What is your WoW Legion Conspiracy theory?

Here is mine,

Release Date: Legion is ready to be released today (the discs are printed, the packaging is wrapped, and the trucks are ready to roll).

Reason Why its Believable:

1) Blizzard does not want to have 2 games being released at the same time and they have to release Overwatch due to platform gaming console agreements,

2) Blizzard has said that they increased the size of their development team (and there is also no content work being done on WoD) so it is conceivable that they really are getting a lot done (but they are unwilling to show it),

3) "If it aint broke why fix it?" Blizzard had made their money through a very repetitive business model: hype and time. The more hype for the game and the longer people have to wait to play it has always ended up in major $$$ for blizzard.

4) There is no compelling reason to release the expac right now. There is a core group of players who will always stay subscribed no matter how long they go without adding content and blizzard can always increase their revenue stream by selling a highly desirable mount in their eshop.

Sound reasonable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    My conspiracy theory is that Legion in conjunction with the coming Warcraft motion picture are going to serve as a method to set up and announce a true sequel to WoW with a new graphical engine and setting up a new sequence of events. WoW 2, for lack of a better name, will reset time back to the First War - all this to prevent to death of Illidan during the events of TBC and finally take the fight to the Legion proper on their own worlds.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

A very weird theroy and seems like a waste of resources and money for blizzard.

Number 1:
    It is accurate (blizzard don't like to contest with themselves) but overwatch really caters to a different player then MMO's (yes there is some cross over but not to much)

Number 2:
    If the game is already finished why host up a huge incomplete (so obs a earlier version they worked on for ages) alpha and have people test it, its wasting their resources and the testers time.
    How would a company as big as blizzard get away with printing all that media and not a single leak happen, like nobody on twitter posting a photo or mentioning it.

Number 3 & 4: in fact they are losing a lot of money compared to releasing it, the hype alone of a release, the pre patch brings back a ton of players, yes they still make money from subscribed players but that number slowly drops the longer the content drought, again if they have something finished that came back them more money why wait, we can see alone from the WoD surcriber levels that blizzard posted on WoD's release that it brought back a truck load of players.

Really the longer they wait the more players will find something else to occupy their time, some may not return from what they found I know a few of my friends are really getting into MOBA's now and are unlikely to come back to Legion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    Here is mine,

Release Date: Legion is ready to be released today (the discs are printed, the packaging is wrapped, and the trucks are ready to roll).

1) Blizzard does not want to have 2 games being released at the same time and they have to release Overwatch due to platform gaming console agreements,

2) Blizzard has said that they increased the size of their development team (and there is also no content work being done on WoD) so it is conceivable that they really are getting a lot done (but they are unwilling to show it),

3) "If it aint broke why fix it?" Blizzard had made their money through a very repetitive business model: hype and time. The more hype for the game and the longer people have to wait to play it has always ended up in major $$$ for blizzard.

4) There is no compelling reason to release the expac right now. There is a core group of players who will always stay subscribed no matter how long they go without adding content and blizzard can always increase their revenue stream by selling a highly desirable mount in their eshop.

Sound reasonable?
    You're totally insane. What kind of marketing strategy is waiting? How would you explain player feedback being continually incorporated into the game every build? Hell, how would you explain being ready to launch without a proper Beta? It wouldn't be too far fetched to say that maybe Thal'dranath is well underway, or that the next expansion is already well planned out, but Legion already being done is hilariously ludicrous.

1. What platform agreements? Legion has nothing to do with platforms.

2. Team 2 is probably already working on the next expansion. They had a lot of Legion to show off at Blizzcon than other expansions.

3. Releasing right after the movie launches is maximum hype. It's the most hype. YUUGE hype.

4. I can't even make sense of this one.

I think legion pruning is a deliberate move toward console wow
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    If your theory was true, then why isn't every Alpha PTR patch already flawless? Unless they add bugs into their supposedly already finished product just to throw people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    My conspiracy theory is that Legion in conjunction with the coming Warcraft motion picture are going to serve as a method to set up and announce a true sequel to WoW with a new graphical engine and setting up a new sequence of events. WoW 2, for lack of a better name, will reset time back to the First War - all this to prevent to death of Illidan during the events of TBC and finally take the fight to the Legion proper on their own worlds.
    I keep hoping a new MMO is in the pipeline. From distant memory I think WoW was announced suddenly after another big development project had been cancelled. Titan was cancelled so the scenario may repeat. They are packing a lot of different themes into legion that either sets up many expansions or a final expack. But it's just as likely they are making movie release and expansion release coincide, that they have had unanticipated problems with meeting their timeline or that their focus is on their newer games which now contribute significant income.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    Here is mine,

Sound reasonable?
    After seeing that flawless logic, I'm assuming you're a Bernie Supporter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.