Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfis View Post
    To be fair, do we know if the enemies that we're facing are the Forsaken? Yes, Sylvanas is the one who gave the order to "discipline" Koltira, but she referred to some third party that was going to be doing the disciplining. She's worked with demons in the past (or one demon, at least), perhaps she employed them again for this situation.

It could just be some Forsaken characters that are dealing with Koltira, but given her past ties with demons, the demon theme of this expansion, and Blizzard's decision to make Sylvanas go down the Lich Queen route, it doesn't seem terribly far-fetched that we may be cutting our way through demons, not Forsaken (or Forsaken to the same extent we fought Putress and his merry band), on both sides.

That would also alleviate the problem of which faction's scenario is the canonical one, or if it's one scenario, the problem with the Horde Death Knight's betraying Sylvanas.

A final note, do we know if this is even available to both factions? I see some other scenarios listed that look like they would be restricted to a certain faction, like saving Magni. Maybe this is only available to Alliance?
    That would make the canonical Master Death Knight in charge of the Ebon Blade an Alliance race, and I doubt Blizzard would do that for any class leader. Even if it makes the most sense for some. Like mages and paladins, because Blood Knights would be like "Stop wasting time praying and have this Sunwell water. It'll keep you charged up so we can go kill some demons without all this junk." And a Sunwalker would be like "Uhm...I can't fit through the door...can we move our order hall to Tyr's Hand or something? At least that's above ground..." and Horde race mages shouldn't trust the Kirin Tor at all, much less want their base to be there after taking command.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfis View Post
    Fair enough, I didn't think about that. But where does it mention that this involves one's authority as the Master Death Knight, or that this is even Death Knight exclusive? I haven't been following these kinds of events in the alpha, so all I know about this is what I find when I ctrl-f "Koltira" on the front page, which doesn't mention anything about Death Knights or the Ebon Blade.
    Dunno if it's Death Knight exclusive. I assumed it was when reading the OP, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, in Legion, the players are the leaders of the class factions, so they can't be acting not as leader. So whether it's the Death Knight leader or the Druid leader, it'd still be basically declaring the Cenarion Circle/Tirisgarde/Silver Hand/Ebon Blade/Unseen Path/Illidari/Earthen Ring/Warrior team name/Rogue team name/Priest team name/Council of the Black Harvest for the Alliance if the leader attacks the Horde.

That'd be like Varian running into Orgrimmar, swinging his sword around, slaughtering everyone in his path, then when the Horde corner him, he's like "Woah, hey! I was acting as an individual, not as leader of the Alliance! I'm blameless!"

Varian wouldn't get off scot free, and it would strain things with the Alliance despite Varian's words.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-04-01 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Difference is that the "betrayal" of MoP was backed up by 90% of the Horde, effectively making such word look meaningless. But who backs up the Horde player here? Thassarian, who's not an Horde DK, actually the exact contrary, he's an Alliance one. Making the Horde player join forces with Thassarian to slay people in Undercity would be blatant treachery, they should basically force your character to return to the Ebon Blade. That's pretty idiotic.

I think it would make the most sense if the Horde DK merely acts as ambassador, vouching Thassarian and convince Sylvanas to let him go. Something like "yeah he's kinda dumb but the Ebon Blade needs him and the situation is the one it is, just let him go and he'll not be a concern of yours anymore".
    I don't think that blizzard cares. They didn't even really bothered flashing that during vol'jins revolution, a event much bigger and much more prominent to give orcs actual reason to follow vol'jin and i doubt they will put too much extra effort into one time quest for one class.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    The Crusade doesn't get involved in petty politics. They are out to destroy world-ending threats, not Alliance-ending threats. Certainly not because the Alliance tried to go for Andorhal when they should have been focusing on Westfall's farmland in their own backyard. And certainly not because the leader of the Ebon Blade who's supposed to be neutral attacks the Undercity to bust out a guy who disobeyed his queen's orders and was suffering her discipline for his actions.

They'd look at the situation and see that the Ebon Blade attacked the Forsaken, and certainly wouldn't join the aggressor's in that conflict. The Ebon Blade kill and raise people too, just like the Forsaken. The only reason people don't cry that they're evil and call for their heads is because half of them are Alliance, so people ignore it because they're not out to kill Alliance.

If a Horde race leader of the Ebon Blade attacked an Alliance city, you'd probably call for their destruction, or just the leader. But if it's an Alliance Ebon Blade leader breaking neutrality to rescue Koltira from his punishment, then it's all fine and dandy to you.
    i said i would specifically faction change my dk just to get to kill forsaken as horde, if the horde version let you kill the bastards.

i hate the forsaken, i hate sylvanas, i hate everything about them and her, and i want them removed from horde and placed in a third faction. if all their overhyped bullshit is true, they're good enough to be their own faction now.

take them, replace them with ogres or naga for the horde, let the edge kids go play in the dark brooding faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i said i would specifically faction change my dk just to get to kill forsaken as horde, if the horde version let you kill the bastards.

i hate the forsaken, i hate everything about them, and i want them removed from horde and placed in a third faction. if all their overhyped bullshit is true, they're good enough to be their own faction now.

take them, replace them with ogres or naga for the horde, let the edge kids go play in the dark brooding faction.
    Wow, it was quite some time since someone was so mad about forsaken. Brings good memories, how about you start separate thread for that ?

