Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Fuck me another Bible School trainee... shifting focus off the main subject as an actual comeback is so 1990. If you may be wondering why your pick-up lines don't work, it's because everyone else has moved on.
    Are you...serious with this? I didn't think there was any reading to do between the lines, but I guess academic understanding can be a hard concept to, well, understand sometimes.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Deleted
    Anti vaxxers are idiots. They should be ridiculed as idiots and banned from general society.

The movie was also made by a proven fraud who has had his license to practice revoked. They made the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Last word on homeopathy from me (dead horse), it is absolutely wrong on the actual mechanisms for how vaccinations work, but the principals carry over for this specific case. You are using the real cause of disease in the pathogen in order to prevent it later on, satisfying like cures like although preemptively, and the vaccine itself is absolutely not going to comprise of only your target pathogen. It will be weakened with other substances and included into a solution, which I would say satisfies dilution.

It is an incredibly dated system of belief, but it does get certain things right if for the entirely wrong reason. For everyday ails, there's not much harm in it in the same way as any other spiritual belief, provided the practitioner has the ability to realize when a problem is serious enough to warrant actual medical aid.

As for Dr. Oz, I think he got off because he or his lawyers claimed that he played a character on TV and that it was the character that was giving false information. Some of the studies he cited for his products were apparently falsified and the company responsible for them had to pay a fine, but nothing came on the "Dr" himself.
    You still don't understand how it works do you?

- Homeopathic solutions are made by "shaking" the recipient after every dilution, and they claim that this shaking imprints the energy of the substance into the water, as they dilute it until there is 1 molecule of solution left in the bottle and somehow the "energized water" has only benefits and no side-effects. That's the main thing, no side-effects.

- Vaccines are made by subjecting infected blood samples to a certain amount of heat that destroys the cell's body, but leaves the fragments of the cell walls intact. When it enters the blood stream, Neutrophils phagocitate the cell walls, as they would with a live pathogen, after which they alert the whole immune system ok the type of threat they have to deal with. Once the immune system has "memorized" the threat type, whenever a live pathogen with similar walls enters the blood stream, the immune system reacts faster that it can do any harm.

And we say thank you for the Biology lesson today. If you don't know what you are talking about, why talk at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you...serious with this? I didn't think there was any reading to do between the lines, but I guess academic understanding can be a hard concept to, well, understand sometimes.
    Just... no. Your comparison was off from the start. No matter how you try to patch it, you fucked up. You were trying to compare dilutions in homeopathy with dilutions in vaccines, what does that have to do with anything? Trying to make a point while not knowing what it is about is just creepy, dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    You still don't understand how it works do you?

- Homeopathic solutions are made by "shaking" the recipient after every dilution, and they claim that this shaking imprints the energy of the substance into the water, as they dilute it until there is 1 molecule of solution left in the bottle and somehow the "energized water" has only benefits and no side-effects. That's the main thing, no side-effects.

- Vaccines are made by subjecting infected blood samples to a certain amount of heat that destroys the cell's body, but leaves the fragments of the cell walls intact. When it enters the blood stream, Neutrophils phagocitate the cell walls, as they would with a live pathogen, after which they alert the whole immune system ok the type of threat they have to deal with. Once the immune system has "memorized" the threat type, whenever a live pathogen with similar walls enters the blood stream, the immune system reacts faster that it can do any harm.

And we say thank you for the Biology lesson today. If you don't know what you are talking about, why talk at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Just... no. Your comparison was off from the start. No matter how you try to patch it, you fucked up. You were trying to compare dilutions in homeopathy with dilutions in vaccines, what does that have to do with anything? Trying to make a point while not knowing what it is about is just creepy, dude.
    I see you read the Wikipedia page. I congratulate you on your incomparable research capabilities. Now ask yourself one thing: did people know what molecules were 200 years ago? Could people accurately measure a single molecule in solution? Answer that, and let's see if you have any understanding of what you are talking about, and together, let's say one more time. This is not real, this is a way of thought. We're discussing it in the same way we would what would happen to your soul after you died in ancient Egypt. I really don't think I'm going to have to memorize several names of gods and have my heart weighed for guilt, this is pure, academic understanding of what some other people believe. So, one more time, it is not real. I would say it once more, but I'm afraid you might be scared of witchcraft and the rule of threes, which I apparently absolutely believe in as well as I have a tiny bit of knowledge about it. I'll cross my fingers you recognize the sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    “You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs." No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: "That is fucking stupid. Are you kidding me?

