Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Khadgar acknowledges in-game that he is using Atiesh

Also mentions that the raven form he keeps using is in fact a part of the staff, not him being able to do the same thing as Medivh on his own right.

What does this mean about Me'dan and the rest of the stuff about the Guardians and what not?

Or do you think this is just non-canon fluff like typical Khadgar goofiness?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Also mentions that the raven form he keeps using is in fact a part of the staff, not him being able to do the same thing as Medivh on his own right.

What does this mean about Me'dan and the rest of the stuff about the Guardians and what not?

Or do you think this is just non-canon fluff like typical Khadgar goofiness?

pretty much this.

I don't see what the big deal is, it was basically known since the first time turned into a raven that it was Atiesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    We've known for a long time that that thing gave his staff to Khadgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dithemoira312 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is, it was basically known since the first time turned into a raven that it was Atiesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    We've known for a long time that that thing gave his staff to Khadgar.
    The difference is it was always just there, but never really talked about. Thats the sort of vagueness that lets people make excuses as to why its not legit lore and is just in-game fluff.

This is no longer that. Or is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The difference is it was always just there, but never really talked about. Thats the sort of vagueness that lets people make excuses as to why its not legit lore and is just in-game fluff.

This is no longer that. Or is it?
    It's canon. There is no fluff except a few companion pets and mounts (Diablo, Tyraels steed etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post

pretty much this.
    I would be ok with this. lol well done

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Blizzard is retconning Me'dan entirely, which means they may have to explain how Khadgar came across Atiesh. Not surprising given he was seriously OP and impossible to introduce in-game without being horribly broken and Mary Sue. Broll Bearmantle and Valeera Sanguinar--Varian's Gladiator buddies from back in the day--have both had much easier transitions into the Lore.

...It makes sense Me'dan is being retconned out of the Lore now given the Council of Tirisfal as we knew it is rendered obsolite by the events of some of the Artifact Quest Chains in Legion.

On an unrelated note: I got a chuckle out of the original plan for Valeera to be Varian's love interest in the comic book series. The opportunity never naturally developed and was ultimately scrapped. On the one hand it would have been interesting and Anduin probably wouldn't have minded having her as a stepmother. Plus, any children born from her and Varian's union would likely be pretty powerful because of the magic in Valeera's blood. On the other hand, she's got that independent streak of hers. It would be hell for the Alliance guards trying to keep her from being killed XD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is retconning Me'dan entirely, which means they may have to explain how Khadgar came across Atiesh. Not surprising given he was seriously OP and impossible to introduce in-game without being horribly broken and Mary Sue. Broll Bearmantle and Valeera Sanguinar--Varian's Gladiator buddies from back in the day--have both had much easier transitions into the Lore.

...It makes sense Me'dan is being retconned out of the Lore now given the Council of Tirisfal as we knew it is rendered obsolite by the events of some of the Artifact Quest Chains in Legion.

On an unrelated note: I got a chuckle out of the original plan for Valeera to be Varian's love interest in the comic book series. The opportunity never naturally developed and was ultimately scrapped. On the one hand it would have been interesting and Anduin probably wouldn't have minded having her as a stepmother. Plus, any children born from her and Varian's union would likely be pretty powerful because of the magic in Valeera's blood. On the other hand, she's got that independent streak of hers. It would be hell for the Alliance guards trying to keep her from being killed XD
    We wish. Khadgar likely just borrowed it from him for this while Me'dan is off training... At least until Blizzard says they're retconning him that's what I'll believe as they've only ever said he's canon.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is retconning Me'dan entirely,
    That's not what retcon means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar with Atiesh is just Blizzard being Blizzard, I just let my sight kinda glaze over whenever I look at him so it doesn't make my brain hurt.

Now and then I entertain the idea that the Khadgar we're interacting with is actually a bronze dragon who plucked Atiesh from the time stream for shenanigans and what not, and the real one is somewhere behind the scenes with a Mai Tai or something while he digs through old lore and information to combat more Legion junk.

It hurts less thinking about it like that sometimes, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Med'an is canon, Blizzard is just assiduously (and wisely) avoiding mention of him or the circumstances as to how Khadgar came into possession of Atiesh. That it bestows the ability to transform into a raven was unknown, but it makes sense as only Medivh and now Khadgar have demonstrated the ability in the games themselves.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Now I wonder if Liadrin is actually using Quel'Delar or just the weapon model appearance?

Because I think some obscure Dwarf Garrison follower is also using a 1h Quel'Delar weapon appearance too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Now I wonder if Liadrin is actually using Quel'Delar or just the weapon model appearance?

Because I think some obscure Dwarf Garrison follower is also using a 1h Quel'Delar weapon appearance too.
    Maybe the Ethereals are trying to make more bank by extending the Transmog service to NPC's?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted

If they just made the entire comics non-canon that would be fantastic. Those things were atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If they just made the entire comics non-canon that would be fantastic. Those things were atrocious.
    More atrocious then WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post

Weapons with lore significance (however small) often seem to fall into the hands of NPCs once they've become outdated. I wouldn't doubt that Liadrin is actually welding Quel'Delar, just like how Halduron is likely actually wielding Thori'dal.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    More atrocious then WoD?
    Yes. Worse than WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ashbringer was the worst in my Opinion. Any story about the Ashbringer and the whole war in the plaguelands should be written by an actual good writer who really can portray characters with religious believes, moral standpoints, feelings and a real psyche.