Darion probably learned what happened to Koltira and decided to take action since what Sylvannas was going to do was against the Forsaken Free will Policy and against their Anti Lich King Policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They didn't even really bothered flashing that during vol'jins revolution, a event much bigger and much more prominent to give orcs actual reason to follow vol'jin
    While I totally agree than in-game they made zero effort to flash that out, they tried to compensate with this short-story to somehow explain the logic behind your most average orc to oppose Garrosh.

Still an half-assed attempt, not only relegated in a story having no relevance or implications in-game but based on nothing but your own imagination of how most orcs probably think like this dude and why "the majority of the orcs sided with the rebellion", without making no real attempt to show an organized effort of more than just one orc. As a result, all we saw in SoO was a bunch of Orgrimmar Grunts that didn't definitely strike as "majority" of anything.

About Koltira, I still hope they will make an effort. It just looks too retarded this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    ade into a third faction, and done legit. fuck the whiners that would rage over it. make it a third faction, give them undead high elves, undead humans, undead dwarves, and undead gnomes. maybe undead vrykul. FUCK this idea of "faction balance" for races and classes, go warhammer online with this stuff.
    That Warhammer game which now has 2 active players or so..

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    That Warhammer game which now has 2 active players or so..
    it's been shut down since 2013.

it was gutted in development by EA, likely would have survived longer if it wasn't for EA.

though, it was pretty old school in terms of difficulty, i doubt it would have survived all that much longer in today's climate.

Maybe this will convince Koltira to join the Alliance half of the Ebon Blade along side his pal Thassarian. He is a High Elf after all.

The details of the Broken Front and the falling out of the Horde and Alliance, as well as the 'defeat' that is so huge we have to abandon the primary Alliance/Horde armies to make our own little class clubhouses might have a tiny impact on the perspective of all of these neutral factions attacking each other and the primary factions.

Right now Ebon Blade attacking Undercity seeks strange from an Alliance point of view, and wrong from the Horde point of view.
    Right now Ebon Blade attacking Light's Hope Chapel to raise Tirion Fordring as the final member of the new Four Horsemen seems wildly outrageous for anyone who isnt a Death Knight, most of all Paladins.

Maybe the parts of the story we dont know yet change that perspective and make those things make more sense than they do right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Maybe this will convince Koltira to join the Alliance half of the Ebon Blade along side his pal Thassarian. He is a High Elf after all.

The details of the Broken Front and the falling out of the Horde and Alliance, as well as the 'defeat' that is so huge we have to abandon the primary Alliance/Horde armies to make our own little class clubhouses might have a tiny impact on the perspective of all of these neutral factions attacking each other and the primary factions.

Right now Ebon Blade attacking Undercity seeks strange from an Alliance point of view, and wrong from the Horde point of view.
    Right now Ebon Blade attacking Light's Hope Chapel to raise Tirion Fordring as the final member of the new Four Horsemen seems wildly outrageous for anyone who isnt a Death Knight, most of all Paladins.

Maybe the parts of the story we dont know yet change that perspective and make those things make more sense than they do right now?
    I think the fact that we´re literally losing the war is enough explanation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    if you're referring to the siege of orgrimmar, the korkron were no longer our horde at that point.
    If you're an Orc player they are. As an Orc player you logically should've been on Garrosh' side, not against it. It makes no sense and it's a stupid narrative. It's not fun to slaughter your own people, least of all being forced to do so simply for the joy of epics. It's immersion breaking.

I still think Kosak hates Orcs and just doesn't give a f*ck about Orc players when coming up with this storyline. All other races are fine and have a good reason to go to war but Orc players are overlooked. It's great that they realize their mistake and are cautious to pull another of these moves with the Forsaken/Ebon Blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    If you're an Orc player they are. As an Orc player you logically should've been on Garrosh' side, not against it.
    You forgot the part in which the orcs of Razor Hill shown nothing but despise for the Kor'kron. After you kill the leaders of the place they pretty much cheer and say they got little of what they actually deserved. The Kor'kron clearly became the reflection of Garrosh's reign which was nothing but corrupt at that point.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post

Woah. Well, that's interesting. I understand that the group in the spoiler tag wouldn't appreciate why the group attacking would want to do that thing in the spoiler tag, but attacking? That seems kind of drastic. Also, blegh. Why him... Why not someone cooler?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Also, blegh. Why him... Why not someone cooler?
    He's one of the most powerful paladins of all times, chosen by the Lich King to be his "greatest champion". The question is more or less pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    He's one of the most powerful paladins of all times, chosen by the Lich King to be his "greatest champion". The question is more or less pointless.
    Eh, I guess. I suppose I was sort of just glad to be rid of him.

So...the gist of this is that it is BAD for the Ebon Blade to take offense at one of their number being captured and "re-educated" and try to rescue to them, all because it offends Forsaken sensibilities...

Excuse me while I walk slowly out the door.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    So...the gist of this is that it is BAD for the Ebon Blade to take offense at one of their number being captured and "re-educated" and try to rescue to them, all because it offends Forsaken sensibilities...

Excuse me while I walk slowly out the door.
    Koltira left the Ebon Blade and pledged himself to the Forsaken. Then he turned around and got Soldiers killed because he was a shit commander and couldn't keep his boner away for Thass. killing forsaken to free some shit tier death knigt is going to cause way more problems then the ebon Blade will ever be able to resolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

i still say the crusade would ally with the ebon blade.
    Crusade is being attacked by Ebon Blade, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Horde quest I guess here will be Canon, or the Forsaken will be making the ebon Blade chug on slime as soon as legion is delt with.
    Implying they could. The Ebon Blade tore through a Scourge-filled Northrend, what will the Forsaken do?

The Ebon Blade also has the Lich King.