Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

I want one and it was not my wifes idea. We have a kid and do not want annother.
    I only have no idea what it costs and I hate sitting around at the doctors office even with an appointment.
    And the last urologist I visited was a failure in human interaction.

Snipping out parts of two tubes I do not put in it's intended use again? No problem at all.
    And make it non-reversible, please.

Oh, one other "issue", I am pretty sure that this requires at least two fertility tests before
    the procedure is called succesfull by a doctor.
    Can't really figure myself wanking off at the doctors...

i have no kids so no. i want to have 2 or 3 kids after that i wouldn't care

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    The procedure was 45 minutes and pretty much painless.
    Few questions: Did they knock you out or?

Cumming is many times more intense than before the procedure.
    Is this a subjective thing or is there actually a viable logic behind it? (Just curious)

I get laid way more often since there is no worries about being out of stock on condoms or failures from other forms of birth control.
    Does your wife know?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Get the fuck out of here.
    He's said some pretty stupid shit. That's right up there with it. Some people's kids.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    https://www.parsemusfoundation.org/projects/vasalgel/

Fuck vasectomies. Support this project.
    Yup, I get updates from them in my email all the time. Right now they're caught up on baboons not being reversible due to the smaller size and fragility of their vas deferens. Rabbit tests were 100% success rate on reversibility. They're starting clinical trials on men who don't care about reversibility (in case it's not as reversible in humans as is thought) really soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Meh, the observations can't be taken for a 100% truth. MY desire/drive hasn't gone done, it only went up!
    And "they" said the procedure would be painless or the pain would be very limited...also bullshit, when they yank those seminal ducts, good god.

The chronical pain is also different per person, i felt fine after 2 days and had my first rub 5 days after, and now almost 3 months later i feel like i used to, except any kick/slap/tap/kids jumping in lap in the most unsuspecting moments feels x100000 worse than before.
    That sealed the "not going to happen" deal for me. I have kids, and when they were younger I knew all about the random jumping in the lap. x1000000 is a huge number.

Plus, I would probably never get it done anyway. Easier to just replace the woman.

That's the the butthole is for

Do I like them? How long have we been together? How old am I? Have we already had kids? How many?

If I really liked being with then (not one of those just becasue I don't want to be alone relationships) and we have been together for at least 10 years had at least 2 children through what ever means and I was in my late 40's then sure id get one. If half of those were met id research into reversible vasectomy and maybe get one of those if less than half were met id refuse.

Oh another thought id also tell them its a coin toss since if they don't want to make babies anymore they also have an option of getting their tubes tied so we would flip a coin and who ever wins gets the snip.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    That sealed the "not going to happen" deal for me. I have kids, and when they were younger I knew all about the random jumping in the lap. x1000000 is a huge number.

Plus, I would probably never get it done anyway. Easier to just replace the woman.
    I thought all male parents knew about wearing protective cups until your kids turn 12.

That's why they made coat hangers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I can't imagine ever agreeing to this at 80, gray and elderly whether single or on my diamond aniversary - let alone in my 20s, single and virile even though children are not on the radar and I don't even know if realtionships is what I want.

would you? for that special love?
    Never

(10char)

Nope. I've learned that women can screw you over for far less significant gestures. I'd rather not effectively neuter myself for something (and someone) who is in all likelihood never 'guaranteed'.

Sterility can very easily be a certainty; relationships, less so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I can't imagine ever agreeing to this at 80, gray and elderly whether single or on my diamond aniversary - let alone in my 20s, single and virile even though children are not on the radar and I don't even know if realtionships is what I want.

would you? for that special love?
    It's a 10 minute surgery, done in an office versus admitting a female into the hospital, is 99% effective with the double snip technique and you can return to work the same day. Though I would take at least a day off. It also prevents multiple types of cancer's.

But if you ever want the chance to continue having kids then keep wrapping it. I had 3 children so it was an easy decision.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh reversing a vasectomy is very costly and results in a much lower sperm count.
    Vasectomy itself has been observed to reduce sexual desire. It has a minor but not negligible complication rate and can result in chronic pain (reported at anything between 1%-4% of patients, which is fairly significant when it comes to chronic pain).
    Reduce sexual desire? lol...no, not at all

As for the complications, yes, there is always potential for complications with any surgery, but the rate and severity of those complications is much smaller for the man than the woman. BTW, the chronic pain for vasectomy that rarely happens is the same percentage as men without vasectomies...so that stat is largely considered to be bogus.

Also, I got mine after having 3 kids. I would not recommend this approach as a temporary measure until later. It is still considered largely a permanent decision overall.

As for myself, no issues at all after my vasectomy (more than a decade ago)...including no sexual desire reduction at all besides what generally happens as you get older (I'm decades beyond being an 18 year old horny teenager).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Meh, the observations can't be taken for a 100% truth. MY desire/drive hasn't gone done, it only went up!
    And "they" said the procedure would be painless or the pain would be very limited...also bullshit, when they yank those seminal ducts, good god.

The chronical pain is also different per person, i felt fine after 2 days and had my first rub 5 days after, and now almost 3 months later i feel like i used to, except any kick/slap/tap/kids jumping in lap in the most unsuspecting moments feels x100000 worse than before.
    The only thing I felt was when they put the needle in each side to numb me up. I almost knocked the doctor out myself. Once that was done I didn't feel a damn thing.

