Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    So much rage
    "I'm right" "no I'm right" "no I'M RIGHT" "I'M RIGHT" *RAAAAARAAARW* *trantrums*

I can't believe that, in a thread about the new loot glow effect, we still have to have people pissing and moaning about something totally unrelated. Everybody, if you want to know why WoW lost 5 million subscribers, look no further than these two yahoos right here.

Just once, it would be nice to have a thread where somebody says "Hey, this is new" and doesn't devolve into 15 pages of childish "I'm more right!" "No, I'm more right!" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I can't believe that, in a thread about the new loot glow effect, we still have to have people pissing and moaning about something totally unrelated. Everybody, if you want to know why WoW lost 5 million subscribers, look no further than these two yahoos right here.

Just once, it would be nice to have a thread where somebody says "Hey, this is new" and doesn't devolve into 15 pages of childish "I'm more right!" "No, I'm more right!" nonsense.
    swallow me

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad change. The last thing the game needs is a continuation of the trend towards efficiency. I have the same gripe with D3 - minimap arrows and pings, loot notifications, treasure goblin notifications, minimap contrast and construction, monster highlights - these are things that allow gamers to avoid investment of any sort of thought in gameplay on top of cheapening content through increased efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Higher Ilvl random existed back in MoP, it's not a WoD thing, Throne of Thunder had Thunderforged items and Siege of Orgrimmar had warforged items.
    Warforged items were intended as an incentive/bonus for 25 man guilds. They should have disappeared with the introduction of Mythic but Blizz invented a new reason to keep them around. Instead of being an incentive for larger guilds to make up for the logistical problems of fielding a big roster, they were now an incentive to keep doing farm content.

The absolute biggest mistake with WoD loot though and something I dearly hope they've learned their lesson with was the dungeon drops.

Their argument with this is that if specific bosses have specific items, which is the way it's always been, people will gravitate to running the same few dungeons over and over and ignore others. The situation they created though was one where any boss could drop almost anything, so you had a pathetic chance of seeing the item you wanted most from any encounter and if anything it encouraged just running whatever dungeons were the easiest because the loot was all the same. Big blunder.

Loot's exciting when you know which boss has the thing you want, and you're crossing your fingers, begging, hoping, praying that it drops.

Not bad, I kinda like it actually. Just needs to be a bit more thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post
    I think it's adopted from diablo 3 *shrugs*
    thank God for Jay Wilson in WoW dev team.

exactly what i thought, i was like more jay fucking wilson, plz stop jay, stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have made it look identical to the Diablo 3 beams. I like how those look...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I am fairly sure that raids will not be designed around everyone having full AP, especially not the first tier, outside of the cutting edge maybe.
    I never said anything about raids being designed around them, Specs will be balanced with fully unlocked Artifact Weapons. Why? because that's the endgame, they balance the game for endgame. Meaning your class won't be properly tuned until you put down the 50 hours of grind, how many days or weeks you spend doing it is up to you... Artifact traits (paragon levels) is just a half-ass way Jay Wilson use to extend the life of a game, what happens in Diablo is going to happen with WoW- people get tired of the grind and quit. What we had before with new talents for a higher max level is now locked behind more grinding...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffels View Post
    But.. Diablo is awesome.
    Yeah for about 5 days until you're bored of the endless paragon grind...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

That looks kinda awful with just that little spot over such a large body. They should give the entire body, of a boss/rare, a glow above it... and maybe not as bright to be such an eye sore.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-03-28 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Cool, they still have to work on that glow effect though, I like the idea.
    Is WoW becoming World of Diablo?

Things have really come full circle... When Diablo 3 came out, people were complaining that it felt too much like World of Warcraft. And now people are complaining that World of Warcraft is starting to feel too much like Diablo 3.

The glowing effect to indicate there's still loot on the boss is a smart idea. I don't care what game inspired it. It could use some work to look more pleasing to the eye, but it's convenient. I'm glad they're adding that in.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    He adds so much BS from Diablo 3... he should've stayed at Diablo projects, where he belongs!
    So many of the things that make D3 a great game (at this point) would only serve to improve WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yeah for about 5 days until you're bored of the endless paragon grind...
    Oh come now, this is wow. It'll be at least a month before you're bored. Then another 14 with nothing added but that's just tradition.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Legion really is just gonna be diablo lol
    Lets see, swtor uses the same system, The Division uses the same system, Borderlands does too, Oh look diablo does too, So does a bunch of other mmos and looter games.

But yes, its only copying Diablo, and its never been used in any other game besides diablo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    Reminds me of the "lootsaber" from SWTOR
    Which to be honest, is a magnificent idea.

I'd rather they completely copy it than just implement this for bosses tbh.
    Since nobody outside of pugs even uses personal loot..

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Diablo has pretty good treadmills, something WoW needs to keep the game worth staying subscribed to.

They are also borrowing quite a bit from Heroes of the Storm as well, and that's also generally a good thing because abilities like Wraith Walk, Sundering and Feral Lunge are fun as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    That looks kinda awful with just that little spot over such a large body. They should give the entire body, of a boss/rare, a glow above it... and maybe not as bright to be such an eye sore.
    You really want a pile of trash mob make the place look like a disco?
    A beam of light is more than enough. No reason to have the corpse glow, too:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-03-28 at 07:41 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Nice, good feature, I like some of the D3 that is spilling over into my WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You really want a pile of trash mob make the place look like a disco?
    I would hope the feature only lights up big for epics or better. Greens, blues, trash ect, that can remain the sparkly IMO. The big color should be for big loots.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Nice, good feature, I like some of the D3 that is spilling over into my WoW.
    SW:TOR did it before D3. D3 was released 2012. SW:TOR had the loot sabers 2011.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    World of Diablocraft. The dev's are sitting here like "We saw how successful D3:RoS was! Let's apply it to our MMO!".

Could be worse, they could be adopting more from Diablo 3. Oh, wait.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.