Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Korean april fools is announcing vanilla servers

https://kr.blizzard.com/promo/ko/byungsinnyun/wow

I wonder why they didn't make the same april fools in English, hot topic?

Because they would get drowned in the tears of their English-speaking audience.

Deleted
    Korea is already at a point no one will take an announcement of any type of new server serious.

because the ark is not finished, they will announce vanilla servers when it's finished, then say lol only joking, then the ark will sail on the mighty sea of tears.

So we can expect Vanilla servers soon. Just like pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by holypalaswe View Post
    https://kr.blizzard.com/promo/ko/byungsinnyun/wow

I wonder why they didn't make the same april fools in English, hot topic?
    Because if they did they would probably get bomb threats.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Because we already know it will never happen.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would make so much money if they actually made these servers... There are thousands of people playing on private servers and it would take little to no work for them to make something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    They would make so much money if they actually made these servers... There are thousands of people playing on private servers and it would take little to no work for them to make something like that.
    Most of those people have never even played normal WoW. They play on private servers because they don't want to deal with subscription fees.

Because Blizzard knows Vanilla servers would be a terrible idea.

If they're a smash hit, then that negates EVERYTHING they've done since then (meaning no one would want to buy any of the expansions or level boosters or etc.). Vanilla is a dead end because if they try to add anything to it, it's not Vanilla anymore. There would be nothing left to sell.

It could also instead just shatter all the rose-colored glasses and make everyone realize that Vanilla WoW isn't any better than current WoW. You're just older/more experienced and are bored with MMORPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Most of those people have never even played normal WoW. They play on private servers because they don't want to deal with subscription fees.
    If you look around the forums of these servers they are filled to the brim with people who long for the olden days of vanilla. I know that there are lots of people who only play because its free but I don't think they are the majority.

The only reason I can see for blizzard not wanting to make these servers is that it would split the community in two.

Deleted
    Why should we make a fuss? I've gone on about classic / pre-cataclysm servers for so many years now that I've lost all interest. If there's one thing I've learnt is that Blizzard stopped caring years ago so I shouldn't waste my time either, if they said the grass was green I would double check. This announcement, if it was announced in english would have been a bitter kick in the teeth for people like that actually enjoy classic and caused them a lot of trouble.

If you're after the classic experience I would recommend Nostalrius, been going for a solid while now.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2016-04-02 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    Because we'd drown them in oceans of tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    If you look around the forums of these servers they are filled to the brim with people who long for the olden days of vanilla. I know that there are lots of people who only play because its free but I don't think they are the majority.

The only reason I can see for blizzard not wanting to make these servers is that it would split the community in two.
    Most private server forums I know of are inactive and most of the posts are about elitists who kicked them from dire maul for not doing the freeze trap right or some such.

People I've met on the vanilla server I play on were nice, but only one of them had played on live. Everyone else was confused when I started talking about the cata deadmines/shadowfang revamps in cata or anything else about retail.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure vanilla servers will come eventually.

After WoW becomes completely irrelevant with like 100-200k subscribers (and yes, it can happen, WoW could have 100k subscribers and still be profitable for blizzard)

They will start brancing out and start doing something like that. I mean they have to do something with the empty servers :P

However until WoW is still a very big game i dont think theres a reason to do it. In the end it only hurts blizzard though , if there was a legal option most of these private servers would dissapear or atleast lose a big portion of their playerbase.
    Last edited by mmoc7f3035b6ae; 2016-04-02 at 09:36 PM.

ROFL, that would have been so cruel had they done that to the west.

There are some things you don't joke about with the Western WoW community. This is one of them. The salt is real
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The backlash wouldn't be something Blizzard would like to have to apologize over the next day.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have loved that
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_EN/status/716004308043624448/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

explain this plz. Because they don't make april's fools through this twitter.