If it wasn't so sad, it'd be fucking hilarious how little they touched mages.

Lets see, LB explodes at end to spread, each artifact adds 1% stamina, class hall got a face lift.

Class Hall is art work so can eliminate in terms of how our class functions.

Guessing Stamina thing is changing from damage on artifact (that 20 you get to spend after filling artifact out).

So only real change is LB explosion spreads it. Hell one could argue they should have left the original Legion LB spread the hell alone!

All that feedback on their forums and this is what they manage

The biggest patch I have seen for mages was prior one when they clarified wording. Otherwise we have been consistently in the bottom 3 least updated classes in the notes.

Fuck I'd be willing to let Northerm have a go as a developer at this point

Getting legit annoyed that they made our class hall (that we shouldn't be spending all our time in) prettier, but not only neglecting core issues with the class but won't even update the fucking animations on Frostbolt, Ice Lance, and Arcane. Seriously, the fuck is going on besides really fucked up priorities?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    In most cases Blink is used to get out of harms way, not to break bonds or stuns.
    I guess it will depend on the playing style of each person, but ultimately, leaving aside the choreographies of the instanced battles (which is only a minor aspect of the game), the main use of [Blink] is to break stuns and bonds (or at least I use it mainly for that at questing and PvP) although of course, you can use it too for closing the gap when you have to travel long distances...

In short, [Shimmer] removing stuns and bonds does not harm anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Getting legit annoyed that they made our class hall (that we shouldn't be spending all our time in) prettier, but not only neglecting core issues with the class but won't even update the fucking animations on Frostbolt, Ice Lance, and Arcane. Seriously, the fuck is going on besides really fucked up priorities?
    Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Trump...
    Last edited by Northem; 2016-03-31 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is silly. Environment artists and effects artists are almost never the same people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I guess it will depend on the playing style of each person, but ultimately, leaving aside the choreographies of the instanced battles (which is only a minor aspect of the game), the main use of [Blink] is to break stuns and bonds (or at least I use it mainly for that at questing and PvP) although of course, you can use it too for closing the gap when you have to travel long distances...
    Considering that I don't PVP, pretty much the vast majority of the time that I use Blink is to either 1) Get out of harm's way, 2) Propel myself forward to get away from stuff or cause walking is too slow.

Honestly, when it comes to raiding and the majority of questing/world PVE, Blink isn't used to break stuns or bonds cause they pretty much don't exist in those places. Blinking to escape stuns and bonds is mostly PVP orientated.

In questing you still use Blink more for movement than stun breaking. Barely any world mobs even have stuns.
    It's exclusively in PvP (an entirely optional part of the game) that Blink's chief utility is breaking stuns, and even then it is also a powerful ability for repositioning. In every other arena, it's chiefly a movement tool.

Yeah, it's even more annoying to me seeing new casting effects given to NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivena View Post
    Yeah, it's even more annoying to me seeing new casting effects given to NPCs.
    Forget NPCs, they gave friggin' upgraded arcane missiles to faerie dragons from balance t18 set bonus. It's the highest form of mockery. Giving the highly anticipated spell effect which is already done and in-use to temporary summons from a set bonus (not even baseline ability) of another class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldayr View Post
    This is silly. Environment artists and effects artists are almost never the same people.
    Effects artists are too busy updating others classes visual effects, no time for mages. The sad thing is that Hearthstone has better Arcane animations then WoW does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    The biggest patch I have seen for mages was prior one when they clarified wording. Otherwise we have been consistently in the bottom 3 least updated classes in the notes.
    I had a funny chat with a guild mate about this hours before the patch was announced:

Mate: "I've heard there would be a mega alpha patch later."
    Me: "mega or mage?"
    Mate: "mega"
    Me: "Well, so no cool stuff for mages again. :/"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Effects artists are too busy updating others classes visual effects, no time for mages. The sad thing is that Hearthstone has better Arcane animations then WoW does.
    .... some effects got updates for mages. Flamestrike was updated out of nowhere. Let's hope this is the case for other spells, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    .... some effects got updates for mages. Flamestrike was updated out of nowhere. Let's hope this is the case for other spells, too.
    Fire looks great in Legion, the core animations were all updated and they have a nice explosion effect when hitting mobs. Arcane is utterly untouched, which is really odd as it is one of the worst visually looking specs in the game right now with numerous decade old animations abound.