Seems like one of these issues.
    And this is a belief that kills people.
    Putin khuliyo

I see you read the Wikipedia page. I congratulate you on your incomparable research capabilities. Now ask yourself one thing: did people know what molecules were 200 years ago? Could people accurately measure a single molecule in solution? Answer that, and let's see if you have any understanding of what you are talking about, and together, let's say one more time. This is not real, this is a way of thought. We're discussing it in the same way we would what would happen to your soul after you died in ancient Egypt. I really don't think I'm going to have to memorize several names of gods and have my heart weighed for guilt, this is pure, academic understanding of what some other people believe. So, one more time, it is not real. I would say it once more, but I'm afraid you might be scared of witchcraft and the rule of threes, which I apparently absolutely believe in as well as I have a tiny bit of knowledge about it. I'll cross my fingers you recognize the sarcasm.
    First of all i am a doctor, been through med school so the explanations weren't pulled from Wikipedia as i actually studied them. Second, i didn't say homeopathy is real, i'm just saying what they are claiming (read it again) and of course it's a big farse, i just wanted to emphasize the differences, as you so naively compared it with vaccination, it's like comparing apples with monkeys.

Also terrible comeback, no point in it at all, just a wave of foaming, raging words, a true trainwreck that hit nothing but itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all i am a doctor, been through med school so the explanations weren't pulled from Wikipedia as i actually studied them. Second, i didn't say homeopathy is real, i'm just saying what they are claiming (read it again) and of course it's a big farse, i just wanted to emphasize the differences, as you so naively compared it with vaccination, it's like comparing apples with monkeys.

Also terrible comeback, no point in it at all, just a wave of foaming, raging words, a true trainwreck that hit nothing but itself.
    You are again mistaking a naturalistic approach of explaining physically how the world works (science) with a very old theoretical explanation for natural phenomenon with strong ties to new-age spiritualism. The former need not be believed, the latter has a significant amount of leeway in it in order to initiate observed facts into the preexisting paradigm. It works the opposite of science and twists and turns and becomes increasingly convoluted as more evidence against it comes to light. Are you able to recognize the difference between the scientific method and a faith based belief system? They are not similar, but you are still treating them as if they are. The spiritual one doesn't need to be consistent, which is why some Christians are socially able to eat pork and wear colorful clothes but believe homosexuality is immoral but you can't believe in gravity and reject newton's third law. One system can be selective in its beliefs.

To put it another way, one believes the spirit of the law to be paramount and ones says that the letter is the spirit of the law.

Do people here really think Big Pharma cannot influence studies? Man you guys know nothing about Julie Gerberding do you. She was head of the CDC. What about William W Thompson?

William W. Thompson, a senior scientist employed by the CDC has filed for and received Whistleblower status. Thompson was secretly recorded admitting altering data at the behest of former CDC head Julie Gerberding. The data linked the MMR Vaccine by Merck Pharmaceuticals with Autism rate increase. Geberding btw, left the CDC to become President of Merck Pharmaceuticals Vaccine Division.

William W Thompson after he was granted Whistleblower status to testify before Congress, had his name then removed by the CDC from all studies listed on the CDC autism-vaccine page.
    Geberding recently sold 38,368 shares of Merck Stock for $2.3 Million
    She still owns roughly the same amount of Merck Stock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anti-vaxxers might be lunatics but I'll be damned if I'm ever forced to get one of those "flu shots" they sell at grocery stores. I'd sooner trust Satan himself than let the American Pharmaceutical Industry 'inoculate' me.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-03-30 at 05:07 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Anti-vaxxers might be lunatics, I'll be damned if I'm ever forced to get one of those "flu shots" they sell at grocery stores. I'd sooner trust Satan himself than the American Pharmaceutical Industry.
    So on one hand the people who dont trust the Big Pharma companies are lunatics and on the other hand you dont trust Big Pharma. Got it right?

