it gets later, it tends to get better and better.

My 2 cents. Just levelled a fresh horde character and jumped right into BG honor farm. Barely lost anything and in several hours got full honor set. But i think thats a pure luck. Personally i was prepared to spent a lot more time on that. Because alliance knows something =)

Deleted
    Bit of an update;

I spent three hours last night in Ashran, it was some of the most fun pvp ive had in wow for a long time. Both sides seem to be getting objectives completed, honor capped twice, had loads of items and a ton of conquest.

It was fun!

Deleted
    I play Horde and i always have a ~50% win/loss ratio in random BG's

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still about 50/50 for me on horde/ally.

I feel like horde is just more whiny about it than alliance is.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Bit of an update;

I spent three hours last night in Ashran, it was some of the most fun pvp ive had in wow for a long time. Both sides seem to be getting objectives completed, honor capped twice, had loads of items and a ton of conquest.

It was fun!
    A good/balanced Ashran can be a lot of fun. We had one of those this weekend as well and made for some great large-scale fights. Unfortunately, most of the time Ashran is quite imbalanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    You are entitled to have your thoughts and theories based on your experiences, just the same as I am entitled to mine. This is a discussion forum, don't get all emotional when someone has a different thought or experience than you.
    I will happily base my opinion based on the facts to hand.

The facts that there are literally DOZENS of threads about losing Horde BGs and ZERO threads about losing streaks on Alliance side throughout WoD.

This fact alone means there is definitely an issue.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, one good player can carry a random BG (at least the 10 mans and AB)

For most people, there's a 50% winloss on either faction.

On my alt druid I made in mid-mop, I have a 891-256 winloss, and it's been on both factions quite a lot. The problem is that it's really rare you'll ever find decent players in random BGs, and even rarer that they're playing to win. So even though people can blame their team, you really don't have to be that amazing to carry it. All you're really facing is people trying to gear and casuals.

My experience lately has been that I'm facing a lot of premades. 5 people queueing together (and also with 2-3 healers) ... yeh, you can't beat that. Not only 5 guldies, but they are also very well geared, close to or at 740 ilvl.

On my mage I have 60 BGs played and 27 wins (Horde). It's not 'too' bad, although yesterday I played 6 BGs and won... one It's just one of those times where you want to cancel sub because it's so frustrating

Kind of surprised people are still doing BGs.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I will happily base my opinion based on the facts to hand.

The facts that there are literally DOZENS of threads about losing Horde BGs and ZERO threads about losing streaks on Alliance side throughout WoD.

This fact alone means there is definitely an issue.
    In my experience both sides suffer from the same problem. It has nothing to do with racial talents but the terrible match making system that often leaves one side without healers and more than likely matches a poorly geared bunch of strangers against a group that consists of one or more five man premades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Alliance heavy on the skill meter because of racials atm. When I queue Alli, I'm typically one of three healers at least right now as well - where horde may have 1-2 heals maybe, we typically triumph pretty regularly due to skilled healers, and cc chains from alli skill. Doesn't mean I don't run against a few horde premade of glads, hero, and arena masters/battlemasters every now and then that mop the floor with a rando queue, but when I run with friends - we usually don't lose. Voice chat, premades, and healers really ramp up your ability to win, understand too that you can make the difference staying behind in a game etc to gaurd a node, or cap a flag/cc someones healer and gg the win too. Out of ten games, you should win 10% if you try ( nobody has botts ten damn games in a row )

For a recent snapshot I have 318 played, 201 won. 63% WR, boosted the warlock for valentines event. Usually solo queue. Very rare to enter in-progress games nowadays too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In my experience both sides suffer from the same problem. It has nothing to do with racial talents but the terrible match making system that often leaves one side without healers and more than likely matches a poorly geared bunch of strangers against a group that consists of one or more five man premades.
    As i have already said....

I agree that in the past that both factions QQ too much about losing too many games, and yes, i agree thats always been bullshit because its always been pretty balanced.

BUT

Right now there is a problem and its clear to see a difference between the faction winrates. Alliance are clearly winning shedloads more than Horde. And the main reason appears to be connected to the fact that all the top PvPers went Allie this expac for the racial. The Arena ladders clearly prove this with every bracket being around 99% Alliance players.

You cannot convince me that the exodus of top players away from Horde isnt a factor in the BG winrates right now.

Anyone who wants to play random casual BGs is recommended to play Alliance as playing Horde solo is a VERY painful experience right now. The only benefit of playing Horde is the instant que pops...

These are stats datamined by a third-party app... wow-stats.info/bgwr01.html (sorry, not enough posts for a clickable link)

Basically, atm, on average, the Alliance wins more often (though the gap is closing again). Back in 2014, the opposite was true.

It is definitely not what is used to be. My winrate on my horde rogue (who has (had) the highest winrate of all my toons) dropped from 80% to 60% this expansion. It's not much, but enough to make me only do random bgs as alliance now.