But I've also had leg surgery where they removed pins from my ankles. Shot up the area with some pain killers. Cut a small hole with a scalpel and then grabbed the pin with a wrench and pulled. Like removing a nail with a hammer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh reversing a vasectomy is very costly and results in a much lower sperm count.
    Vasectomy itself has been observed to reduce sexual desire. It has a minor but not negligible complication rate and can result in chronic pain (reported at anything between 1%-4% of patients, which is fairly significant when it comes to chronic pain).
    That's all psychological if your sex drive decreases. Chances are there's other problems in place already. Depression, high blood pressure, obesity, etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

We've talked about it and I'll probably get one after our next child is born (wife is pregnant with #2 right now). We'll be happy with two, already both in our 30s, and only ever talked about having a max of possibly 3 right after we got married. But neither of us wants to still be doing diapers at 40, and my wife is one of the unlucky ones who is absolutely miserable during pregnancy. Last time she was still throwing up and feeling nauseous well into the third trimester and this time is looking to be the same as we're about halfway and she still feels awful, was up throwing up last night in fact. So we're both in agreement that #2 is going to be the last one.

So if we've got our family and don't plan to have any more kids, why not do that instead of puttering around with condoms (the pill is a no-go, my wife has a hereditary risk of blood clots so the pill can be dangerous for her)? Its not like either of us is willing to give up sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Compared to the pill/capsule and things like that, which can be used without any issue for most people. Hell, they even come with some benefits for regulating the period.

A vasectomy is a surgery and comes with all the usual dangers of one (mistakes, infections, etc.), and since I want kids later I would need a reversal at one point, so that's two surgeries with the usual risks. The reversal also has a lower chance of success the longer you go with the vasectomy, on top of the initial risk that reversal will fail for whatever reason. Chance of being fertile is always lower after a vasectomy + reversal than without any of them.

So unless there's something preventing normal use of birth control for my SO, I'd never go for a vasectomy. The only time it'd seem like a sensible option to me was if, as was the situation with a previous poster, a condom is the only viable birth control.
    Firstly, no one has ever died from having a vasectomy. This might sound like a strange and facetious fact to mention, but given that between 10 and 15 women die in the U.S. every year as a direct result of problems experienced during tubal ligation surgery, it’s a fact worth mentioning. This risk of death comes from the fact that tubal ligation surgery requires the patient to be under general anesthetic, and death is a result of either hypoventilation (inadequate oxygen-intake) or cardiopulmonary arrest (the sudden cessation of both heart and lung function).

For what its worth.

I drive a car also, and 1.3 million people die in car accidents every year.

When my wife and I talked about it we chose some minor discomfort for a few days over her possible death.

http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com...asectomy.shtml

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The only thing I felt was when they put the needle in each side to numb me up. I almost knocked the doctor out myself. Once that was done I didn't feel a damn thing.
    The only thing I felt after getting numbed was some uncomfortable sensations in my stomach.

Post surgery when I had this ballsack wonderbra on with cotton padding the cotton got hooked around a stitch and I pulled it down without knowing and dropped to my knees though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also as a side note I got it done because I wanted it not because my girlfriend at the time wanted one. If anything though I will say most women (even those who say they don't want kids) view it as a negative now days. My experience and that of guys I know who have had it done, is that women typically take 100% of the responsibility in ltr to deal with child prevention and taking responsibility ourselves for it is viewed as a refusal to commit. All of us are in our 20's with me at 28, and most the women we date in the mid to late 20's range, so maybe that is a viewpoint that will change as the women we date get older.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Few questions: Did they knock you out or?
    Nope, just used local anesthetic. Pretty sure you can get knocked out for it if the insurance company is willing to play along, though. The doc that did the operation became a CCW after another doctor in the same building had been killed a few months before. So we talked about his new found appreciation for small form factor firearms for 45 minutes.
    Is this a subjective thing or is there actually a viable logic behind it? (Just curious)
    Totally subjective but there is some speculation that contractions of the vas deferens after they've been cut may have something to do with it. It could also be psychological just from being able to spontaneously go at it which is always more exciting.
    Does your wife know?
    For now. If Kate Upton or another member of my 'Island 5' show up at my doorstep then who knows what the future holds?

I would never get it done simply because my partner wanted me to.

However, I did have this done back in December as a mutual agreement with my partner.

Was in and out in about an hour, had a few days a mild discomfort and that was it. No major chronic pain, no major pain during the operation (thank god the NHS makes sure people who perform elective surgeries like these are trained for years before letting them loose on people's sacks!)

Was back to work after 48 hours with no issues or major discomfort and have had no issues with pain during sudden movements or bouncing.

As for the reason why I had it done; Partner becomes crazy on birth control, I'm not able to wear protection, and we do not want any more kids, so it made the best sense. When it is a mutual agreement, I do not see why this is such a big deal and any man who would not even consider it really should think about how much a woman goes through for childbirth as well as the hormone imbalance caused by the pill and whether or not they would be happy to go through that consistently.