Btw take a peek at the post directly above yours

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    So on one hand the people who dont trust the Big Pharma companies are lunatics and on the other hand you dont trust Big Pharma. Got it right?
    Anti-vaxxers are lunatics. I don't believe vaccines cause autism. That being said, that doesn't mean I'm so stupid as to think the likes of Pfizer is out to help humanity.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Censorship implies the right to speak/show/communicate in the first place. While this antivax film can surely be made, and screened in its own right, to call its denial from a PRESTIGIOUS AND WIDELY VIEWED PLATFORM a form a censorship is, I believe, incorrect, because it does not deserve such a large venue in the first place.

To say that not screening some garbage film at a a huge film festival is wrong is tantamount to saying that Dominoe's not serving your personal pizza recipe is wrong. Sure you have the right to make your own pizza, however you like it, but don't expect, let alone entitle yourself to think that it ought be mass produced and shoved down people's throats.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-vaxxers are lunatics. I don't believe vaccines cause autism. That being said, that doesn't mean I'm so stupid as to think the likes of Pfizer is out to help humanity.
    Dude, a bad batch of vaccines will tank their stock so hard due to lawsuits, they may not care about helping humanity but they do care about not going bankrupted.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    We're getting somewhere. Now read it again.

In Principle
    your principles end when human lives are involved.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

So the main guy who did most of the CDC studies on MMR and Autism filed for Whistleblower status with the govt to testify before Congress, his former boss now head of the pharmaceutical company that makes the MMR then cashes out half her stock for almost 3 Million dollars but you still trust the studies right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    So the main guy who did most of the CDC studies on MMR and Autism filed for Whistleblower status with the govt to testify before Congress, his former boss now head of the pharmaceutical company that makes the MMR then cashes out half her stock for almost 3 Million dollars but you still trust the studies right?
    I think my point was clear. I don't see where you're going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Dude, a bad batch of vaccines will tank their stock so hard due to lawsuits, they may not care about helping humanity but they do care about not going bankrupted.
    The reason I don't trust them isn't because I think their vaccines are going to kill me dead. That'd be stupid and mega-corporations like Pfizer are anything but stupid.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

You are again mistaking a naturalistic approach of explaining physically how the world works (science) with a very old theoretical explanation for natural phenomenon with strong ties to new-age spiritualism. The former need not be believed, the latter has a significant amount of leeway in it in order to initiate observed facts into the preexisting paradigm. It works the opposite of science and twists and turns and becomes increasingly convoluted as more evidence against it comes to light. Are you able to recognize the difference between the scientific method and a faith based belief system? They are not similar, but you are still treating them as if they are. The spiritual one doesn't need to be consistent, which is why some Christians are socially able to eat pork and wear colorful clothes but believe homosexuality is immoral but you can't believe in gravity and reject newton's third law. One system can be selective in its beliefs.

To put it another way, one believes the spirit of the law to be paramount and ones says that the letter is the spirit of the law.
    Science and faith have nothing to do with each-other, especially when it comes to already developed stuff like vaccines as they work on a formula. Ex: take this much blood, subject it to x degrees over y minutes blabla etc and you have your vaccine, you don't need to believe that it will work as it just does as a fact. I seriously don't understand why you have to write a wall of text that says nothing at all. And that last line is supposed to prove that you are smart or something?

Bible school does indeed teach you how to play with words in order to deter people from the truth or the subject in order for you to "win" a conversation and i find that childish and retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    This exactly. They don't afford to bad products especially when you can prove, by taking samples from their vaccines, that it does have an intended side effect. It's like a baker placing stones in the pastry while having a secret contract with a dentist, conspiracy theories can't go further than this haha.