Two questions:
    Do we get new Teleport/Portal in Legion?
    Tooltip for Comet Storm is now 'deals damage to all enemies within 4 yards of its impact'. Has Blizzard finally changed so it's behavior? Or is it tooltip error?

Ashran teleport still uses Tol Barad icon. "We don't care, go away". Second expansion is a row when BLizzard spews replacement icons and casually forgets about Mages (in MoP Vale icon was Shattrath until .4 patch I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    Ashran teleport still uses Tol Barad icon. "We don't care, go away". Second expansion is a row when BLizzard spews replacement icons and casually forgets about Mages (in MoP Vale icon was Shattrath until .4 patch I believe).
    Exactly my point. It's small shit like this that irks me because my class constantly gets neglected or oversighted.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Exactly my point. It's small shit like this that irks me because my class constantly gets neglected or oversighted.
    What a lovely day here

We've been told "mages are in a good spot".

Translated as "we have one temp person who spends roughly 20 hours a week on mage class, but he usually is our 'go for' person, so figure half that he actually does any mage work"

That recent pizza commercial has Blizzard considering moving that person's title to "Fall Guy"

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Class Hall tree seems up, if not working yet.

So we have

I: Arcane Provenance - Doubles the chance for your quest rewards to get a rare or epic Bonus Upgrade.[NYI]
    Frost Nova - Increase success chance against Minions by 20% on the first mission of the day.

II: Blink - Reduce mission duration of all missions by 30%.
    Arcane Library - Increase the maximum number of Apprentices and Conjurors you can recruit from 2 to 4.

III: Elemental Power - Newly recruited Water Elementals become Arcane Golems, which add: Quickening - Increases success chance of missions by 30% when accompanied by Arcane mages.
    Higher Learning - Newly recruited Apprentices become Conjurers, which add: Presence of Mind - Increased mission success chance by 30% when a Spell is present.

IV: Teleportation Nexus - World teleport unlock.[NYI]
    Refreshment Table - Reduces the cost of recruiting all troops by 25%.

V: Might of Dalaran - Daily nuke WQ. [NYI]
    Arcane Armaments - You can place a work order for Champion armaments once a day. [NYI]

VI: Legends of Ragnarok - Upgrades your artifact forge to allow socketing of a third relic slot. [NYI]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Class Hall tree seems up, if not working yet.

So we have

I: Arcane Provenance - Doubles the chance for your quest rewards to get a rare or epic Bonus Upgrade.[NYI]
    Frost Nova - Increase success chance against Minions by 20% on the first mission of the day.

II: Blink - Reduce mission duration of all missions by 30%.
    Arcane Library - Increase the maximum number of Apprentices and Conjurors you can recruit from 2 to 4.

III: Elemental Power - Newly recruited Water Elementals become Arcane Golems, which add: Quickening - Increases success chance of missions by 30% when accompanied by Arcane mages.
    Higher Learning - Newly recruited Apprentices become Conjurers, which add: Presence of Mind - Increased mission success chance by 30% when a Spell is present.

IV: Teleportation Nexus - World teleport unlock.[NYI]
    Refreshment Table - Reduces the cost of recruiting all troops by 25%.

V: Might of Dalaran - Daily nuke WQ. [NYI]
    Arcane Armaments - You can place a work order for Champion armaments once a day. [NYI]

VI: Legends of Ragnarok - Upgrades your artifact forge to allow socketing of a third relic slot. [NYI]
    Haven't paid a lot of attention to our class halls (I guess I figure the less I know about them, the more I can remain in blissful ignorance in case they turn into Garrison Mark 2) so I've not seen this system before.

Do we earn ALL abilities, or do we have to choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Haven't paid a lot of attention to our class halls (I guess I figure the less I know about them, the more I can remain in blissful ignorance in case they turn into Garrison Mark 2) so I've not seen this system before.

Do we earn ALL abilities, or do we have to choose?
    Judging by interface we should choose one of two in each row

Most of it just seems to be stuff that feeds back into Class Hall stuff, which is fine. "Daily Nuke" sounds fun though.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a choice between them, just got to it on a toon with actual resources. They each have a build time. 2h, 8h, 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days. In 2 hours when this completes, I'll see if you can respec them.

Blink vs Arcane Library = Omg fuck you Blizzard let me have both