Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Don't forget this:

This dreadlord could just be on the upper right edge of this...
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-03-31 at 03:59 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maybe Tirion was Balnazzar all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Ah yes blizzard bending the "lore" even harder. Classic.
    shivarra have been priestesses of the legion since they were introduced in burning crusade.

anyone can wield light energy if they have determination and faith in their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    with the new lore there is no such thing as a pre-Legion Nathrezim, they are one of the original demon races
    But were they something before demons corruption that we know about?

Legit question /complete lore noob.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    http://legion.wowhead.com/mission=95...us-is-that-you

The dreadlord, Razelikh the Defiler has returned to the world in a new body. Strangely, he sometimes goes around killing the other demons at the Felblaze Ingress in Azsuna. Stranger still, while doing so, he refers to himself as Loramus Thalipedes, the famous demon hunter who killed him long ago in the Blasted Lands! Send your forces to Azsuna to investigate.

It is the Demon Hunter Loramus. In Blasted Lands questing we helped him banish a Dreadlord into his body, and he teleports to the Twisting Nether to defeat him permanently.

"It is done. Leave me here, then, while I wrestle with Rakh'likh in the next world. Your job here is done, heroes."

So the implications of this are really cool. My speculation is that when a Demon like Rakh'likh and a mortal like Loramus merge, and the Demon within is defeated, the result is a purified Demon with the soul of the mortal.
    Why is everyone ignoring what this dude just said lol?
    Last edited by loppy88; 2016-03-31 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post

no, they're one of the original demons spawned by the intermingling of light and void magics within the nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post

Some species, such as Dreadlords (Nathrezim), have always been demons. They came to be in the Twisting Nether, as opposed to evolving/being created on a planet in the physical universe like Azeroth or Draenor. Creatures that originated from within the Nether itself have always been demons and do not, as far as we know, have any sort of "uncorrupted" version.

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know the Nathrezim are a race of demons, unlike the Eredar who were corrupted, the Nathrezim have always been evil.

I'm sort of hoping this guy is either a Nathrezim who "discovered jesus... I mean the light" or maybe a secret weapon of sorts.

My personal theory is this is what happen to things when you "dunk" them in the Sunwell.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-03-31 at 04:26 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Would be cool if it was because of paladins having captured one, and used the light to make it convert- so we could gain knowledge about the demons, which we could use against them.
    You know, something like that. Guess it could create some ingame drama and conflicts , for some story plots

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, they're one of the original demons spawned by the intermingling of light and void magics within the nether.
    Right, but that also raises speculation that Anti-Dreadlords, beings of Light, were also created at that moment. A race of inherently divine beings not unlike the Naaru. How, why, when or what caused a divide to occur in the Nathrezim race is totally speculation.

OR

The Nathrezim were created completely neutral. Over the aeons, the Nathrezim followed two separate paths, the Dreadlords choosing to pursue and study the power of the Void Lords, the others, choosing the Naaru and the Holy Light. Whatever Loramus accomplished in the Blasted Lands, it caused the Dreadlords he was battling to not only suffer a polar shift, but Loramus took control of his body as well.

Again, this is purely my speculation. But a lot of people are ignoring the fact that this is Loramus from the Blasted Lands in the body of a 'purified' Dreadlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone posted this on reddit with a snippet from an order hall quest that said a dread lord had been tearing through demons in aszuna referring to himself as loramus (yes, loramus the demon hunter from vanilla). possible that he found a way to overtake the dreadlords and use their power against the legion
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Right, but that also raises speculation that Anti-Dreadlords, beings of Light, were also created at that moment.
    So what would happen if a Dreadlord and an Anti-Dreadlord touched?

Right, but that also raises speculation that Anti-Dreadlords, beings of Light, were also created at that moment. A race of inherently divine beings not unlike the Naaru. How, why, when or what caused a divide to occur in the Nathrezim race is totally speculation.

OR

The Nathrezim were created completely neutral. Over the aeons, the Nathrezim followed two separate paths, the Dreadlords choosing to pursue and study the power of the Void Lords, the others, choosing the Naaru and the Holy Light. Whatever Loramus accomplished in the Blasted Lands, it caused the Dreadlords he was battling to not only suffer a polar shift, but Loramus took control of his body as well.

Again, this is purely my speculation. But a lot of people are ignoring the fact that this is Loramus from the Blasted Lands in the body of a 'purified' Dreadlord.
    pretty sure all of the base demons are created neutrally, they just all have innate desire for complete chaos due to fel being part of their creation.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Some species, such as Dreadlords (Nathrezim), have always been demons. They came to be in the Twisting Nether, as opposed to evolving/being created on a planet in the physical universe like Azeroth or Draenor. Creatures that originated from within the Nether itself have always been demons and do not, as far as we know, have any sort of "uncorrupted" version.
    Yeah, wasn't sure 100%, wondering if they could have fallen into the same sort of madness that Sargeras had.

As far as anything else though, I am sure there is always exceptions.

WTF is a Falmer doing on Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Sure it's their lore. And I'm calling them out for being lazy and barely keeping it together with countless changes/retcons (so many that they have to release a book series dedicated to keep track of them all).
    @Koenigstiger

Every post I see you make is ALWAYS negative of Blizzard and/or WoW. Why are you so salty in all your replies? Why are you so negative about the greatest game development company on earth?

http://legion.wowhead.com/mission=95...us-is-that-you

The dreadlord, Razelikh the Defiler has returned to the world in a new body. Strangely, he sometimes goes around killing the other demons at the Felblaze Ingress in Azsuna. Stranger still, while doing so, he refers to himself as Loramus Thalipedes, the famous demon hunter who killed him long ago in the Blasted Lands! Send your forces to Azsuna to investigate.

It is the Demon Hunter Loramus. In Blasted Lands questing we helped him banish a Dreadlord into his body, and he teleports to the Twisting Nether to defeat him permanently.

"It is done. Leave me here, then, while I wrestle with Rakh'likh in the next world. Your job here is done, heroes."

So the implications of this are really cool. My speculation is that when a Demon like Rakh'likh and a mortal like Loramus merge, and the Demon within is defeated, the result is a purified Demon with the soul of the mortal.
    Nice research , a pity people will still post wrong speculation, they never bother in reading comments...
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

it wouldn't make sense for this to be loramus and razelikh. why would a demon hunter go light like this?

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Why is everyone ignoring what this dude just said lol?
    It doesn't explain why it's infused with the power of the Light. Demon Hunters have nothing to do with the Light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    It doesn't explain why it's infused with the power of the Light. Demon Hunters have nothing to do with the Light.
    And yet, he is the closest to the truth of the new-found skin in the patch.

Thank you, Shoc.

I like this new purified dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Don't forget this:

This dreadlord could just be on the upper right edge of this...
    Isn't it Sargeras ? The sword in the hand of the creature strongly ressemble the one that been shattered during his fight with Aggramar.
    I'm not sure if you were talking about that though... sorry if it's the case.
    Last edited by mmoc2fab09da39; 2016-03-31 at 09:41 PM.