Mastery Stat Weights

Int: 1
    Mastery: 0.98
    SP: 0.91
    Crit: 0.70
    Multi: 0.69
    Haste: 0.65
    Vers: 0.63
    So haste is worse than crit/multi on a mastery build?

Yeah, in my final set of weights, I've reduced it even lower. You can sit around 800 haste rating and still pull the 4-orb rotation off. I'm sure there's a limit to how low you can go, and I'm sure that 800 is 'pushing it', but if that's the case you can easily enchant a few items or swap a piece of gear out. I'd recommend the trash boots if you need to swap in some haste - Dessicated something something.

- - - Updated - - -

Played around with 1000 haste tonight. It's fine when standing still, but it gets really hairy if you have to move much.... you have to get that flay in after the 3rd Mind Blast or the whole thing kind of falls apart.

I'm going to keep playing with it for a week or so, and then I will make a decision as to whether or not to artificially bump haste up a little bit in the guide. If you bump it up even a tad, it will pick the trash boots and the archi staff, and that seems to be plenty enough to make the rotation easy.

Ideally you could get a few WF pieces and get the best of both worlds.

This is some kind of cruel irony that the "mastery" set requires the same strictness with rotation that the haste set does. Lol...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Out of curiosity how far behind is the Edict in comparison to the Mace/OH?

I'll run a sim later tonight. You can get a dry comparison by calculating the difference in PP values, then multiply by 14.

- - - Updated - - -

About 500 dps.

Ah ok, not to big of a worry then.

Thanks for keeping all this stuff still updated @Kilee25

Sig made by @winter blossoms

@nikolbolas Your welcome and thank you too.

First real night tonight playing with the new mastery set on some challenging fights. The potential is definitely higher, and the opening burst is really felt. On several wipes I was averaging 135-145k... but on actual kills I had horrible parses... one mistake would just cascade into a domino of failure...

Part of it is I'm just not used to the slower play style. I'm literally having to learn how to play all over again... all the timing is different. There's less room for error. Before I could kind of "yolo" when things when awry and it would be ok... now I'm really having to think harder about what order to put spells in. One missed Mind Flay is catastrophic for DPS...

I went into this initially thinking it would be easier than the haste play style, and less stressful, but if anything it is moreso...

I'm going to have to give it some more time before I get really comfortable with it.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2016-03-30 at 06:48 AM.

In theory you can go with 800 haste and play the mastery rotation, but in theory you can also play the haste rotation with 2000 haste. At least 900 is recommended since you still scale well with haste until GCD cap. If fights last longer a little more helps to make the rotation more forgiving to pauses between casts.
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Yeah I can feel it. I was having a lot of issues last night adjusting to various mechanics. I'm running with 1000 haste right now. It's doable, but small interruptions really make it stressful and unfun. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with the trash boots and the archi staff. I actually may end up bumping haste up in the stat weights so that those items are intentionally picked.

Im having such a hard time coping with the rotation with class trinket. Im at 37.02% haste and for some reason i still find myself having to sometimes MF in order to keep buff up. I've also seen some desynch during my rotation and sometimes I end up doing either 5 or 7 ticks of insanity. I know this comes down to player fault, but still frustrating...oh and dont even get me started on when I have to switch to an add (kilrog, gorefiend, etc)...>.< /end rant

Sig made by @winter blossoms

The only thing that I can say is that I feel exactly the same way, but that it does eventually get easier as you build up muscle memory. I'm having to go through the same learning pains that I had to go through with the haste build all over again now... it's still just as frustrating as it was with the haste build... the timing is different. It still feels brutally punishing if a lag spike happens or you have to move and it interrupts your stacks.

My only advice is to develop 2 different mindsets. One built upon just staying alive and focusing on mechanics, and the other on parsing. Learn to "flip the switch" in your head when necessary so that you don't get too mentally invested...

So was doing mythic archi with the mastery set last night....I really REALLY do not like it. I was almost bottom of the barrel on the adds that I'm normally on top of. Additionally the other spriest who was running the haste build was doing higher damage on all the targets and the boss. Definitely don't think mastery build is good unless you can tunnel.

I agree completely.

Also, by the by, I did a few sims with Power Infusion with a mastery build and synching it with the ring. It was about a 2k dps increase over ToF (purely single target).

I'm not entirely sure where I could actually use this information yet, however... I was thinking about experimenting with it on Iskar next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Oh also, I added the haste stats back into the guide, and tried to list an explanation for the two sets in the stats section. Also I matched these exactly with Ask Mr Robot, so that there would be no confusion. I already got a PM from someone asking if AMR is out of date with my guide (No, it is not.). So I'm trying to mitigate people thinking that by explaining what the stat weights are for.

What a f-ing mess this trinket is....

That was something I thought about running instead of ToF. But it depends on ToF uptime. I imagine that if you're able to have 70%+ uptime on ToF Power Infusion wouldn't come close. However it would be interesting to see where it went and I may try it out on Monday.

What about if you can get higher Twist of Fate uptime than just the uptime from a single target, such as Iskar? What's the breakpoint?

Right.. definitely not. It's got to be a fight where ToF time is minimal... and you need at least 2 ring procs... oi... it's probably not worth even messing with, but I just thought it was interesting.

Perhaps on Fel Lord for example, if you're still over 2 mins on that fight. Timing PI and a potion on the 2nd ring would probably push you over anything you could do with ToF.

Deleted
    Hey Kilee, first a big thanks for the Guide, i used it a lot to master (atleast try to) my Shadow, and i just started to test the mastery playstyle with the class trinket.
    But either i'm not seeing something or there is a error in the listed Rotation.

When you reach 4 Orbs the first time and used DP, after the next MB it says 1 Orb, but shouldn't it be 2, because after using DP with 4 we are already at 1 Orb.
    Really bugs me, and your help would be very appreciated.

You are correct. I will fix it when I get home tonight. I already need to make a revision and add a new section on execute rotations in the RoW area.